Page 8 of 8 [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

ghotistix
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2005, 1:49 pm

Kitsune wrote:
No, I asked for a ban on HIM if he decided to insult me underhandedly. He has blatantly insulted me and spouted out a bunch of bullcrap

Your "only way to live" signature is pretty insulting to me and a lot of other people who read this forum. Are you telling me you think you're the only one entitled to sling insults?

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2005, 2:47 pm

Kitsune wrote:
I am requesting diciplinary action be taken against TAFKASH due to repeated insults after a warning not to continue. While I recognize he is a contributing member to this board I will not allow someone to continuously insult me while claiming to be on the up and up. If administrative action can not be taken, then, as I reserve the copyright to all my posts I ask that every post I have made be deleted and my account removed from wrongplanet.net.

This is just like shelling peas....... :lol: "Game set and match!! ! New balls please" :lol: :lol: :lol: Bugger me, but I'm good..... :wink:

Kitsune wrote:
....until you can bring book titles, links to top level domains and reputable sources, or other forms of proof before you post here again.

Here you go then pal: http:\\www.google.com - You have go have yourself a good time, now you hear? :wink: All together now: "let's all play the link game"......

You know, on reflection I feel kinda guilty...... I just don't know my own awesome intellectual and comedic strength, unmatchable perspicacity and the incredible power of my vast knowledge sometimes..... I do pity my poor foes, really I do..... :wink:

CatGuy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Apr 2005, 4:11 pm

Jesus was a liberal jew.

ed
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2005, 5:22 pm

Kitsune wrote:
Quote:
Kinda missed that part, didn't you? Go ahead... click on it.

It never specifically said bush, it said not to vote for a pro-abortion candidate.

That is a ridiculous response, since everybody knows Bush is anti-abortion and Kerry is (pro-abortion) pro-choice. This was a clear message to not vote for Kerry or be refused holy communion. As many states as were close, this was certainly enough to swing the election. That means that the man you call "Holy Father" in fact committed an act of war against the United States. I spit on him!

Those of you who voted for Kerry and are Roman Catholic, take a look at what your Pope has done; "His Holiness" obviously thinks that starting an illegal war and slaughtering tens of thousands of Iraqui citizens is nowhere near as bad as someone who thinks that a woman should be allowed to choose for herself whether to terminate her pregnancy.

Kitsune
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Apr 2005, 8:39 pm

Quote:
Your "only way to live" signature is pretty insulting to me and a lot of other people who read this forum. Are you telling me you think you're the only one entitled to sling insults?

First off, it is not specifically targeting any single person on these forums, he has.

Quote:
This is just like shelling peas....... "Game set and match!! ! New balls please" Bugger me, but I'm good.....

Whatever.

Quote:
Here you go then pal: http:\\www.google.com - You have go have yourself a good time, now you hear? All together now: "let's all play the link game"......

Why should I dig for proofs you're supposed to be bringing to this debate? Are you hiding something?

Quote:
You know, on reflection I feel kinda guilty...... I just don't know my own awesome intellectual and comedic strength, unmatchable perspicacity and the incredible power of my vast knowledge sometimes..... I do pity my poor foes, really I do.....

Howso is your knowledge vast, a child can spout fabrications. You have brought no proof to the table, you have only shouted out foolishly.

Unfortunately your superiour intellect only shows an air of self confidence and egotism only matched by the proportional lack of 'bite' to your loud and annoying blathering.

If you would like to throw a grammar and vocabulary party, by all means feel free to do so. Somewhere else.

Quote:
Jesus was a liberal jew.

You haven't read the bible, you haven't read any historical documents. He basically said that judaism was corrupt.

Quote:
That is a ridiculous response, since everybody knows Bush is anti-abortion and Kerry is (pro-abortion) pro-choice. This was a clear message to not vote for Kerry or be refused holy communion. As many states as were close, this was certainly enough to swing the election. That means that the man you call "Holy Father" in fact committed an act of war against the United States. I spit on him!

Ed, do NOT post here again until you read my previous posts regarding the pope. I'll repeat it one more time just so you get it. A COMMON PROTESTANT BELIEF, ONE THAT I FALL INTO, IS THAT THE POPE IS THE ANTICHRIST.

