Going to meet some kind of famous people today.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2011, 1:25 pm

and I really have nothing more to say than "hey, I like your stuff". They are the YouTube sensation Gregory Brothers who also do auto-tune the news. Turns out the friend who drives me completely batty with her excessive talking is their cousin. Anyway, what else can I say? I have no idea. Unfortunately it's not the kind of situation I can make a comment and then go. It's these guys.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnoD3NUux3M&feature=related[/youtube]

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2011, 3:51 pm

I like their stuff too. And that's probably exactly all I could think of to say. I'd be tempted to ask if they were going to record and autotune our conversation but that's a lame joke and they've probably heard it several times by now.

You could ask them how they do it. It might be a trade secret or they might tell you a little about it. But it's worth asking, just for the conversation.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2011, 3:52 pm

Ask them what they used to use before the invention of auto tune.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2011, 5:55 am

They were nice and we had a pleasant short chat. They perked up considerably when I told them I first heard of them listening to Terry Gross interview them on Fresh Air. Ironically, my friend their cousin doesn't have a computer and only recently has seen what they do. After all the " I like your work-Thank you very much" business it was basically a chat between people with mutual associations. I tend to blurt and babble when I don't know what to say and that is true whether someone I'm talking to is well known or not. But luckily, sometimes the blurting and babbling furthers the conversation.

catlover02
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Jun 2011, 10:52 am

I am really glad that you had a good time meeting famous people. :)

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2011, 11:07 am

Aimless wrote:
... After all the " I like your work-Thank you very much" business it was basically a chat between people with mutual associations ...
... luckily, sometimes the blurting and babbling furthers the conversation.

It is always nice to be able to enjoy just being people ...

Congrats!

anarchybovine
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jul 2011, 12:40 pm

f**k yeah! I love the Gregory Brothers. Not only their Auto-tuned music, but also their Soul music. That's so awesome you got to meet them.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2011, 2:30 pm

anarchybovine wrote:
f**k yeah! I love the Gregory Brothers. Not only their Auto-tuned music, but also their Soul music. That's so awesome you got to meet them.

I know their first cousin. I was feeding her critters while they were at a sort of family reunion and they gave her a ride back to town. Evan is the obvious leader, Andrew and Michael sort of shuffled around quietly in the background. Michael is the one you see most often in the videos. He seems to be fairly quiet IRL. I enjoyed talking to them, they do not have big egos at all.