Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Alla
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Mar 2009, 4:58 pm

Do you have it? If so, when does it happen to you? I mean, does it happen when you are,e.g., in love, scared, excited, etc.?

TheSpecialKid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Mar 2009, 5:08 pm

Alla wrote:
Do you have it? If so, when does it happen to you? I mean, does it happen when you are,e.g., in love, scared, excited, etc.?

Oh wait, lately I'v been having some pretty annoying eye-tics. I hope it goes away. Sometimes my hands also shake when I'm soldering.

Last edited by TheSpecialKid on 05 Mar 2009, 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

LintheQofkey
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Mar 2009, 2:59 pm

I've starting twitching somewhat recently. Generally it happens when I'm anxious or when i'm thinking about something uncomfortable. It especially happens when I think about screwing up in social situations, usually just one quick twitch at a time. Similar deal for you?

Aqueo
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Mar 2009, 3:37 pm

I only shake when I'm really angry, but I twitch all of the time when I'm uncomfortable. It's a sign my TA uses to know when to move people away from me. There is a kid in some of my lessons who is 'friendly' but that involves practicaly lying on top of me, and when I can't handle it anymore, I start twitching, and the TA will coem over and distract the kid so I can make a get-away XD

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2009, 3:35 am

I sometimes have spasms in my face, it just 'twitches' sometimes for no apparent reason, though it does tend to happen more often when I am nearby other people. My hands and legs tend to shake sometimes, too.

muffrudge
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Mar 2009, 3:56 pm

Don't think I twitch but sometimes adrenaline, anger or extreme anxiety make my hands shake slightly. I tend not to notice it until other people do though.

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2009, 12:28 am

my leg shakes when i'm anxious / bored.... More like, i make it move by contracting various muscles within.

I also have some spasms which affect the lower eyelid, but i think it's gone for now....

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2009, 6:48 pm

phil777 wrote:
my leg shakes when i'm anxious / bored.... More like, i make it move by contracting various muscles within.

I also have some spasms which affect the lower eyelid, but i think it's gone for now....

I get the same when I come to a complete stop in action, and can't think up anything new to do I become mad and my legs go off and it results in a ongoing shaking for about 5 sec and then it comes to a complete stop, followed bye some "after" shakes (because of the contracting muscles that need to take a breather).

the best solution if you get it at home is to put on something to watch. It's golden and your mind rests. Comedy series like "My Name is Earl" and "How I met your mother" are really good. I always have a movie or a episode to put on in case I feel a bit weak after coming back from shaky town.

Have chips ready by your side so you can crunch, because the brain slows down when eating. Fool it. When you feel fine throw away the chips/candy, don't eat to much of that double edged sword, developing some eating disorder. :roll:

:::)

azulene
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Mar 2009, 11:52 pm

I get "random" full body twitches now. I think its my central nervous system healing from a post traumatic stress disorder. I guess it looks like the "someone walked over my grave" type shivers from the outside, but from the inside it feels like I have been thumped by a pillow, or a hicup without the respiratory system being involved.

This happens any time of day, if I am tired or not, or in pretty much any state of mind. Some days are worse than others. The sensation / action is not unpleasant, although I do not really understand why it is happening.

Have got a "professional" EEG while the twitches were happening and the person running it claimed everything was OK. I have my own EEG that I occasionally mess around with and have found no clear signs of epilepsy.

Xelebes
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2009, 1:57 am

Ah yeah, grave-walking shivers. I have those on the occasion. I have these twitches, enough to get a tentative diagnosis of tourette's by my psychiatrist. The PTSD and social phobia don't help one bit.

http://xelebes.wordpress.com/
My Blog

Hala
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Mar 2009, 7:16 am

My legs shake if I'm around others for too long, it's really irritating. I get very tense in any type of social situations and I guess my muscles get a bit annoyed, heh. I also twitch but I think for me that's more effected by tiredness than anything else.

Kenjitsuka
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Apr 2009, 5:50 pm

Leg shaking, hand movements... But mostly making involuntary noises :oops:

nodice1996
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

02 Apr 2009, 10:26 pm

when nervous I wind up with my entire upper body shaking.

RoisinDubh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Apr 2009, 1:27 pm

I have several minor facial tics that are, these days, rarely noticed by others. They get considerably worse, though, when I'm angry or very stressed. I also shake something terrible when I get very angry, though I also shake slightly nearly all the time....nothing to do with Asperger's, though....I have tremors that run in my family.

My boyfriend, though, who's also an Aspie, shakes and tics whenever he's even slightly overstimulated. When he's really nervous, I liken him to a chihuahua, cos he's not just shaking, he's practically vibrating. It's adorable, but when it gets to the point where he's dropping money on the floor in shops, I feel rather bad for him.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2009, 1:38 pm

I have a few twitches, especially around people. When I had my college interview my hand started shaking like mad and I didn't even feel that nervous, I was quite happy with how it was going. strange that

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2009, 2:28 pm

If I'm feeling hyper, tense, or have been sitting still too long, I get this little convulsion, my head jerks violently from side to side and my hair stands up on end. I have absolutely no idea why. I've always had those though, since I was a little kid.