Veteran

21 Apr 2005, 2:42 am

Kitsune wrote:
Stay away from this guy ---> :twisted: <------
^
||
||
||

'cause he's big, he's nasty, and he hates everything to do with puppies!

i can't stand puppies.

ed
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2005, 5:06 am

I will allow you to celebrate your religion any way you want, and to live your life the way you want. I'm a tolerant being.

You want your religious views forced on everyone else by law. You want a fertilized egg to be considered a human life by law. You want homosexuals to be denied basic rights, even imprisoned, by law. You want everyone to celebrate the sabbath, by law. You want your religious creation theory to be the only one allowed, by law. It isn't enough for you to not do these things yourself, you want to make them illegal, and punish those who do them. As long as you feel that way, I must oppose you, in the name of Freedom, even in the name of religious Freedom.

thechadmaster
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2005, 6:49 am

ed wrote:
thechadmaster wrote:
Yes I am Catholic and Bush is Protestant but i support him

Of course you support him. the man who now serves as pope ordered you to vote for him, on penalty of not being able to receive holy communion.

He did not. Sure he is conservative, but the church has not "officially" taken a political stand.

thechadmaster
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2005, 7:00 am

Kitsune wrote:
I have to confess, I have some confusion about catholicism due to some people marching under the banner as false Catholics. I see a lot of things actually worshipping and idolizing the saints..and why is the pope the head of the church, what's his role?
Are You implying that i am a false Catholic? We do not worship the saints, we ask them to pray for us to God. The Pope is the Human leader of the Church, he is not God, he does not try to be. You want to know where his authority comes from?

Quote:
What you hold to be true on Earth, I shall hold true in heaven
Jesus to St. Peter in commisioning the first Christian (Catholic) Church

Please read my signature

thechadmaster
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2005, 7:02 am

danlo wrote:
Bec wrote:
Mosaic Law orders us to kill anyone who worships a different god, kill anyone who worships idols, kill anyone who blasphemes...
For the above query, please do not say what many Christians do about the Old Testament not longer applying. According to Matthew 5:18-19 and Luke 16:17, the law shall always be enforced and it is always valid

The old testament still applies and is still relevant. If we said otherwise, then the 10 Commandments would be useless and irrelevant because its in the old testament. But the Mosaic law no longer applies, because the end target which it was directed towards has now passed. We do not sacrifice sheep, because it was symbolic of placing their sins upon Jesus at the cross. Since the event, we do not need to follow the Mosaic law but simply to accept Jesus sacrifice and intervention on our behalf. Nonetheless, the Mosaic law is diverse and some sections, especially regarding health, still apply and have not diminished in their relevance.
Personally, I don't want to accept such a sacrifice on my behalf. I do not want to worship a benign God who lets the world go to ruin just to prove a point. He could have destroyed the world when it was only at grand total populace of 2, but he decided to let billions live lives filled with pain to prove Lucifer wrong and himself a just god. This, to me, just proves he failed miserably. Lucifer, who knows God's existence to be true, can still be saved. How fair is it that he has such chances, though he's the culprit, while we mortals will be damned for living a short life without knowing God.

Jesus is the new covenant, the new law. We sin he forgives us, we are no longer bound by sin, in belief we are cleansed of sin

thechadmaster
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2005, 7:05 am

danlo wrote:
Quote:
I understand that the thought goes into it, though it takes two to make a baby and it always has. I understand the time that you spend in counseling, but it STILL isn't right. If you had heart problems during pregnancy the bodily stress from even having sex could be dangerous to you. I'm not your doctor, but I'd rather not kill a baby and not have sex at all then have the blood of an unborn baby on my hands.

She employs BIRTH CONTROL. Most modern birth control does not allow eggs and sperm to meet, thereby no life is created. Do you consider chopping off a finger to be murder? No. Secondly, iirc, the Bible itself states that when the mother is at risk by the pregnancy no sin is committed to save the mother's life at expense of the unborn. Who are we to choose the life of what is yet to be over what already exists?
While we're in the area of bible-bashing, did you know that Sunday is not the sabbath God rested on? Review the easter story. Jesus died, rested on the sabbath, and was ressurected on the day after. Christians celebrate his death on Friday and his resurrection on Sunday. If he rested on the sabbath, doesn't this make it Saturday which was recognised by God? Furthermore, God rested on the last day of the week. Does the week now start on Mondays? Nowhere in the bible does God or Jesus give the Pope the power to change the sabbath to a Sunday, so celebrating the day ordained by the Pope as sabbath is contrary to God's decree that Man worship God on the sabbath and keep it holy. The bible was INSPIRED by God, it was not dictated by God. Humans are fallable and prone to forcing their own interpretations upon what is written.

