Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ptown
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Mar 2009, 7:09 pm

not sure where to put this...
my apsie friend has been complaining for WEEKS about his old socks that are threadworn and stained...said his ankles were hurting because the socks were causing his shoes to chafe him, etc.
because his family is broke, they have no $ for extras so i bought him 6 brand new pairs of nice fluffy socks similar to the old worn out ones. next two times i see my friend, he's still wearing the crappy ones. should i ask him why he's not wearing the new ones? i don't want him to feel PRESSURED to wear the gifted socks. but he was so unhappy with the old scratchy ones. it seems so odd to me...unless the socks are too fluffy and thick for his shoes, i can't think of another reason he wouldn't have started wearing the new ones.
if i were him (i'm NT), i would have thrown all the old ones in the trash the minute i got home. what do you think?

Last edited by ptown on 14 Mar 2009, 9:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

LolaGranola
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Mar 2009, 7:44 pm

Could be a tactile thing, although since he was saying his old socks hurt, maybe not.
Or maybe he has trouble throwing away things.

ptown
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Mar 2009, 7:45 pm

hi lola-
i know he has trouble throwing away paper stuff...
but eventually he does...