WrongPlanet special on Geraldo this afternoon/evening on FOX

Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2005, 1:57 pm

SquanderedPotential wrote:
how f*cked up they didn't mention the geodon!! ! :o frickin idiots. :? :? :?

That's because WP, AI, or AFF are far less likely to sue Geraldo for slander than Pfizer is. The current FDA data on Geodon states that violence and suicide are all symptoms of the mental illnesses being treated, and therefore there is no data either way on violence and suicide caused by Geodon. Interestingly, Pfizer specifically mentioned that they used the most violent schizophenic patients they coul manage to get informed consent for in their study, and they specifically mention that they wished they could have gotten the most violent ones, but they were not competent to give consent. To the best of my knowledge, they never did check to see if it causes violence or suicidal thoughts in any groups that didn't have those symptoms before. If anybody has any information about such a study taking place, please share.

RobertN
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2005, 2:36 pm

Fox News is right-wing s**t. Of course they will start a witch hunt because their over-priviledged right-wing viewers like to think that all of society's problems are caused by the under-class and the disadvantaged.

eyeenteepee
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Nov 2005, 2:49 pm

Noetic wrote:
We need to talk more gibberish to see if we can confuse the adverts!

Did someone ask for me? :wink:

Seriously though, I'm not surprised that Geodon wasn't mentioned. That spoils the story and provides a simple explanation with no minority groups to persecute. Not good for TV at all..

I wouldn't worry, I don't know much about Geraldo, but from what I've heard, the people who are likely to watch that show aren't worth bothering about anyway.

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2005, 2:56 pm

cos duncvis posted on here, we now have adverts for west yorkshire dating, and i am having hysterics... :lol:

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2005, 3:31 pm

Don't look at me... :lol:

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

SquanderedPotential
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Nov 2005, 4:32 pm

Sean wrote:
To the best of my knowledge, they never did check to see if it causes violence or suicidal thoughts in any groups that didn't have those symptoms before. If anybody has any information about such a study taking place, please share.

yeah, i think we're gonna have to do our own studies if we want accurate results. :|

in my mind

"If you fit the mold of a chipmunk, you probably aren't a kangaroo." - DeepThought

Nuttdan
WP Co-Founder
WP Co-Founder

11 Nov 2005, 6:03 pm

OK, hold up, do we actually know what was said during the segment, or is this just speculation based on the teaser on the blog? Does anybody have a recording or transcript? It sounds bad, but the few people who claim to have seen it didn't think it was totally bad.