How Well Do You Get On With Your Friends? With Past BFs/GFs?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

StonedMoonie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Nov 2011, 12:22 pm

I find I get along very well with my intensely selected friends, most of whom know one another. We're all basically nihilist/libertarians, are self-entertaining and self-assertive; we share a number of hobbies and interests and we participate in or talk to things around these. sometimes we'll just eat pizza and drink, and none of us are over-excitable on drugs or alcohol, so we tend to just watch stuff and talk.

My boyfriends are similar (though usually from outside this group), but I have been dating different guys since I started working as a special hostess; I've met several professional men who expressed interest in me without being uncouth.

I basically never have had fights with friends/bfs. Though we do annoy each other sometimes, it's just not a big deal to anyone and we forget it.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2011, 12:43 pm

I don't have friends, except for the rare dude who will text me for a few weeks and then turn into a jackass, after which time I cut off contact.

I also don't have contact with any former flames, for the same reasons we broke up- someone got increasingly-irritated by the other, he cheated, or there wasn't much compatibility to begin with.

to his Interest."

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2011, 2:50 pm

I'm friends with my ex. Now. He used to beat the crap out of me and cheat on me. He cheated on me with one of my best friends from school and I hated him for messing up mine and her relationship. The marriage lasted less than two years. I'm married again for close to 25 years and she is to him.

Then he went crazy on her.
We kept in contact after I got over it. I love her. She's odd too.

Well it seems that this past January he shot this guy and killed him in their house. It was a guy who was on parole who was inside with his brother and needed somebody to vouch for him when he got out, so they let him stay there. Apparantly he also got really fat - 300 plus lbs - and became a hoarder. His wife called me one night and I could barely understand her. SHe was on all kinds of meds. I got enough out of her for directions and I drove 2 hours to get to her. When I got there she didn't want to leave but I made her come with me. I got her hair cut, and some new clothes and fed her and all that.

She's back with her original high school boyfriend because he is out now. I went and stayed with them over the summer. He loves her so much, it's so great to see! He doesn't do what he used to anymore either. They were such nice people to stay with. They totally are fine with any wierdness, and she's an NT but makes me look normal on my scale of oddness from 1-10. She never thinks twice about wierdness, and that's a bad thing sometimes. She will overlook any illegal or just bad stuff because "Well, thats how his is, but just think about it for a minute, just think!"

I don't know where i was going with this, but take it as you will.

Frances

Burnbridge
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2011, 5:08 pm

Two of my exes are now among my closest friends.

I have two other close friends beyond that. By close friends, I mean we live in different towns now but talk on the phone maybe once a month or so. One's in CA right now, one's in MO, two are in MN.

The rest, and there's lots of them (I'm fairly friendly and have done projects with a ton of people), we don't keep in touch. But if we happen to be in the same town and run into each other, it's nice! We'll stop and chat just like we'd been hanging out all the time. Maybe we'll do a project together that week or something, to hang out. Then when I or they leave town, it's just "well, I guess we will probably run into each other again sometime, somewhere down the road." Then I forget about them until I run into them.

Only those four "close" friends ever pop into my head when they're not physically present. I like seeing those other few hundred people, but they just don't ever occur to me. Maybe that's more like a nice acquaintance than a friend, idk.

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2011, 5:45 pm

Well that varies, some friends I get along with fairly well and most others relationships are rather rocky. It really varies like most people. But I have significantly more problems with friends due to excessive paranoia.

As for past bfs, umm I only talk to one. Idk its rather subjective sometimes on who I consider a past bf. Aka guys I lagged onto that was more then just a friendship. I dont really know. It varies. One I kept in contact with a year after we broke up but then I got rid of him. The other, we just drifted apart. One Im still friends with, were not as close as before but still talk here and there.