Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2023, 10:29 pm

Today at least four of the neighbors dogs in my backyard.

I have been afraid of dogs for a long time

Bitten by dogs

My sister owns the house I live in

Email sister

She told me to tell the neighbors myself and she won't intervene.

She said she would sell the house if I keep bothering her

Scared the s**t out of me

But sometimes the neighbors front yard has more dogs in it. They have at least six dogs

So I am afraid to knock on the door

Maybe I could write a postcard

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2023, 4:13 pm

Can you call animal control and report dogs running loose? Just tell them you don't know who owns them and that they're behaving aggressively.

With any luck they'll get a long nap and you'll get peace and quiet.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2023, 12:32 pm

Funeral empire

Yes I can tattle to animal control. Strictly speaking I *do not know* whose dogs they are

However it is extremely difficult to imagine that they not the next door neighbors dogs

If I tattled to animal control and animal control put the dogs to sleep, I would be paranoid about what kind of revenge the neighbors would take out on my worthless corpse. The dog owners literally *know where I live*

(Besides if I tattle to animal control, animal control might not come to my house and even if animal control comes to my house, the dogs might have chosen to crawl through a hole in the fence by then)

Besides I hate making or receiving phone calls

It is illegal to booby trap your house. Punishable by ten years in jail and $10 000 fine.

Otherwise I would prefer to just put some poisoned dog food in my backyard

f**k my annoying lil dipshit neighbors

"Don't throw your junk in my backyard,
my backyard
my backyard
don't throw your junk in my backyard
my backyards full"

"Not in my backyard " (NIMBY)

My worthless corpse constantly: outnumbered overpowered outsmarted

s**t

I feel like anyone could get away with doing anything to me

There is nobody to tattle to

Reminds me of my day job

Home Depot, Lot Attendant.

Work in the parking lot pushing carts and loading merchandise. Anyone could come in and do anything to my worthless corpse. Anyone could have felony convictions, psychiatric diagnoses, weapons, subconscious biases, ulterior motives, reckless driving, no drivers license or insurance. Home Depot has at least two cops on standby at all times but that's not enough, or the cops are not efficient or hardworking enough

My worthless corpse has been wounded

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2023, 4:13 pm

Animals picked up by animal control are not immediately killed. Owners have a chance to get them back. Make an anonymous report to animal control. Who knows, maybe they aren’t your neighbors’ dogs.

If you have not demonstrated your objections to the dogs, they would have no reason to suspect you.

Think of it as care for the dog as well. Dogs should not be allowed to run wild.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2023, 7:36 pm

@shortfat

Are you saying those dogs bit you, or was it different dogs?

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2023, 7:40 pm

blazing star

i am the only one that lives in the house. it is hard to make an "anonymous" report.

it is possible that they are not my neighbor's dogs, but it is hard to imagine how any dogs could've come into my backyard, except through a hole in the neighbor's fence.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2023, 7:42 pm

isabella

different dogs bit me

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2023, 8:19 pm

If they’re on your property then I agree you should say something to the neighbours, but I know how awkward that is. You could talk to animal control and explain the situation that you are worried for their safety because they don’t seem to be getting adequate care. Your fear of dogs is relevant, but even if you weren’t afraid of dogs they need to be secured at their own home. I’d recommend an anonymous call to the animal control and tell them you are autistic and you don’t feel comfortable approaching the neighbour, and you also want to stay anonymous as the person reporting. They should be able to investigate anonymously.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2023, 8:51 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
blazing star

i am the only one that lives in the house. it is hard to make an "anonymous" report.

it is possible that they are not my neighbor's dogs, but it is hard to imagine how any dogs could've come into my backyard, except through a hole in the neighbor's fence.

Can you make a report by phone? You don’t have to give your address. Just say something like: the dogs are running around on the 1400s block of SoAndSo Street.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2023, 4:14 am

Neighbours. The bane of our lives (unless they're also your friends).

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2023, 4:34 am

This is one of the reasons I made an effort to make friends with all my neighbours, it started with giving them Christmas cards each year. Now if their pets get into my garden I can just ask the neighbours to remove them. It is beneficial to be friends with your neighbours because for example when that idiot crashed his car into my gate and broke it, the neighbours ran out and told him off, and waited with him so he wouldn't drive off, til I put my clothes on and came out to talk to him (it was 7am)

I hope you get this sorted out, dogs are harder to get rid of. With cats you can just clap your hands or walk towards them and they run away but I wouldn't do that with dogs.

Sending best wishes, OP!

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2023, 6:11 pm

blazingstar wrote:
shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
blazing star

Can you make a report by phone? You don’t have to give your address. Just say something like: the dogs are running around on the 1400s block of SoAndSo Street.