Quote:
Those of you who voted for Kerry and are Roman Catholic, take a look at what your Pope has done; "His Holiness" obviously thinks that starting an illegal war and slaughtering tens of thousands of Iraqui citizens is nowhere near as bad as someone who thinks that a woman should be allowed to choose for herself whether to terminate her pregnancy.

Psh, quite frankly it's people like you that slow down people trying to do good things. If bush acted truthfully on false information, well, he would be just like TAFKASH, now wouldn't he?

Now, I want you to obtain a copy of windows 98 SE and install it on a leading edge computer. You will find that it is not perfect and is prone to error.

After doing this I want you to obtain an adult human of either gender and have him write a program. You will find he or she is not perfect and is prone to error.

Kitsune
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Apr 2005, 8:44 pm

Upon rereading your replies, all of you that have actively engaged in this debate, I have found that you are either ignoring my posts or simply skimming over them.

Please either completely read the posts in this forum before making a reply, or don't post at all. Tafkash, this means you.

Once more, I will state, in any nationwide, worldwide, or otherwise large scale debate, sources of information are required so the other party can validate or invalidate that information. If you do not provide a source considered reliable, then your information is as good as dead.

This does not apply to logical analysis (I.E. if 2+2=4 then 2+3=5).

Otherwise, don't post your info until you can back it, and don't get angry at me when I blatantly ignore your posts if you don't have some sort of glossary or reference.

^^ Have a nice night.

ghotistix
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2005, 9:10 pm

Kitsune wrote:
Quote:

First off, it is not specifically targeting any single person on these forums, he has.

I don't get your reasoning. How is targeting one person in one topic offensive while targeting 63% of the community all over the site is perfectly fine?

Kitsune
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Apr 2005, 9:41 pm

This is exactly the type of persecution predicted in the bible. =D

Quote:
I don't get your reasoning. How is targeting one person in one topic offensive while targeting 63% of the community all over the site is perfectly fine?

If you'd like to be a pack mule about it, fine, I'll explain it to you.

If I were to make a statement about, oh, mcdonalds quarter pounders being the best tasting burger in the world, would it be deemed offensive?

Now, if I walked up to someone and said "Wow, you look like you've had a few too many of the best burgers in the world" would it be deemed offensive?

The first one is a harmless comment, as is my signature.

The second one is a blatant insult, as is his previous post.

If you have such a gargantuan problem with it, I can remove it and post "This is what ghotistix wanted my signature to be because he found my previous signature offensive" or you can step up to the responsibility you accepted when you became an administrator and deal with a problem, otherwise I request that you, and you PERSONALLY remove EVERY LAST POST made by this account, don't have anyone else do it for you, you can go in and do it yourself.

Of course, it's completely your choice as I'm saving this entire debate in .html docs and have a few groups of people with disabilities that are for religion take a quick gander at them, but I'm sure you don't want to look like the bad guy in this.

ElfMan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2005, 1:33 am

I am glad that I actually know some nice christians who believe in living by example rather than ramming their beleif into people with agression.

You are the most rudest christian I have known ever.

My Pastor at my old church was a great debater. Him and I used to have some very INTERESTING debates on the bible. (this thread is far from interesting!)

You are talking to us like we have not had the same input and influence that you have. You feel it necassary to bombard us with information that you yourself cannot articulate. (if you can, then best you do). I have had the Christian infuences through my whole life and still continue to do so. My brother in law is a Lutheran Pastor also. So I beleive that I have more knowledge than you do on this matter.

I do not find it wrong that I question faiths instead of picking to follow blindly. You are giving me the impression that my choice to question is wrong. I am offended by this.

Do you even know what Jesus Title was? Who Joseph his father was? I doubt it from you postings.

If you do have all the answers about christianity, I suggest you go and find some old scholors. They have been trying to figure it out for years.

If you don't have all they answers then I don't think that you have anything to say that I have not heared before that would influence a conversion. But I will be told to leave this thread again I guess now I have said that.

As for you thinking you are a teacher. Learn your own material.

