Did you ever become friends with your bullies?

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

27 Dec 2008, 12:55 am

I became friends with one of my former online bullies. He was the one I talked about in the other thread about bullies.

I have an distant friend on myspace who went to my school when I was 10-12 and we were friends but she was mean to me a few times when I was in 5th grade. We drifted apart in 6th grade when school started. She has no memory of her mean ness because she didn't remember when she last saw me. She guessed 4th grade. I'm amazed peoples memories can be that bad. 8O No wonder people say I have a good memory.

When I was in third grade, there was this girl who kept saying "Beth germs" and didn't want to get near me or want to touch me then one day she started to be nice to me and we became friends.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2008, 12:58 am

Alot of times, the bullies started out as my friends till they realised how lame I was and then started bullying me.

animal
Toucan
Toucan

27 Dec 2008, 2:27 am

^Same here. The bullies were my friends, then for some reason they started to bully me. Fun times.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2008, 6:24 am

animal wrote:
^Same here. The bullies were my friends, then for some reason they started to bully me. Fun times.

Me too.

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2008, 6:38 am

Not per se, but years later we made our peace. Two things had happened: He grew up, and roles switched places. When he encountered me as an adult I was a far larger person and Alpha male over him.

My understanding even as a teen was that his parents had died in an accident, so I cut him a lot of slack for his cruelties.

Nowdays when I encounter him he is a perfect gentleman.

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2008, 6:42 am

Not often, but in first grade there was a boy called James something who was always stealing my hair-clips. But then something was done about it, I forget what, and he was my friend. So life was good (for a while).

y es como un semestre"

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2008, 3:03 pm

Mine continuously hate me even when I do not see them in... let me count... 7 years.So I doubt that I'll ever be friends with any of them. They just won't like me.

One girl who hated me in elementary school and whom I met again in sixth form welcomed me with the words

'oh, it's you... hello. do you still live at XY.' and then walked away before I had finished my answer.

Then she spread the hate (mainly, Sora's ret*d and nuts) and bullied me (again).

Most bullies so far claimed that I am so odd and horrible for being 'unusual, non-human, scary' (translate that to autistic and misunderstood) that they seem to remember me well for years and harbour their hate as long.

I never grew uninterested for these bullies too and I am not sure whether I will one day. Because I didn't stop being autistic/being obviously different.

I was friends with some who then became my bullies though. Those especially hated me with passion later, because other people told them to stop being friends with me because it would give them a bad image.

Aalto
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Dec 2008, 9:50 pm

No. I always wanted to just befriend them, but they wouldn't reciprocate it whatsoever.

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2008, 10:23 pm

I think it was Ben Franklin that had an illustrative story. He needed the support of someone that didnt like him.

So instead of begging the guy, he actually asked him a favour "Lend me that book on...."

It was an innocuous request, but in order to say yes, the enemy had to revise his view of Franklin. He said yes, Franklin took the book, read it and returned it.

Later on, when the support was needed, his opinion of Franklin was much more positive and he was affirmative in his support.

mikebw
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2008, 11:17 pm

Sort of, once. I wouldn't say we became friends, we didn't talk or hang out and weren't buddy buddy, but we came to a mutual respect.

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur3140151/ratings = My Movie Vote History

Maditude
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2008, 9:57 am

I became friends with someone who bullied me. Weird how that happened.

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2008, 10:23 am

One of those people sat down beside me on a bus, and started a friendly conversation with me and I just tried to bite my tongue and not kill the kid. That guy was the worst "bully" (I hate that word so much, as it codemns play and makes harrassment seem okay) I have had. I just sorta responded with generic responses, trying not to show my deep hatred for everything he has done.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2008, 11:08 am

Spokane_Girl wrote:
Did you ever become friends with your bullies?

No. I waited for them to die, and then defiled their names and/or gravesites.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2008, 11:20 am

I'm quite good friends with some guy X who was a friend of a guy Y who pestered me early in my secondary school days, and he kind of played along too. I eventually reported him along with everyone who ever played along to the head of my year, and I heard from a friend of mine that X broke down during the subsequent interrogation. After getting to know him much later, X eventually mentioned that occasion and I told him not to worry about it. I'm not exactly friends with Y but we get on much better than we used to.

In general, by the end of secondary school I at least got on with nearly all or perhaps even all of the guys in my year. I cannot say this, however, for many of the girls in my year. A few of them were quite wary of me for some reason.

PrisonerSix
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2008, 12:45 pm

There was a guy once I thought I had a shot at being friends with because we seemed to get along. However, he was an athlete and another student athlete led a bullying campaign against me. Since I wasn't an athlete, he joined in. Others joined in too, since in most schools, athletes are treated like gods.

I could never be friends with any of my tormentors, ever.

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2008, 4:24 pm

poopylungstuffing wrote:
Alot of times, the bullies started out as my friends till they realised how lame I was and then started bullying me.
*nods*
That happened to me so many times, I don't want to count it...