Page 3 of 5 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

JamesW
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 May 2024, 9:13 am

CarlM wrote:
I don't think Trump will win. But a lot can happen between now and Nov. I wish I knew what I could do to fight against Trump winning.

I'm not American, so I have no right to tell Americans which way to vote, or indeed to vote at all.

But as citizens of the world, we all share global media.

So, what I ask all Americans to do is to make sure you get your news from reputable sources.

There is a God.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2024, 1:06 pm

Yes..yes get info from reputable sources .. Our media is heavily controlled by our Governm3nt and people of Wealth.
Only ..Even making great efforts to keep control over our internet media aswell. And as Google controls the largest amount internet familiarity with people who use those services, modifying search results aswell.
So getting good info can be hard to get.. Even Trump had some good ideas,which had noticed Biden , then later claimed as his own, and instituted them. Now, if you watch this country closely .. the issue is no longer politics here , which is now a show for people to consider there is a democracy here still . Not a Corporation controlled by the War materials Companies and corporations..Using concepts of War , to give their corporations a boost, by having to make more weapons.. Which they employ more people to make more weapons of War .But more jobs means better economy.
Purely logical?

where ever you go ,there you are

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2024, 1:26 pm

JamesW wrote:
CarlM wrote:
I don't think Trump will win. But a lot can happen between now and Nov. I wish I knew what I could do to fight against Trump winning.

I'm not American, so I have no right to tell Americans which way to vote, or indeed to vote at all.

But as citizens of the world, we all share global media.

So, what I ask all Americans to do is to make sure you get your news from reputable sources.

You're not in the wrong to point out to others that a particular politician seems like bad news, especially after they've established a track record of just that.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2024, 2:00 pm

I am worried that Trump could win because of people who would have otherwise voted for Biden staying home because of his pro-Israel policies--similar to what the "Bernie or Bust" crowd did in 2016. I am honestly more worried about that scenario than I ever was about RFK2.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2024, 4:50 pm

Hey everyone, I have decided I should put "do not resuscitate" on my medical charts. So tired of living in America but hey, at least I won't ever worry about becoming a vulnerable old lady and losing my freedom anyway if I die sooner.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Harmonie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 May 2024, 5:02 pm

Nightwing82 wrote:
I plan to move to Colorado in July.

You pretty much said word for word everything I've been thinking.

Ah, good! I visited Colorado a couple of summers ago. It was gorgeous! I got to stay in the mountains up west of Boulder!

Honestly, Colorado would have been considered seriously by me, but I just have and have always had an affinity for New England. Plus there's the fact that unless you're in the pricey higher elevation areas of CO, you are in right wing territory with a climate not much better than Oklahoma's.

I'm glad you're getting somewhere safer!

Tim_Tex wrote:
I am worried that Trump could win because of people who would have otherwise voted for Biden staying home because of his pro-Israel policies--similar to what the "Bernie or Bust" crowd did in 2016. I am honestly more worried about that scenario than I ever was about RFK2.

The absurdity of people doing that nearly leaves me speechless. Do they not realize that a Trump administration would be worse for Gaza? It'd be worse for Gaza and it'd be worse for the USA. Not voting for Biden because of his support of Israel does absolutely nothing but bring suffering in both Gaza and the US. Because it's either Biden or Trump who is going to be president. There are no other actual options (save for one of the two being out of commission healthwise or legally, or whatever).

People should protest the blind support of Israel and what innocent Gazans are going through. Not voting for Biden in the general election is not one of those ways. Because if Trump gets in office both Gaza and us (and possibly the whole rest of the world) are going to have a lot more issues.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2024, 6:23 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Hey everyone, I have decided I should put "do not resuscitate" on my medical charts. So tired of living in America but hey, at least I won't ever worry about becoming a vulnerable old lady and losing my freedom anyway if I die sooner.

Sorry to hear this League-girl.. you are a long time poster here, inhabitant of this here Wrong Planet ..
Can understand , where your comoing from..had been alone so long , and was being targeted as a widow alone and handicapped .. Thought people , would at least ignore me,and leave me alone. But these neighbourhood druggies,meth
people that grew up here were used to be able to target my very old father while ,We lived away for years ,for late husbands work. Hubby passed soon after our return to help elderly father, then found out that these neighbourhood delinquents
At the suggestion of their older parents come over and charge my Father money to pretend, and say they did something in this yard to supposedly help him out..And wanted to do the same with me, and imagined they even had some kind if relationship with me. Then used this property to do drugs and get drunk on to be outta of the eyes of their very supportive parents . Had to call the police , so many times to keep them from breakinto the garage and sheds here after they had repeatedly stole things from here , lawn equip ,whatever? At night would end up shining lights on them in my yard.. Police did nothing . Then I got Covid was in the Hospital in the deep winter here. Pipes froze and broke while I was in the hospital .. A investor guy then took my saving he invested poorly and left me broke . And called me in the hospital to tell ne it was okay.. While I was laying there..( and had decided to put DNR on my medical records.)
Three days into the 2 week stay , decided was responding to treatment.. And changed it .. Had to spend rest of my savings to clean up and repair water pipes . Perhaps things may change for you someday for the better?. You might not be able to predict the future ..Later on ..after being out of the hospital.started to find out , that I had a friend or two who called once in a while and , they said they were concerned afterwards . Even a few friends from WP had prayed for me ..for which , I was very thankful for ,regardless of whether I believed or not ..I made it through those times .
And once in awhile can still smile . :mrgreen: Hang in there if you can at all. :heart:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2024, 9:44 pm

if i were an american woman forced to live in a forced birth state, i'd get my tubes tied ASAP.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2024, 10:57 am

