Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

wotsnormal
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Aug 2007, 12:32 pm

What is your first name? Caz

Current perseverations: reading about real life crime, understanding people, lots of mild OCD type traits

When did you discover AS? I became friends with a woman with AS in 2006 and she made the most sense to me that any one ever had. Also it was suggested at the same time that my son was exhibiting a lot of AS characteristics....I just thought he was strange like me! Diagnosed early 2007

Do you have other psych diagnoses? ADHD, anxiety, insomnia

Do you have a degree? Nursing- gerontology. Started a psych degree but gave up

Kids? 2. Son (10) possible AS. daughter (6) NT

Favorite music, other than NIN ...Within Temptation, Night wish, Linkin Park, Pink, dance/rave

Job? Nursing intake officer

Relationship with significant other, past or present? married

Plans for the future? understand people...yeh right!, be happy and less erratic (definately)

Anything else you feel is pertinent: I am able to engage in the usual “chit chat” that occurs with others in a variety of social situations so i think I look and act pretty "normal" but I can only do this for short periods of time and too many of these types of conversations drain me. I view a lot of exchanges that occur between people as being completely unnecessary because nothing of value is actually said. It feels like you must continually select socially appropriate topics and then only give socially appropriate answers like you are in a play. I tried to ‘fit in’ to the “popular group culture” by doing everything that was popular in my 20’s. Although I don’t think it was obvious to others, I found this very difficult and I had a constant feeling being superficial and of copying the others rather than being my own person. It was mostly a survival tactic. :? Over the years this has led to a feeling of loss of identity and resentment. I do not have the stamina to continue to do this as I have gotten older and the desire to change myself to suit others has been replaced by the need to be myself and meet other like minded people.....Caz

wotsnormal
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Aug 2007, 12:43 pm

I just realized I posted my intro thing in the wrong place...but this is the first time Ive done this...and its after 3.30 in the morning so thats my excuse...sorry! :(

thyme
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2007, 10:49 pm

Welcome Wotsnormal to In-depth life discussion forum.