Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

wrongcitizen
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2019, 4:49 am

I have an issue where I go on long-winded rants in casual conversation and I have a very weak filter. This causes a lot of problems for me like being manipulated by people in the past, and accidently insulting people, but it's impossible to manage at the moment I'm in conversation, and being silent or not communicating with someone makes me uneasy because I can't receive social cues to know whether they're thinking of something specific. I feel like I have to make a conscious effort not to dump my entire train of thought on another person. Do you struggle with this and if so, have any way of controlling or even fixing it?

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2019, 1:39 am

yes, i have that problem. and yes, i can control it to a limit. when i realise i am about to break out, i say "i wish not argue about this" or "i will withdraw from this discussion for the time being", or lines like that. and do withdraw. and then i go to a safe place (such as, closed chat room only few selected ppl can see), and vent it there.