League_Girl wrote:

I hope you're not serious. We would miss you very much if this happened.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2024, 1:17 pm

auntblabby wrote:
if i were an american woman forced to live in a forced birth state, i'd get my tubes tied ASAP.

I just hope the GOP doesn't consider banning that too.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Nightwing82
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 May 2024, 1:25 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Of course they will.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2024, 2:05 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

I hope you're not serious. We would miss you very much if this happened.

I am serious. Aging is the main reason because I don't want to look like an old woman. Unless they find an aging cure, I will take it and not have that on my records. I want to look 30 forever. It's been giving me lot of anxiety I had to go on meds for it so I won't think about it as much and it was affecting my work too. I wish insurance would pay for cosmetic treatments and see it as a medical thing than cosmetic if it's affecting your mental health due to "age dysphoria." I get told everyone feels this way but my response is "I doubt it makes them feel that way to a point they would feel suicidal or wish they can die any moment and to a point where it causes them great distress to see their own skin changes or their own face no longer looking the way it used to."

They do have a word for it but I forget what it's called. It means fear of aging. Seeing younger people will trigger these emotions in me.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Harmonie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 May 2024, 5:35 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

It's already hard to get. The clinics are all going to say "but you might change your mind", or "think of your future boyfriend/husband!" or even worse wanting the permission of your boyfriend/husband if you have one.

That rhetoric doesn't sound too far off from what the fake clinics the right have set up to lure in women looking for abortions say to discourage them. Of course, the right will target the right to get our tubes tied! Of course they will! They're coming after birth control already.

And I heard that Ben Carson is now advocating for an end to no-fault divorce, meaning the idea of ending no-fault divorce is also now in the mainstream of the Republican party, as well. I just... I just can't. This is so dark. This isn't the USA I thought I was in when I grew up. :cry: They're making this country such a miserable place to be a woman in. And I mean it's not like major issues weren't present before this, but instead of beginning to address those issues, we've decided to slide backwards. What's next, I won't be able to have my own bank account? I'll lose my right to vote?

Does that sound slippery slopey? Well, I have trouble seeing it as such. The fringe ideas of yesterday's USA right wing are today's mainstream USA right wing. Think of it less as a slippery slope argument, and more of as why do we have any reason to think they'll stop?

For god's sake, defeat these cretins in 2024 and every election thereafter. We can't let them have their way. WE WILL NOT GO BACK.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2024, 12:13 am

Harmonie wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

It's already hard to get. The clinics are all going to say "but you might change your mind", or "think of your future boyfriend/husband!" or even worse wanting the permission of your boyfriend/husband if you have one.

That rhetoric doesn't sound too far off from what the fake clinics the right have set up to lure in women looking for abortions say to discourage them. Of course, the right will target the right to get our tubes tied! Of course they will! They're coming after birth control already.

And I heard that Ben Carson is now advocating for an end to no-fault divorce, meaning the idea of ending no-fault divorce is also now in the mainstream of the Republican party, as well. I just... I just can't. This is so dark. This isn't the USA I thought I was in when I grew up. :cry: They're making this country such a miserable place to be a woman in. And I mean it's not like major issues weren't present before this, but instead of beginning to address those issues, we've decided to slide backwards. What's next, I won't be able to have my own bank account? I'll lose my right to vote?

Does that sound slippery slopey? Well, I have trouble seeing it as such. The fringe ideas of yesterday's USA right wing are today's mainstream USA right wing. Think of it less as a slippery slope argument, and more of as why do we have any reason to think they'll stop?

For god's sake, defeat these cretins in 2024 and every election thereafter. We can't let them have their way. WE WILL NOT GO BACK.

We have to convince people that 1950s America, which the MAGAs want to recreate, was at least as bad as Nazi Germany.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2024, 10:28 am

Actually does sound like it might be more like 1930 america..but have been warned :skull: about my version of being supportive,may not be welcome .. due to potentally citing conspirascy looking things .An lack of appearing supportive in the """"Haven""""". :skull:

Last edited by Jakki on 16 May 2024, 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2024, 12:39 pm

our media aren't reporting this, but many Americans are bailing, esp. to the Commonwealth nations, despite many obstacles thrown americans' way by said nations.