When "friends" stop returning my emails, I...

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Learning2Survive
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2009, 10:43 pm

I make a last effort, and if they still don't reply, I delete that person from my contact list and find someone else to talk to - someone reliable.

For all you rejected aspie's - delete these unfriendly people from your contact list, and if they do reply eventually you could even delete their message without reading it. It's mean, but if you need closure and no longer want to continue a "friendship" that makes you feel bad about yourself when that person does not talk to you, than go ahead. Don't feel guilty. Being a little evil is good sometimes. ;)

KaliMa
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2009, 12:06 am

Quoted For Truth

Dentu
Raven
Raven

07 Apr 2009, 12:55 am

I kind of wish I could. It'd be a lot easier. Instead of months of anguish I could determine my own answer and be done with it.

But it would mean I lost hope. More important than feeling good about myself, I want to affirm myself. To know that even if they want to forget me, I'll never forget them. If I took the easy route I'd be defeated, and the kind of future I want to believe in will die with me.

We aspies are prone to absolutism. More than anything, I think that's our biggest weakness. I have to remember to have hope that things can be better. And I have to prove it in everything I do, no matter how painful the path.

TheKingsRaven
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Apr 2009, 4:34 am

Some of my friends are just plain unreliable with E-mail, they don't mean anything by it.