One thing, the calendar as we know it was created in the 1500's by Pope Gregory. Two, if we want to debate this, Saturday is the Sabbath. That is when Jews worship, that is the seventh day, we modern humans LOVE screwing things up

ed
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2005, 2:05 pm

Kitsune wrote:
Quote:
Of course you support him. the man who now serves as pope ordered you to vote for him, on penalty of not being able to receive holy communion.

The pope doesn't know who they voted for, and I'd like a link to that.

My source is WBZ news radio 1030, in Boston, a somewhat conservative news station. Unfortunately, I didn't have a tape recorder going.

The following New York Times article does not say quite the same thing, but somewhat close:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/21/inter ... hurch.html

I will keep looking.

Ok, here's a nice Roman Catholic paper, "Catholic Exchange". Maybe they can explain it to you:

http://catholicexchange.com/vm/index.as ... t_id=25215

Interfering in another country's elections constitutes an act of war.

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2005, 5:26 pm

thechadmaster wrote:
Jesus is the new covenant, the new law. We sin he forgives us, we are no longer bound by sin, in belief we are cleansed of sin

That is what Christians believe, but Jesus commanded people to follow all of the laws in the Old Testament. Therefore, if a person is a Christian who trims his beard, eats pork or shellfish, and wears an article of clothing with two different types of fabric, he is committing a sin whether or not he has been 'saved'. By not following all of the laws of the Old Testament, that person is defying Jesus.

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2005, 11:18 pm

Bec wrote:
That is what Christians believe, but Jesus commanded people to follow all of the laws in the Old Testament. Therefore, if a person is a Christian who trims his beard, eats pork or shellfish, and wears an article of clothing with two different types of fabric, he is committing a sin whether or not he has been 'saved'. By not following all of the laws of the Old Testament, that person is defying Jesus.

That was before Jesus' crucifixion, when all men still had to abide by every last detail of the Old Testament law. Romans chapters 7 and 8 explain how the law was intended to guide men in righteous conduct, but it also exposed sin. The exposure of sin also exposes the need of a Savior to atone for those sins. For those of you with an extremely literal thought process, focus on Romans 7:7-12 and 8:1-4.

As for dietary laws in particular, see Romans chapter 14.

aspergian_mutant
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2005, 2:04 am

Irks! chamoisee said I can't get snotty for someone threatened banning, well, humph! nothing gets my goat more then religious bigotry and prejudice!

Well for one, marriage was NOT created by the Christian's,
secondly, I do not care for abortion, but if you take into consideration the world population boom and problems esp for our soon to be children of the world that will be starving, I do not think an abortive pill for during the first trimester is too much.
As for the Cristian faith, more have died in the name of some god for bigoted or prejudicial reasons then in any other name, and at the top of the list of responsible religions for those deaths is Christianity.

To each their own I say as long as it does not physically affect or harm another individual or causes discord for other individuals by interfering in those peoples personal spaces.

No, for the most part I care little for gaydom, but many feel they are girls in mens body's, and men in girls body's, but the way I see it is we are all human and have feelings and get lonely and want a life and to just live life and be happy, and who am I to say they have to feel this way and that way and can't feel this way that way because I do not like it.

If the people are to be judged in the end then let god do it, work on your own life and making your own way to heaven and worry about your own judgment then worrying about others, even thinking that blacks will go to hell just because they are black, we do NOT want to hear it, keep it in your own head and heart and leave others alone about it.

(Mutant)

aspergian_mutant
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2005, 2:47 am

Question (1)
Did god write the bible or did man?

Question (2)
If god did not write the bible then what parts of it IS gods word and not mans? and if god Did write the bible, what parts of it is Not mans?

Question (3)
If your a die hard Cristian, then answer some of these next questions, starting with this.
Where did demons come from? they was supposedly around before Lucifer got cast out of heaven.

Question (4)
If there was only Adam and Eve and their two son, how did the surviving son reproduce? where did the wife come from?

Question (5)
If the Cristian god is so kind and caring then why did he wipe out entire family's for wrongs done by single people? like the grand father done something wrong so him and ALL the descendent's got slaughtered.
wouldn't giving his own begotten son to life and death be saying he is sorry and wont do it again? judging each to their own instead of all below the sinner?

Question (6)
How can god be perfect then claim he made a mistake with the great flood and wouldn't do it again and pledged this with a rainbow?

Question (7)
How long will it take most Cristian's to realize its not that Christ died for their sins, but he was making a statement, a philosophical one, about how to think and believe and have faith and live. the death was just a cleansing, a show of faith in the human race on his part, it is we who must live by what was trying to be taught.

