Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

chris4autismrights
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Dec 2014, 7:09 pm

What are your personal rules for email etiquete? how acceptable is it to email a friend? I have people who never respond to emails but say email me anytime

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2014, 6:51 pm

People who are your acquaintances often say that in passing as a way to sound friendly. But if they actually care about you and are a friend to you, they would email you back.

Emailing friends is acceptable, but only if they respond to emails. People who are younger (teens-20s) prefer to be messaged through text or on social media as a general rule. I use email if I want to write something long that would be too long for a text message, but if I want to chit-chat or plan something, I usually text.

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.