Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

BeautyWithin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Mar 2007, 10:24 pm

I have an online friend and I'd really like to meet her. We've 'known' each other for over a year now. She lives in a different part of Ontario but she would like to visit Toronto so she can check out the Zoo and Science Centre with her family. She and her hubby work hard, but don't make much.

So...my hubby made the offer that he'd pay for a hotel for her and her family if they decide to come and visit. There's no way we're going to make it up there... I don't drive, and my hubby hates driving too. We have no car and we're not going to rent one. I also prefer the idea of her staying in the hotel - that way they won't invade my personal space and throw my life topsy turvy.

She liked the idea - actually seemed excited.
As long as they found their way to Toronto, we'd pay for the hotel and pay for their admission to either the zoo or science centre. Our only 'expectation' would be that we'd meet at the zoo or science centre. She and her family can enjoy the rest of the time in what-ever way they please.

Now, it seems like she's avoiding me!
What did I do wrong?
I don't get it.

jnet
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Mar 2007, 11:17 pm

r u sure that she is avoiding you? or is it possible that something else is going on with her that you may not know about? or she's just busy? i have a tendency to think someone's avoiding me when in fact there is some other cause for not talking as much.

BeautyWithin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Mar 2007, 11:19 pm

I really don't know.
I hope that it's just my brain jumping to conclusions.

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

03 Mar 2007, 11:43 pm

BeautyWithin wrote:
I really don't know.
I hope that it's just my brain jumping to conclusions.

That happens, I've got first had experience with jumping conclusions. It could be anything from internet problems to being hit by a car (oops, probably shouldn't have said that!)

Remember that there are external reasons for them being absent that could render them unable to tell you via internet.

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

03 Mar 2007, 11:58 pm

maybe shes attracted to you. im not trying to be gross or anything but i met a girl online and we did it, it was really a bad choice since i lossed all my smarts when i met this girl, and had unprotected sex. yikes. that will never happen again, but i'm sure shes either just nervous meeting you or doesnt feel comfortable with you paying for the hotel room. maybe you should tell her you'll pay for half of the room so she wont be as nervous. goodluck!

BeautyWithin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Mar 2007, 2:36 am

It turns out that I was jumping to conclusions.. :D
She had her in-laws visiting and so she wasn't in a position to be on the net.

jnet
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Mar 2007, 11:26 am

BeautyWithin wrote:
It turns out that I was jumping to conclusions.. :D
She had her in-laws visiting and so she wasn't in a position to be on the net.

that's good. i'm sure u feel much better now! :)

BeautyWithin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Mar 2007, 11:54 am

Yes I do... I was so worried that she was avoiding me. I'm glad I was wrong (and it's rare that I say that). :D