Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2007, 2:16 pm

WoW thanks for all the info! rant all ya like :)

i also had RA when i was young. once of my earliest memories is getting dressed up for halloween as a witch but not being able to walk for trick or treating.... my neighbor went for me and got all my candy (people in my neighborhood knew me)

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

krex
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2007, 7:31 pm

Thanks for sharing all the info about thyroid Ticker.It's also an interest for me and odd how little info DRs and Dentist have about Fluoride.I have had a lot of tooth decay,sinc childhood and had several fluoride treatments when growing up.(There was so much fluoride in the Missouri water supply that my brother has discolored teeth.

My dentist had me taking fluoride treatments ,(that they usually only give to children)and a high fluoride toothpaste,by perscription only.I began having a lot of thyroid problems but he and the DR claimed that there was no correlation(actually admitted they had never heard of a connection!! !!).The problem with my teeth is that I am addicted to cough drops and have several in my mouth at all times.I cant seem to stop.I like them because they kill any bad taste in my mouth and throat but also have dry throat from Effexor.

I have a family history of Endo,Fybromialgia,type 2 Diabetis(most of my family are about 100pds over weight,I am the only "thin" one)but no one else seems to have low thyroid?All sisters and parents have long history of alcohol dependence and depression.Mom and 1 sister are shut-ins and maybe AS.I cant help but think there are some connections between many of these things.

I was a tomboy when growing up and have always felt more male then female....I would love to have my hormones tested but so many insurence companies wont OK this kind of testing without a "good reason".Maybe the fibroids are a good enough reason?

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

Dawnmc71
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Mar 2007, 3:17 am

Hiya, I have PCOS, have had "diagnosed" for 9 years, and have gone on to have 2 healthy kids. SO anything you need to know, just ask - been there and got the t-shirt!

It is not particularly anything to worry about, and generally does not cause pain, it is just a pain, if you get my drift. Since I had my second child things seem to have settled down somewhat, I am actually having a "regular" period - ie one every 6 weeks or so!!

Good luck, but don´t let it worry you too much, if you want children it is very possible, I am living proof of that xx

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2007, 1:35 pm

hi thanks...

not sure if i have it yet. my yearly exam came back normal this year but they haven't told me my lab results yet for my blood/hormonal work (it's springbreak here)...

i just know that i have daily random sharp pains and painful periods.

they keep trying to reopen my xfiles cause it's very painful to have my exams done (and i do know not to come in close to when my period starts)...

i halfway think they're looking into PCOS for me cause i didn't shave my legs before my last visit (hey, im single and live in a hippie town)... and i have hairy hairy legs... cause she started talking about how it causes extra manly hair growth... i was kinda offended lol... i dont have facial hair or anything--just spidey hairy legs :(

i'll post some more after i schedule my next visit and see my blood test results

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl