What Kind of Glasses should I get (Shape/Color)

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Asperger96
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2013, 9:41 am

I post this here because this isn't really a health issue. I have seen many times the style of someones glasses leads people to make assumptions about their personality. (I.E. The Round Harry Potter-esque glasses make people assume one is intelligent). My old glasses were huge and ovalesque, and I got teased about them repeatedly for their clunky shape. 8O )I just got a new prescription and am getting new glasses, but I am unable to decide the shape (Round glasses tend to show I am intelligent, but I feel they make me look like a nerd). I think this qualifies as a social dilemma.

Aspendos
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Sep 2013, 10:38 am

I don't think anyone here can advise you on that. You should choose glasses that fit your face, i.e. if you have a round face, don't wear round glasses on top of it. Your optician should be able to advice you on what glasses look good on you. Certainly there's no way we can do it without even seeing your face. Ultimately, it comes down to personal taste.

Pitabread123
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Oct 2013, 11:29 am

You shouldn't feel the need to show off your intelligence based on what glasses your wearing; you're just inviting people to make a preconceived judgement of you. I've been really into the more thicker rimmed glasses because they seem to be in style right now, but thinner, metal frame glasses could probably work for just about anybody, It's up to you really what you want to look like, and even then looks don't really matter that much at the end of the day!