I can go on ad-infinitum ad-nauseum, these are only a handful of questions that I dealt with when studying religions.

danlo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2005, 3:41 am

3) Yes, the demons were around before Lucifer was exiled but they went by a different name, commonly called Angels. A Demon is usually an angel who is possessing someone.
4) Adam and Eve would obviously have had more than just 2 children. The bible is just not in the habit of listing all the women's names. Incest was not a bad thing back then because the genetic code was perfect. With the introduction of sin came the introduction of genetic flaws. Incest is bad because the risk of getting a mutant recessive gene is higher when coupling with genetically close people.
5) I have no idea why he'd do such a thing. Suffice to say I don't know the mind of God. Perhaps he considered it a mercy and a blessing? Imagine where we would be if God had slain Hitler after his first crimes. The only reason I can think of is that sin begets sin.
6) God did nowhere say he made a mistake. Only that he was sad he had to do it and promised not to do it again.
7) The bible itself says Jesus died for our sins. But he was also proving a point to all of creation. That is is possible to live a sinless life, even while surrounded by it and tempted by it. Proving a point does not exclude him dying for our sins. Why would Daniel have prophecied his death if it was just a statement? Why did God decree laws symbolical of Jesus' death, such as sacrificial atonement? In the time of Moses, while they were wandering the desert, a particular miracle was also symbolic of his death. Moses hoisted a cross with a metal snake on it, and people who flocked to it were saved. His death was a statement, but also much more.

aspergian_mutant
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2005, 1:02 pm

Ack! I just made a long rant with the answers to all of the questions I posted and much more, even the whys with full explanations and references, but the web-page closed out on me by mistake :( oh well.

So to make it short (since I do not have the time to write it again this morning), go study religions, not just at some religious school, or some church, those have been edited and reformatted to fit their views and faiths, study history and the history's of other religions and what their comments on other peoples and religions state, go study the omitted books the churches left out, study some archeology and the evidences they found, not to what you want to see but what ever open minded things they have found. open your eyes and your mind, learn some history, study the philosophy's of the times and the way they lived fought and died.

You might be surprised.

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2005, 5:57 pm

danlo wrote:
Adam and Eve would obviously have had more than just 2 children. The bible is just not in the habit of listing all the women's names. Incest was not a bad thing back then because the genetic code was perfect. With the introduction of sin came the introduction of genetic flaws. Incest is bad because the risk of getting a mutant recessive gene is higher when coupling with genetically close people.

Wait a minute, what about two people who are sterile committing an act of incest? They obviously can't have children. So then if mutated children is the Bible's explanation for why incest is wrong, committing incest with person who can't have children is acceptable (I am talking about the Bible here...I, personally, think it's disgusting).

CatGuy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Apr 2005, 6:05 pm

#5, I think, refers to Exodus 12:29-30, when every first-born in Egypt was slain.

Kitsune
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Apr 2005, 1:46 pm

Quote:
You want your religious views forced on everyone else by law. You want a fertilized egg to be considered a human life by law. You want homosexuals to be denied basic rights, even imprisoned, by law. You want everyone to celebrate the sabbath, by law. You want your religious creation theory to be the only one allowed, by law. It isn't enough for you to not do these things yourself, you want to make them illegal, and punish those who do them. As long as you feel that way, I must oppose you, in the name of Freedom, even in the name of religious Freedom.

Pardon me for being caustic to your little 'freedon speech'.

Homosexuals deny THEMSELVES rights. "We can't marry" What is marriage? A commitment to one another? A promise to one another? How can that be taken away by anyone else unless you LET it be.

The abortion movement kills humans while they are too young to defend themselves, the assisted suicide when they are not mentally fit, and the euthanasia when their brains are mush. Regardless, killing is killing.

Quite frankly, the sabbath is a day off. I really don't care about the sabbath day, if you work on it there is no consequence good or bad in heaven, but it will affect your health as a day off is a day off. =)

If you will oppose truth and morality, then you are hiding in the dark. I never said to jail the homosexuals, or to burn the 'fags', I said to educate.

Quote:
Are You implying that i am a false Catholic? We do not worship the saints, we ask them to pray for us to God. The Pope is the Human leader of the Church, he is not God, he does not try to be. You want to know where his authority comes from?

No, I really didn't know.

Quote:
My source is WBZ news radio 1030, in Boston, a somewhat conservative news station. Unfortunately, I didn't have a tape recorder going.

A radio station is usually privately owned and free from the critique of others. I can buy a wavelength and transmit to my city that God is a talking can of hot sauce, but it doesn't make it true, does it?

Quote:
Well for one, marriage was NOT created by the Christian's,

Jewish
Quote:
secondly, I do not care for abortion, but if you take into consideration the world population boom and problems esp for our soon to be children of the world that will be starving, I do not think an abortive pill for during the first trimester is too much.

