Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

DeviousDani
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Oct 2013, 9:50 am

Does anyone else have no friends?

(I mean real/close friends that you would go to their birthdays and spend time with them)

ghoti
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2013, 10:30 am

That describes my fairly well.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2013, 11:39 am

I have one friend who I see very occasionally.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2013, 11:46 am

I haven't had someone like that in my life for several years, no. No friend right now who is close enough to hang out with, talk a lot to, etc. I would say the small few people I know are more like acquaintances, but not actual close friends.

I've had close friends before in my life though, just in "spits-and-spots" then they fade out of my life. I seem to do what I think of as a "gate" opening for certain people. I keep my gates closed most of the time, but once in a while I will let someone close enough that they become the one person, or one of only two or three at best, whom I actually don't mind seeing a lot of, calling me, or dropping by, while everyone else in my life would give me conniptions of they took the same liberties. I've only ever had three at most people at any one given time, whom I feel close enough to let into my life really closely.

No close friends now though. I recently had a birthday and nobody knew. I actually kind of preferred it that way, and wanted to spend the day in my own way.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2013, 2:35 pm

<--- All alone in the world.

Codyrules37
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2013, 4:39 pm

i have no friends either. this is the reason why

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2013, 5:33 pm

i don't have (or miss having) friends. I prefer it that way. I've had friends but they tend to drift away which I don't mind. I don't think I'm a misanthrope. I just prefer to spend my time by myself. I can only take so much of other people and then I need to go off on my own to recharge. I find them very draining.

Your Aspie score: 151 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 60 of 200

Formally diagnosed in 2007.

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.

LogicalMolly
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Oct 2013, 5:36 pm

I don't have any friends.

Codyrules37
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2013, 6:06 pm

all my friends are hackers and scammers on Runescape

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2013, 8:08 pm

DeviousDani wrote:
Does anyone else have no friends?

(I mean real/close friends that you would go to their birthdays and spend time with them)

sounds like me.

anewman
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Oct 2013, 8:47 pm

Yep same here.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 3:43 am

I have one or two friends but one of them lives in the country so I only hear from her if we ring each other up, the other friend we just didn't have much in common anymore so we just drifted apart.

Yayoi
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Oct 2013, 4:01 am

I can relate. Have a couple of best friends, but barely see them since they don't go to my school. I have nobody at school, since there are all these cliques and everyone is either into mainstream pop culture or obsessed with "alternative" things like art, second-hand clothes and classic rock, and I like neither. Also, everyone likes to drink and party, except for this one other girl I want nothing to do with since she's loud, awkward and likes to be childish and "random" around people, when I'm quiet and would rather not be associated with someone obnoxious like her who's the laughing stock of the school.

JitakuKeibiinB
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 4:27 am

I have no friends at the moment. I don't even have any acquaintances. In fact, I only know the name of one person in this state, and she's my landlord. I don't mind. I only miss some of the side benefits. I'm sure I'll encounter some creep who insists on befriending me soon enough, like usual.

DeviousDani
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Oct 2013, 5:19 am

Yayoi wrote:
I can relate. Have a couple of best friends, but barely see them since they don't go to my school. I have nobody at school, since there are all these cliques and everyone is either into mainstream pop culture or obsessed with "alternative" things like art, second-hand clothes and classic rock, and I like neither. Also, everyone likes to drink and party, except for this one other girl I want nothing to do with since she's loud, awkward and likes to be childish and "random" around people, when I'm quiet and would rather not be associated with someone obnoxious like her who's the laughing stock of the school.

I feel the exact same way, except I do like art :) but yes it seems all my peers are just too different from me

Codyrules37
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 8:54 am

actually I do have homies