You accuse others of being offensive constantly, yet you do not recognize how offensive you are.

Quote:
A COMMON PROTESTANT BELIEF, ONE THAT I FALL INTO, IS THAT THE POPE IS THE ANTICHRIST.

Speak for yourself ONLY. I am offended by this!! ! You are stating this on behalf of a lot of protestants I know who DO NOT think this way.

I would like to quote all your other offensive statements too, but you will only offensively deny it.

I think you should be treated as a troll would be.

Elfman's daily 'poor me' message, brought to you by "It's All About Me" free to air frequency.
Thankyou for you subscription!

ElfMan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2005, 1:34 am

triple post sorry

Elfman's daily 'poor me' message, brought to you by "It's All About Me" free to air frequency.
Thankyou for you subscription!

Last edited by ElfMan on 27 Apr 2005, 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2005, 2:59 am

kitsune, where do you get off on telling people what they can and can't do here? if you don't like being shot at, don't stick your head above the parapet. if people aren't contravening the rules, they can post what they like.

and everyone is allowed an opinion, without having to back it up with internet references (half of which are unreliable, anyway).

by the way: if you wish to convince people of your argument, it's generally better to "go to where they are" and listen, rather than shouting at them that they have to come to you (agree with you). OR by threatening them with nepotism, whatever your relationship with a site admin. neither strategy is convincing: in fact, they are counterproductive. what IS your intent? do you want people to understand your spiritual beliefs, or to convert them, or to get them to understand the "error of their ways" (according to your beliefs)?

it might be worth cogitating on two points: firstly, christ spent most of his time with members of marginalised groups in society, as i remember. and secondly, the meaning of the words "christian" (= christlike) and "catholic" (lower case "c")?

your beliefs are valid for you (and many others), kitsune. but think about the image you are presenting as a representative of those beliefs. this dialectic isn't even a proper debate: it doesn't stimulate me to think about the points you raise. it is merely various rants cobbled together. and it's not even stimulating in the "whoa! how DARE he say that - i HAVE to challenge that!" it's just tiresome.

ed
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2005, 4:56 am

Kitsune wrote:
Quote:

Ed, do NOT post here again until you read my previous posts regarding the pope. I'll repeat it one more time just so you get it. A COMMON PROTESTANT BELIEF, ONE THAT I FALL INTO, IS THAT THE POPE IS THE ANTICHRIST.

Then why did you quarrel with my original post on the pope? It was in response to a comment by the chadmaster, and wasn't directed at you at all! (oh, the pope isn't the antichrist, bush is.)

Kitsune wrote:
Psh, quite frankly it's people like you that slow down people trying to do good things. If bush acted truthfully on false information, well, he would be just like TAFKASH, now wouldn't he?

Bush ordered the false information, to help him persuade the American people (and the rest of the world) to let him invade Iraq. This Fascist should spend the rest of his life in prison. I'm doing my part to see that it happens.

Oh, by the way, don't tell me not to post here.

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2005, 6:37 am

Sorry guys - it being mid-week I don't have time for another comprehensive, in depth slap-down session unfortunately - I'll put something together this weekend if I get the chance (might not though - I'm rehearsing my show all day Sunday and faffing about most of Saturday).

A couple of quick points though:

(i) Kitsune, me old china, I'd rather eat my own liver than read through all your garbage links and half-baked, dogmatic sniping..... Frankly, life's too short. Make your arguments in concise, reasoned points like the rest of us or go jump under a metaphorical fast moving, large object...... "read all my posts" indeed :roll: - do get in touch with the planet reality at some point, won't you..... Who knows, you might even like it there once you try it......

(ii) No matter what literary link-based gymnastics you try to pull off, all your arguments simply boil down to "this is what I believe". Well, you know what? I believe differently..... I don't believe anything in the Bible is divinely-inspired - you believe they are.... You have no proof apart from your own belief, and all the quotation of pre-packaged Christian nutter dogma in the world can't disguise how utterly vacuous and untenable your pretence of having an argument based on firmer foundations is..... My beliefs are all just as firm and unshakeable as yours - the only difference being that I'm right and you are manifestly wrong...... See: I too can do it "dogma-style" :wink:

(iii) I'm glad you agree how easily mouldable to whatever ethical shape you might fancy the Bible is, by the way. See, reasonableness isn't completely beyond your compass now, is it? :wink: You state that you just have to read and interpret it right to get around this misuse.... Obvious problem is - who decides what is "interpretation" and what is "misinterpretation", then? You? Me? Saddam Hussein? Who exactly?

