Totally lost, i really dont even know what to title this?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

NomadicAssassin
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Apr 2009, 5:42 pm

Not sure if this is the right forum or not, i apoligize if it isn't. Ok i'm a 15 year old, Male, and i am straight, but maybe im too straight? :huh: :huh: :huh: Even to me this is very confusing, but I really dislike males, teachers, peers, ect... Like every time i even walk by a guy, my adrenaline starts to pump, .... like im ready to jump off a cliff or something i dont understand? :?: :?: Even with my father, freinds ( even though i kind of stop trying to make freinds for this reason exactly ), it's like they pose a threat or something? I'm really starting to isolate my self, mainly because of this, I'm fine around girls, but not guys, and im a mud loving, really deep voiced guy ( i beleive the term is "hearty" idk). Yeah, so a reply, hopefully explaining why would be really nice? :roll: :?:

Albert Einstein

Tahitiii
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2009, 6:33 pm

I wonder if there's a connection. Something related to face-blindness and recognizing aggression.

http://news-service.stanford.edu/news/2 ... sky-a.html

Robert Sapolsky says that, "Baboons who cannot tell if a situation is a real threat have twice the stress-hormone levels of those who can discern hazards from histrionics."

He did a National Geographic special last fall about "Stress: Portrait of a Killer".
I read his "Why Zebras Don't Get Ulcers."
I think his "A Primate's Memoir" gets into it more. I've been meaning to read that.

(His main message: "Baboons live in big, complex social groups, and the population I went to study lived like kings... The baboons work maybe four hours a day to feed themselves; hardly anyone is likely to eat them. Basically, baboons have about a half dozen solid hours of sunlight a day to devote to being rotten to each other. Just like our society….We live well enough to have the luxury to get ourselves sick with purely social, psychological stress.")

Dentu
Raven
Raven

07 Apr 2009, 7:03 pm

That's an interesting article. It's a good reminder to stop and enjoy the simple comforts in life every now and then. Most of us actually have it pretty good.

I myself used to have problems communicating with other boys when I was much younger. I found it easier to talk to the more emotional and chatty girls than the often disgusting and brutish boys my age. Then puberty started to hit and I couldn't stand being around girls too long, since I've always been good at sensing tension and the sudden onset of sexual tension was something I didn't want to deal with. So I started hanging around guys more and got used to their quirks because I was more afraid of hanging around girls.

Turns out there really wasn't anything to be afraid of in the first place. Men and women are mostly only different due to the social climate, and when you get right down to it we all have the same basic needs and functions. Hating men just because they're men is a sexist viewpoint. Try thinking of them like people first.