how do females with Aspergs show signs of interest

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

sirhawkeye
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jan 2013, 1:11 am

I'm sorry if a similar post has been made on this, but I'm curious about this.

For the females out there with Aspergers, how do you show a guy (either w/ Aspergers or NT) you're interested in them?
(I know this is a broad question and that every person is different...)

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2013, 1:34 am

I would tend to:

- Initiate communication with them (rather than only responding to their texts, conversations, etc.)
- Suggest hanging out with them (rather than only agreeing to hang out when they ask)
- Give them 'the look' with the eyes, if I'm feeling confident that they might be interested in me
- Do some general flirting if we are under the influence of alcohol (e.g. touching their arm, hand, etc., saying flirtatious things...)

Last edited by yellowtamarin on 24 Jan 2013, 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

ruckus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jan 2013, 1:35 am

Well, I'll usually go up to them and try to get a conversation going (or sometimes they will approach me), and eventually I'll ask them if they'd like to get a drink with me some time (or if we've just met at a party or other social setting, if they'd like to blow this joint and go somewhere quieter). If you want to know what I do once we're hanging out together one on one, though, I try to express interest in their lives and maintain positive body language (I will keep my body positioned toward them). I will ask them lots of questions, smile, laugh at their jokes, and make lots of eye contact. If they seem receptive I will slowly ramp up the touching over the course of the night with light touches of their shoulders, arms, and knees, as well as sitting close together, and little things like that, until things eventually develop into kissing or whatever the other person is comfortable with.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2013, 1:47 am

Haha, now we can spy on each other ruckus to see if either of us is flirting with a guy :lol:

ruckus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jan 2013, 1:50 am

yellowtamarin wrote:
Haha, now we can spy on each other ruckus to see if either of us is flirting with a guy :lol:

Hahaha, remember though, it's all or most of these things at once, and not just one thing on it's own. I don't wanna get in somebody's pants just because I laughed at their joke! P:

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2013, 2:08 am

Erm... every woman with Horseburgers is different?

ruckus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jan 2013, 2:12 am

Tequila wrote:
Erm... every woman with Horseburgers is different?

I think they are asking for each of our individual opinions, but have just phrased it poorly.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2013, 2:20 am

ruckus wrote:
yellowtamarin wrote:

Hahaha, remember though, it's all or most of these things at once, and not just one thing on it's own. I don't wanna get in somebody's pants just because I laughed at their joke! P:

That's actually an important thing to clarify. One "signal" does not necessarily equal interest.

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 2:13 pm

It's hard to say. Some people are just flirts, and will flirt with someone, but only with the intention of getting to know them.