(iv) Fact is, I've heard all your arguments before, presented by much superior minds to yours, and I've discounted and defeated them all already. There is nothing new you are bringing to the table here - frankly, you're outgunned and out of your depth, matey, as amply demonstrated by your amusing tell-tale shrieking and rattle throwing post-crushing defeat...... Made me laugh, I can tell you! :lol:

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2005, 10:20 am

TAFKASH wrote:
See: I too can do it "dogma-style" :wink:

Dogma... sigh... alanis morrissette as God... splendid.

Kitsune
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Apr 2005, 2:05 pm

Quote:
I am glad that I actually know some nice christians who believe in living by example rather than ramming their beleif into people with agression.

This is a debate.

Quote:
You are the most rudest christian I have known ever.

Only in response to threats and sarcasm. You may have missed it in the previous posts.

Quote:
My Pastor at my old church was a great debater. Him and I used to have some very INTERESTING debates on the bible. (this thread is far from interesting!)

Cool, I'm receiving a load of bull coming from the national inquirer and other completely unfounded places.

Quote:
You are talking to us like we have not had the same input and influence that you have. You feel it necassary to bombard us with information that you yourself cannot articulate. (if you can, then best you do). I have had the Christian infuences through my whole life and still continue to do so. My brother in law is a Lutheran Pastor also. So I beleive that I have more knowledge than you do on this matter.

I will *ALWAYS* pull in outside information so that you know I'm not just blowing sunshine up your tail end.

Quote:
I do not find it wrong that I question faiths instead of picking to follow blindly. You are giving me the impression that my choice to question is wrong. I am offended by this.

Yes! Excellent! If you are questioning your faith you are still searching for the truth! If I gave you that impression-I'm sorry.

Quote:
Do you even know what Jesus Title was? Who Joseph his father was? I doubt it from you postings.

*Chuckles.* Teacher, son of man, messiah, many titles. I forget who Joseph was, though I believe I read that Jesus followed his father in carpentry, of course, I could be way off.

Quote:
If you do have all the answers about christianity, I suggest you go and find some old scholors. They have been trying to figure it out for years.

If I did, I wouldn't be debating and looking for flaws. Of course, all that I've been presented with is unfounded bullcrap that I can find responses to on sites ten times more articulate then livingwaters.com's witnessingtool.

Quote:
If you don't have all they answers then I don't think that you have anything to say that I have not heared before that would influence a conversion. But I will be told to leave this thread again I guess now I have said that.

I guess you're wrong about that, I have a lot to say.

Quote:
As for you thinking you are a teacher. Learn your own material.

I think I know enough, though not everything. Once more, a debate is more of a civilized battle then everything else. In a good debate you *SHOULD* learn something new.

Quote:
Speak for yourself ONLY. I am offended by this!! ! You are stating this on behalf of a lot of protestants I know who DO NOT think this way.

That's why I said it was common, and not absolute. I have a higher suspicion that the pope would be the antichrist then any other living being, save bennie henn.

On lighter note about the pope, you should read this thread.

http://www.wolvenmoon.com/modules.php?n ... topic&t=18

Quote:
I would like to quote all your other offensive statements too, but you will only offensively deny it.

I think you should be treated as a troll would be.

Am I blatantly insulting you, or am I bringing views to the table that aren't exactly the fluffiest and nicest views around?

Watch yourself, that last statement was pretty rude. =\

Quote:
kitsune, where do you get off on telling people what they can and can't do here? if you don't like being shot at, don't stick your head above the parapet. if people aren't contravening the rules, they can post what they like.

He was underhandedly insulting me, if I was to do that to him I would be banned. Yes, it WAS against the rules of this forum. Re-read them.

