Got a new window of opprotunity. Please comment!

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

JohnConnor
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jul 2013, 1:25 pm

Ok so here is the situation.

I just graduated from college and unfortunately I was not able to do much in the way of joining a social group simply because of the fact that I had numerous academic challenges that I had to overcome and I did not get an official diagnosis until I was 26. Dad was a factory worker and Mom was undiagnosed as well which is where I got As from. Sooooooo.....I graduated and the need to hang out with other people is severe. However the people that I see the most are the people that I work with......The only thing in common that I have with these people is that we work at the same place. Other than that I don't have anything in common with them. Not saying I dislike them, I just don't want to hang out with them. However after talking with my immediate supervisor aboout how I felt moving to day shift. She has accommodated me as far as she can with giving me day shift on every Tuesday which gives me the open window to hang out with a bicycling club the same night.

That is where I intend to start practicing my social skills. The first couple of times did not go over very well. But this last time I told myself just to relax and be like a planet in my own orbit & not try to psychically attach myself to someone else which really does annoy people to no end. The way I view this opportunity is, I earned it through hard work and merit. Because I spent the past five years fixing my financial situation, my living situation, my academic abilities and my overall health as well as my employment history.

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2013, 1:57 pm

:-) That's excellent !
It sounds like you have put a lot of effort into improving things which matter, and I hope that this opportunity goes really well for you. Well done, for making the effort to get where you are in life now.