Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

SmallFruitSong
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Oct 2010, 7:00 am

Just curious if there's anyone else with that combination on the boards.

Officially I have the schizoaffective label, but unofficially my psychologist views me as an Aspie and is trying to get my psychiatrist to take more interest in giving me that label.

I currently have the schizoaffective symptoms taken care of with my current medication combo, but the Aspie side is still a bit problematic and still glaringly there. I'm especially finding interpersonal issues a bit hard at the moment.

Kiss me to the core."

Think you're ASD? Get thee to a professional!

alex
Developer
Developer

03 Oct 2010, 11:12 am

Wrong Planet is expanding to include people with Bipolar and Schizophrenia. Please let everyone know!

FireBird
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 1:15 pm

I have schizoaffective and autism (classic). Both of the disorders symptoms increase when I am under stress. That is considered normal.

Stonecold
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 6:45 pm

alex wrote:
Wrong Planet is expanding to include people with Bipolar and Schizophrenia. Please let everyone know!

I really don't want Wrong Planet to become "The online resource and community for anyone with any neurological disorders whatsoever".

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 6:54 pm

Well, I'm glad in a way that Wrongplanet is helping folks with bipolar and schizo type issues, because, as well as being on the autistic spectrum I'm schizoaffective bipolar. But there is a case to be made that Wrongplanet is a haven for autistic and aspie people, and I wouldn't want it to get spread too thin.

On the other hand, I've been very surprised to learn that quite a lot of folks on the autistic spectrum seem to have other issues too.

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 12:11 am

Aspies are commonly misdiagnosed with SPD or Schizophrenia.

SmallFruitSong
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Oct 2010, 6:46 am

I feel a bit less lonely now, seeing that there's a few of us around.

I guess one of the issues as to why my pdoc hasn't been interested in exploring Asperger's with me is that I think he wonders whether or not my interpersonal issues are being caused by the SZA instead. I can see why he would think that, but IMO my interpersonal issues predate my SZA symptoms. I was having interpersonal issues as a child, long before I had any SZA symptoms.

:roll:

PS: Not to be a b***h but personally I'm more interested in seeing who else has both labels. I'm not interested in seeing this thread turned into an Aspie being mistaken as SZ/SZA thread [there's other threads for that] or whether WP is taking the right approach with opening this forum.

Kiss me to the core."

Think you're ASD? Get thee to a professional!