Page 5 of 6 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Who will win the American Presidential election?
George W. Bush 17%  17%  [ 20 ]
George W. Bush 17%  17%  [ 20 ]
John Kerry 33%  33%  [ 39 ]
John Kerry 33%  33%  [ 39 ]
Total votes : 118

Tom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2005, 2:09 pm

Namiko wrote:
tom wrote:
So what happens if a gay guy wants to be conservative?

I said "most" conservatives, not all. ;)

er...what's the wink for? Are you coming on to me? 8O

Mutate
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Jul 2005, 2:40 pm

So what DOES happen if a gay guy wants to be conservative in America?

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2005, 3:05 pm

Quote:
Did you know that the states with the low average iq scores all voted for bush and the states with high average iq scores voted for kerry

Did you also know that majority of people without their HS diploma voted for Kerry and majority of people with their undergrad degree voted for Bush.

Tom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2005, 3:21 pm

So you're saying those with the lowest IQ scores achieve the highest in education in America. Wonder why that is?

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2005, 2:30 am

Bush is OK. Unless his plans end up working out great and he becomes vindicated by history, he'll probaby be remembered as an OK president. He'll probably be remembered as having policies with long-term benifits at the sacrifice of his immage at the time he created them, which is more than Clinton can ever hope for.

...I wonder if Bush ever gave Clinton back the "watch your head" sign he forgot to take out from under the Oval Office desk? :lol:

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2005, 3:06 am

There is a scene in Liar liar when jim carry goes on a rant about Mr. Allen, the head of their department.

"He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerant old fart, a worthless steaming pile of cow dung... figuratively speaking."

Now i'm not saying that this has anything to do with george bush, i'm just saying that this started playing in my head when i say the title of this thread.

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2005, 2:28 pm

Sean wrote:
Bush is OK. Unless his plans end up working out great and he becomes vindicated by history, he'll probaby be remembered as an OK president. He'll probably be remembered as having policies with long-term benifits at the sacrifice of his immage at the time he created them, which is more than Clinton can ever hope for.

Most of the presidents throughout history were not well-liked by the public while they were in office. Abraham Lincoln, probably one of the most revered former presidents today, was dealing with the Confederacy threatening to secede from the Union. Many people disliked him because of the circumstances surrounding his presidency. If he'd not been president during the Civil War, people might have liked him better.

If I can remember from my history notes correctly, not many conservatives liked FDR much, either, but he seemed to be a fairly good president. America needed a liberal, progressive president to get the country out of the Great Depression and that is what FDR did.

I'm not trying to argue with anyone (because if I was, it would be obvious), but just trying to offer some historical examples of past presidents who were remembered differently by the history books than they were by the people of their time.

To Tom and Mutate: All I said was most conservatives. It seems to me that the majority of the gay population (especially those lobbying for gay marriage rights in California and across the US) seem to be on the more liberal side, like the women who were involved in the women's rights movements in the 1970s. I'm saying that those women who were at the forefront of the movement were liberal, NOT all the women in the United States. I'm saying the same thing about the majority of the homosexual community. A close friend of mine has a friend who is gay and also a conservative Republican. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen; all I'm saying is that it seems to be less common.

No hard feelings, okay?

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2005, 3:52 pm

Quote:
America needed a liberal, progressive president to get the country out of the Great Depression and that is what FDR did.

Sorry but I have to disagree there we needed WWII to get out of the Great Depression.

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2005, 5:12 pm

Endersdragon wrote:
Quote:
America needed a liberal, progressive president to get the country out of the Great Depression and that is what FDR did.

Sorry but I have to disagree there we needed WWII to get out of the Great Depression.

Maybe not, but the timing was coincindental.

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2005, 5:35 pm

If there had been no FDR, America probably wouldn't have gotten out of the Great Depression as quickly as it did. Hoover did an okay job, but he did not implement many of the necessary measures needed to end the Depression. WW2 also helped because this helped the American families spend more money, hence helping the economy. I suppose America could have made a recovery from the Depression without WW2, but the war helped speed up the process a little bit. :)

Katze
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Aug 2005, 3:13 am

About Bush,

My cat has been reading a pamphlet that was dropped into her 'Litter' box, and it stated that Jeb Bush may be running for President at the next election.

Mrs. Delaware asks if you have Three Bushes in a Row will America have a 'Hegemony?'

Katze 8O

Tak
Toucan
Toucan

08 Aug 2005, 3:42 am

Katze wrote:
About Bush,

Mrs. Delaware asks if you have Three Bushes in a Row will America have a 'Hegemony?'

Katze 8O

That happens and I'll go forthat canadian visa....................

RobertN
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2005, 6:46 am

No words can sum up my hatred for that man.

He is a MURDER, EVIL :skull:

I would not be surprised if he was behind the 9/11 attacks.

He doesn't care about global warming, world poverty, or any just cause. He only loves OIL.

And what about his cosy relationship with the Saudis, and his cuts in Social Security.

I live in the UK, and I still hate that mans guts. :twisted: :twisted:

rumio
Toucan
Toucan

08 Aug 2005, 7:23 am

RobertN wrote:

He doesn't care about global warming, world poverty, or any just cause. He only loves OIL.

And what about his cosy relationship with the Saudis, and his cuts in Social Security.

way to go dude

(that means I agree with your post, by the way - or even IAWTP BTW)

-----------------------------------------------------------

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2005, 7:35 am

rumio wrote:
RobertN wrote:

way to go dude

(that means I agree with your post, by the way - or even IAWTP BTW)

You dont agree that he could have ordered the 9/11 attacks surely!?

rumio
Toucan
Toucan

08 Aug 2005, 8:02 am

eamonn wrote:

You dont agree that he could have ordered the 9/11 attacks surely!?

probably not, he's not smart enough for that, but I'd believe he knows some men who are

-----------------------------------------------------------