You *can* tattle to animal control by phone. However, the dogs are not *really* "running around on (a certain block)". The dogs were just in my backyard. Once in my backyard, they do not have any way to "run loose" around the block. (unless there's a second hole in the fence that I do not know about.) Animal control might not come for the dogs. Besides, it seems like there's a hole in the fence between my house and the neighbor's house. By the time animal control came, the dogs might've already gone back to their side of the fence. Then what? Animal control might accuse me of making a prank call. Yes, I took photos, but that does not "prove" that the dogs "trespassed" onto my property, because animal control could claim that I photoshopped it.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2023, 6:20 pm

I understand better now the situation.. It is likely the dogs run around other locations but you wouldn’t know that.

Is your backyard fenced? Can you repair any holes they are coming through?

I’m so sorry about this. Difficulties with dogs are frustrating and scary. I hope you can find a solution that will work for you.

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2023, 6:32 pm

Can't verify it but citronella spray can warn off dogs and is a cheap fix, spray it all over the ground and around the hole in your fence. It has also been tested to warn off aggressive dogs and is perfectly harmless to the dog. There are even recipes online to make it yourself.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2024, 9:36 pm

update:

A couple of hours ago, while I was trying to cut tree branches in my backyard, (at least) two of the neighbors' dogs had the nerve to jump over the fence into my backyard. "Oh, my god. no, no," I said (not loudly). I saw the dogs jump over the fence (fence about six feet high). Thank Buddha, I barely got into my house in time. Next time, I might not be so lucky.

The neighbors' house has a sign that there are "dangerous dogs" that live there.

I am afraid of dogs and have been for a long time.

Plenty of dog owners do not know or care about the Leash Law. The dog owners act like they are so innocent. They act like they have never done anything wrong before in their lives. The dog owners act so social and appear, to me, to have plenty of cronies. However, everyone they care about is just like themselves.

At the time the dogs climbed over the fence, someone was in their backyard. A couple minutes later, he was on the phone and said "Chinito, 'no, no, no' no' ". He said that in a regular speaking voice. He was not screaming and did not sound emotional. He was not talking to me. (I do not speak Spanish and I am not completely certain that he said 'Chinito' ". Furthermore, even if he did say 'Chinito', I cannot physically 'prove' that he was referring to me. Granted, I am Chinese. However, plenty of people are also Chinese.) He did not interact with me, nor did I interact with him.

"Chinito" means "Chinese" in the dictionary. "Chinito" does not mean "Chinese". However, it disgusts me hearing that word. If I said "Mexican" around them, there is no way that they would just ignore it. However, when they said "Chinito" around me, I just ignored it because I was afraid that they might have felony convictions, gang affiliations, psychiatric diagnoses, guns, or what the flying f**k ever, and they might physically injure my worthless corpse. I feel so f*****g helpless, s**t. (rolls eyes)

It appeared to me (things not always the way they appear), that he was just doing work in the yard. He might not actually live there. It looks like plenty of people often go in and out of the neighbors' house and many of them do not live there.

Last year, when I told my sister about the dogs (the dogs were in my backyard at least two separate days), she threatened to sell the house that I live in if I bothered her again. So, I am afraid to tattle to my sister about the dogs. She also told me the neighbors were "friendly". Not everyone defines and measures "friendliness" the same way. The neighbors never even bothered apologizing for the dogs.

Also, if I knock on the neighbors' door, I am afraid that the "dangerous dogs" will come out and bite me.

I do not know if I have a legal "right" to put up a taller fence, because the fence might be the neighbors' property instead of mine.

f**k those ass hole neighbors! i can't talk to them. they don't care. they didn't do anything last time the dogs came into my backyard. the cops don't care. my sister threatened to sell the house if i bothered her again.

what am i supposed to do, put out some poisoned dog food? The Geneva Convention allegedly makes it illegal to put out Booby Traps.

https://definitions.uslegal.com/b/booby-traps/

Short of moving out of my house, there is literally nothing I can do about the dogs. Besides, no matter where I live, neighbors might have dogs. Or neighbors might be worse in other ways.

Blazing Star

my backyard is fenced. the dogs had the nerve to jump over the fence. i do not know if the fence is the neighbors' property or mine. if the neighbors' own the fence, i do not have a legal right to repair any holes. there also might not be any holes.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2024, 9:49 pm

Is this some rural area? In Australia we have strict animal control laws that make it mandatory that dogs cannot leave a enclosed property without the owner and leashed. If the dogs bark/bite you must additionally muzzle the pooch.

I have a cavoodle and its a little barky and it annoys the neighbours but it won't harm a flea.

I suggest (since your sister doesn't want to help) you call animal control first in your local council/municipality. Do this and check what your neighbor's rights are to have their dogs wander around.