Page 7 of 7 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

opal
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2014, 12:12 am

AztecQueen2000 wrote:
My least favorites, mostly because of the insincerity inherent in each:

"I'll call you later." No you won't! You're just trying to get rid of me. (So many people say that and then never do.)

"Anything you need, let me know." Why? Will you "call me later?"

"You need to be comfortable in your own skin/Be yourself" If I decided to "be myself," I would bring a doll with me everywhere despite being in my thirties, dance through Prospect Park, and spend hours talking about Law & Order. And then no one would want to have anything to do with me because I'm too weird.

All of these.

kazma
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Mar 2014, 12:36 am

i agree with alot of what has been said by B19 also i hate when people bring up things to do with god fate or believing things that it isn't in their faith eg a catholic believing in karma its almost always NTs that do things like that :roll:

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2014, 2:15 pm

-Common phrases that are inherently contradictory such as:
"It is cold as Hell outside."

When people say things like this, I have trouble registering the things they say afterwards because my brain just won't stop trying to force the phrase to make sense.

-Sets of two common phrases that everyone seems to accept but contradict each other such as:
"Long distance relationships never work out." and "Absence makes the heart grow fonder."

There are plenty of people who would agree with both of these statements at different times, and believe both wholeheartedly. I have some set talking styles that I bust out when talking to different types of people, but opposing statements like these make it difficult for me to figure out which style will be the most comfortable to others.

kazma
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Mar 2014, 5:50 pm

sonofghandi

Sets of two common phrases that everyone seems to accept but contradict each other such as:
"Long distance relationships never work out." and "Absence makes the heart grow fonder."

i think a lot of that has do to with being spoon fed that information thru out life that they just accept them as truths but cant see the fact that they contradict one another