Quote:
and everyone is allowed an opinion, without having to back it up with internet references (half of which are unreliable, anyway).

Good, don't present your opinion as fact without backing it up with other people thinking the same way you do.

Quote:
by the way: if you wish to convince people of your argument, it's generally better to "go to where they are" and listen, rather than shouting at them that they have to come to you (agree with you). OR by threatening them with nepotism, whatever your relationship with a site admin. neither strategy is convincing: in fact, they are counterproductive. what IS your intent? do you want people to understand your spiritual beliefs, or to convert them, or to get them to understand the "error of their ways" (according to your beliefs)?

My main reason for starting this originally was to point out that bush was acting in the most civil way possible. Yes, I will bring up my relationship with a site admin when someone is saying that they will be underhandedly insulting me. Because I have taken a lot of classes on social behavior I have learned a bit more about people, it may be that or it may be everyone's blatantly ignoring it, but he has decided to attack and flame me.

If you can't take critisism of your belief, don't post here. This isn't a nicey nice thread, as you can see, but it isn't a flame war either. If anyone wants a flame war they can get C&C renegade and participate in a flame tank rush.

Quote:
it might be worth cogitating on two points: firstly, christ spent most of his time with members of marginalised groups in society, as i remember. and secondly, the meaning of the words "christian" (= christlike) and "catholic" (lower case "c")?

christian means 'follower in Christ'. catholic originally meant universal or all encompassing.

Quote:
your beliefs are valid for you (and many others), kitsune. but think about the image you are presenting as a representative of those beliefs. this dialectic isn't even a proper debate: it doesn't stimulate me to think about the points you raise. it is merely various rants cobbled together. and it's not even stimulating in the "whoa! how DARE he say that - i HAVE to challenge that!" it's just tiresome.

=) If you don't like it, I'm not making you read it. And my posts really aren't that long, I use a lot of quotes so that people can control+f to the response specific to their post.

Quote:
Then why did you quarrel with my original post on the pope? It was in response to a comment by the chadmaster, and wasn't directed at you at all! (oh, the pope isn't the antichrist, bush is.)

Sorry bub, the president is the most powerful person in the world thus he is one of the most hated. If you can't believe he acted with the best intentions and on the best intelligence he could, then think of it this way;

Regardless of what he did to try and hide it, if he had commited illegal activities he would have been impeached already. Or it would be more widely known.

There was an obvious forgery in military documents saying that bush did a bunch of bullcrud, the flaws found in the forgery were;

Words not abbreviated in military documents were abbreviated. The opposite was also true.

The affects on the paper were blatantly microsoft word's work.

Quote:
Bush ordered the false information, to help him persuade the American people (and the rest of the world) to let him invade Iraq. This Fascist should spend the rest of his life in prison. I'm doing my part to see that it happens.

Where are you hearing this? If this is true then post it up so that more people may be enlightened of Bush's horrific crimes against humanity!

The ends don't justify the means, I think he should have just said "Enough is enough, Iraqi citizens are suffering too much to leave this issue alone, let's kick some ass."

There was considerable evidence out that the Iraqi's were hiding something. I can't remember what country it was, I think near Iraq's northwestern border, but there were satalite images taken of convoys of trucks leaving Iraq before war was officially declared.

Quote:
Oh, by the way, don't tell me not to post here.

By tafkash's posts there aren't any rules enforced on this forum, so I can tell you what I want?

Back it up, show where you're getting this information or it looks like you're just some psycho throwing random sentences out there.

Quote:
Sorry guys - it being mid-week I don't have time for another comprehensive, in depth slap-down session unfortunately - I'll put something together this weekend if I get the chance (might not though - I'm rehearsing my show all day Sunday and faffing about most of Saturday).

If you decide to get nasty again, I won't respond.

Quote:
(i) Kitsune, me old china, I'd rather eat my own liver than read through all your garbage links and half-baked, dogmatic sniping..... Frankly, life's too short. Make your arguments in concise, reasoned points like the rest of us or go jump under a metaphorical fast moving, large object...... "read all my posts" indeed - do get in touch with the planet reality at some point, won't you..... Who knows, you might even like it there once you try it......

