How do i make friends if everyone knows each other

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2012, 8:30 pm

I try after school things but people always seem to know each other so its weird just standing alone

Whats cool enough that you can come alone and people dont mid?

Or should i jus "work my way up" and t talk to alone people?

as408
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 8:07 am

I hate this too. Every time I've ever gone somewhere to help make friends, everybody else already seems to know eachother, and I find joining in very hard because of always getting confused with ''how to join in without butting in'' every time. And even if people do let me sit with them, I may say a few words to them or they may say a few words to me, and then they all sit talking about something that they all have in common (since they already know eachother), and I just kind of sit there listening because I'm too shy to speak up (and have the fear that no-one will listen if I do say something), and there's always a ''life and soul'' person in every group who take up all the attention, which kind of erases shy people like me. And then I end up coming away without making any friends.

I just don't know how people do it.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 1:27 pm

just like some people are prodigies and gifted to draw, paint or dance from childhood
we are gifted to be shy, recluse and invisible............. :lol: