Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Feste-Fenris
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2005, 6:17 pm

If Saddam Hussein and John Kerry both lost battles of wits to George W. Bush; does that logically prove that they are even stupider than him?

How do you lose an election to a man who thinks Dante Aligheri is a type of coffee?

How do you lose a battle of wits to a man who cannot pronounce the word "Machiavellian" let alone act like one?

The fact is that both Saddam Hussein, Al Gore and John Kerry all lost to someone who; if not for the fact that his family is disgustingly rich; would be a dyslexia spokesman...

Does it not follow that Saddam, Mullah Mohammed Omar, Al Gore and John Kerry are even worse at their jobs than President Bush?

No matter how incompetent Bush is... if he was as incompetent as liberals think he is... he would be dead by now...

midge
Toucan
Toucan

24 Jun 2005, 7:07 pm

That is interesting, but I suspect that Bush's apparent stupidity is at least in part an act and that his incompetence is due more to his bullheadedness than anything. Plus, he's got highly intelligent people, such as Karl Rove, doing a great deal of behind the scenes work for him. Bush may not be able to act like a Machiavellian, but Karl Rove is one, and I think that he sees Bush as having a very important role in terms of the image he presents to the American people-the good ol' boy, the man of the people. As long as he does that, people are less likely to become suspicious of the administration, and more likely to support it, despite the bad things it may do-which, I believe, is one of the basic tenets of Machiavellianism (my apologies if that is incorrect). I don't think a lot of people realize just how intelligent-or how dangerous-this administration really is.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2005, 8:05 pm

I personally don't think so. If Saddam Hussein agrees with George W. Bush, he is most likely a Republican. John Kerry is a Democrat.

pyraxis
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2005, 10:11 pm

Feste-Fenris wrote:
If Saddam Hussein and John Kerry both lost battles of wits to George W. Bush; does that logically prove that they are even stupider than him?

I find it ironic that an aspie would equate social/verbal skills with intelligence.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2005, 9:03 am

How could they not?

BeeBee
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2005, 11:54 am

Quote:
The fact is that both Saddam Hussein, Al Gore and John Kerry all lost to someone who; if not for the fact that his family is disgustingly rich; would be a dyslexia spokesman...

Well. probably not dyslexia but some learning disability perhap. Of course having a learning disability has nothing to do with diminised intelligence...Which is not to say that I think Mr. Bush is a particularly bright bulb on the Christmas tree...

BeeBee

tomcat_ha
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Jun 2005, 12:19 pm

A man may be stupid but if he has good people who support him they can get far.

pyraxis
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2005, 1:18 am

larsenjw92286 wrote:
How could they not?

Because there are a lot of people on the spectrum who are very intelligent and knowledgeable but not good at conveying their message verbally. Does their lack of social skills make them stupid?

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2005, 2:33 am

Bush's primary strength is his ability to recruit highly capable people as assistants, delegate tasks effectively, and not interfere. His administration draws it's strenth from his close advisors.

SOK
Raven
Raven

02 Jul 2005, 1:49 pm

In the hitch hikers guide to the galaxy it says:

Quote:
The major problem—one of the major problems, for there are several—one of the many major problems with governing people is that of whom you get to do it; or rather of who manages to get people to let them do it to them.
To summarize: it is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso fact, those least suited to do it. To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem.

I know this comes out of a comedy book, but if you think about it, it seems true.

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2005, 3:18 am

I think the problem may lie in your belief that the election or war or any political action is a battle of wits.