Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Temucano
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Dec 2007, 3:05 pm

My psychiatrist give me some recommendations. He said: you have to look people with your hobbies. So I looked for people in local forums (jazz, movies, anime, etc.). I found a forum located in my city. So I contacted some people and I invited them to my house because I want to create an anime research group.
Five people went to my home. And there was a very pretty girl. I didn´t have expectations. I talked with these persons and my doctor was right. We understood each other perfectly. This girl was laughing many times after some jokes made by me. After some talking, we watched the first movie of a trilogy. And she was very interested in the names of the robots.
I was talking about animation all the time. As usual, I know people with my hobbies and then go away.
This happened on past saturday.
What I do now? How much time I have to wait for a new meeting? And most important: How can I keep this new relationship?
I´m afraid to lose my efforts and the chance to make friends.

beautifuloblivion
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2007, 4:32 pm

I'm glad you got off to a good start. Go ahead and give them a call. You'll never know what will happen until you actually do it.

sort30030
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Dec 2007, 7:08 pm

You posted almost the same thing in a different forum. If these people were willing to come to your house and you met them through forums without any contact beforehand, then they seem like they will be willing to come back. Just invite them again and try to get to know everyone body more. Also have good food ready at your house too.

Temucano
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Dec 2007, 7:35 pm

sort30030 wrote:
You posted almost the same thing in a different forum. If these people were willing to come to your house and you met them through forums without any contact beforehand, then they seem like they will be willing to come back. Just invite them again and try to get to know everyone body more. Also have good food ready at your house too.

You are right. The story is the same but the questions are different. In the other thread I was asking about a girl.
But in this thread I was asking how to keep this new group of friends

MikeInVa
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Dec 2007, 7:36 pm

Temucano wrote:
sort30030 wrote:

You are right. The story is the same but the questions are different. In the other thread I was asking about a girl.
But in this thread I was asking how to keep this new group of friends

Like everyone else has already said just give them your contact info(ie phone number) & call them up some time to ask if they're interested in meeting up with you when they've got a chance.

Sigh if only I could get that lucky myself,Heck I was thinking that the next time I go to Starbucks perhaps I could offer to buy someone a drink? Since I recieved quite a lot of money in the form of SB gift cards I could probably afford to do that.