Heh heh heh, wow, this topic should be closed now. I've posted up the answers to your previous 'smack down' already.

If I have to get out MS-word and some severly long articles and post them IN my actual post, I will. If you notice how my posts are typically responses to quotes (ctrl+f people!) and are proportional to the posts I receive, most of the time.

Okay, for all the people who didn't see it, he told me to go jump in front of a car, a truck, a train, a jet taking off, or something harmful. Thus I am replying:

Bite my furry foxen ass.

Quote:
(ii) No matter what literary link-based gymnastics you try to pull off, all your arguments simply boil down to "this is what I believe". Well, you know what? I believe differently..... I don't believe anything in the Bible is divinely-inspired - you believe they are.... You have no proof apart from your own belief, and all the quotation of pre-packaged Christian nutter dogma in the world can't disguise how utterly vacuous and untenable your pretence of having an argument based on firmer foundations is..... My beliefs are all just as firm and unshakeable as yours - the only difference being that I'm right and you are manifestly wrong...... See: I too can do it "dogma-style"

You have no historical documents supporting your view...
A book thousands of years old predicts your willful ignorance...
Your elipses...are quite...annoying...
You're not bringing in any outside sources supporting your view.
You're only stating random things.

I've been using livingwater's witnessingtool because most of the time it is a short, to the point writing. If you'd like me to pull out entire essays I can but I think that would be too much.

Quote:
iii) I'm glad you agree how easily mouldable to whatever ethical shape you might fancy the Bible is, by the way. See, reasonableness isn't completely beyond your compass now, is it? You state that you just have to read and interpret it right to get around this misuse.... Obvious problem is - who decides what is "interpretation" and what is "misinterpretation", then? You? Me? Saddam Hussein? Who exactly?

Let's take what was a common misinterpretation (though not always deliberate, from person to person)

"Spare the rod, spoil the child." Most of us will have heard it from our parents. Some people took it to mean "Beat your child senseless and he'll be a good functioning member of society."

Here are three other interpretations, all of which are accepted today, from 'softest' to 'hardest'

1.If you don't dicipline your child, he will grow up to be a brat.
2.If you don't punish your child physically when he does wrong, he will grow up to be a brat.
3.If you don't use a stick to swat your child when he does wrong, he will grow up to be a brat.

All of which can be taken for true. The thing is, the misinterpretation is contradicted elsewhere in the bible, unless you're going to misinterpret the entire thing, you will find contradictions if you're not 'reading it right'.

Quote:
Fact is, I've heard all your arguments before, presented by much superior minds to yours, and I've discounted and defeated them all already. There is nothing new you are bringing to the table here - frankly, you're outgunned and out of your depth, matey, as amply demonstrated by your amusing tell-tale shrieking and rattle throwing post-crushing defeat...... Made me laugh, I can tell you!

Defeat? Outgunned? All I see is someone assured of his own made up information, and when he is told to go read up on previous posts, he ignores the request. You have done nothing but throw rocks at a wall, my friend.

Think of it as a siege of castles, one person can't hoist the battering ram, and a soldier fighting can't command the troops. Bring in people more intelligent then you to support your views.

Where do you get the idea that I'm an 'inferior mind'? If we're judging intelligence based on accomplishments, I have sixteen computers in my room totalling in over 10,000 dollars worth of equipment, I've bartered it down to pay only about a fourth of that price.

Test scores? Last MPAT I took I scored post high school in every catagory except math. That means I was in the 95th percentile. In math I hit above the 75th percentile.

Typing styles? If I got a grammar teacher to give us a 'grade' on our posts we would find that I am using more complex sentence structures, and have half the grammatical flaws that you do. If I break out microsoft word, it'll go to a tenth.

Are you done with the 'sneaky 1337 insultz' or do we need to go rounds?

alex
Developer
Developer

27 Apr 2005, 3:49 pm

Things have become a bit too heated in this topic, so I've decided to lock it for the time being. Much of the dialogue from both sides of the argument has been reduced to unproductive bickering and derogatory comments. I don't think that either side is going to get anywhere in convincing the other of its viewpoint. It's about time to let this horse die, folks.