To quote an article, "What the greenies won't tell you" in the essays from www.summit.org,
Quote:
If the entire population of earth were restricted to Texas alone, that state would have a population density only 30% that of Macau. Our forests and croplands are not under seige.

The rest of the article can be found here:http://www.summit.org/resource/essay/show_essay.php?essay_id=65&PHPSESSID=6f017df89dab165d33a2e8c157b9a7ed

Quote:
As for the Cristian faith, more have died in the name of some god for bigoted or prejudicial reasons then in any other name, and at the top of the list of responsible religions for those deaths is Christianity.

Read this; http://www.livingwaters.com/witnessingt ... wars.shtml

Then come back.

Quote:
To each their own I say as long as it does not physically affect or harm another individual or causes discord for other individuals by interfering in those peoples personal spaces.

Good, okay then. It gets in MY personal space to let people choose hell if they are uninformed.

Quote:
No, for the most part I care little for gaydom, but many feel they are girls in mens body's, and men in girls body's, but the way I see it is we are all human and have feelings and get lonely and want a life and to just live life and be happy, and who am I to say they have to feel this way and that way and can't feel this way that way because I do not like it.

When you deny yourself rights and blame it on others, you will get nothing but blatantly caustic words from me.

Quote:
If the people are to be judged in the end then let god do it, work on your own life and making your own way to heaven and worry about your own judgment then worrying about others, even thinking that blacks will go to hell just because they are black, we do NOT want to hear it, keep it in your own head and heart and leave others alone about it.

There is ONE way to heaven, and excuse me? God created people with black skin to live nearer to the sun without being burned, and people with white skin absorb heat better so they can live in colder climates. Skin doesn't matter.

We are simply messengers. We bring you God's judgements to show you what he has previously decided so that you may get on the up and up.

We are not forcing you to read this thread, if you don't like it and don't want to hear about it, there's a simple answer....don't read it.

Quote:
Question (1)
Did god write the bible or did man?

Read back in this thread on divine inspiration.

Quote:
Question (3)
If your a die hard Cristian, then answer some of these next questions, starting with this.
Where did demons come from? they was supposedly around before Lucifer got cast out of heaven.

A demon, or a fallen angel, is an angel that has chosen to defy God.

Quote:
Question (4)
If there was only Adam and Eve and their two son, how did the surviving son reproduce? where did the wife come from?

The bible never says that after the fall of man God didn't create others. This is generally what's accepted.

Quote:
Question (5)
If the Cristian god is so kind and caring then why did he wipe out entire family's for wrongs done by single people? like the grand father done something wrong so him and ALL the descendent's got slaughtered.

That is old testament, and those people were warned repeatedly to stop or they would be wiped out.

Quote:
wouldn't giving his own begotten son to life and death be saying he is sorry and wont do it again? judging each to their own instead of all below the sinner?

Excuse me? No. He gave us his son, a truly innocent man, to be sacrificed to pay for ALL of our sins. He died without sinning once. This tips the scales to perfectly even IF we chose to acknowledge that he existed, is our savior, and repent of our sins. Please read back in the thread.

Quote:
Question (6)
How can god be perfect then claim he made a mistake with the great flood and wouldn't do it again and pledged this with a rainbow?

Verse? Yes, he promised to never do it again, where is the verse of God saying he made a mistake, and how is it used?

Quote:
Question (7)
How long will it take most Cristian's to realize its not that Christ died for their sins, but he was making a statement, a philosophical one, about how to think and believe and have faith and live. the death was just a cleansing, a show of faith in the human race on his part, it is we who must live by what was trying to be taught.

That isn't a question but a stabbing statement, thus I will leave you with the thought of the ressurection of Christ, and the other supernatural events tied with Christ's life and death. Read the new testament.

Quote:
Ack! I just made a long rant with the answers to all of the questions I posted and much more, even the whys with full explanations and references, but the web-page closed out on me by mistake oh well.

So to make it short (since I do not have the time to write it again this morning), go study religions, not just at some religious school, or some church, those have been edited and reformatted to fit their views and faiths, study history and the history's of other religions and what their comments on other peoples and religions state, go study the omitted books the churches left out, study some archeology and the evidences they found, not to what you want to see but what ever open minded things they have found. open your eyes and your mind, learn some history, study the philosophy's of the times and the way they lived fought and died.

The 'omitted books' were found to be written in a completely different way then the rest of the bible, the bible has NOT changed, look up The Dead Sea scrolls, for starters. We have copies of the proofs (The original writings) of the new testament, though not the proofs themselves.

You're writing unclearly.

Quote:
Wait a minute, what about two people who are sterile committing an act of incest? They obviously can't have children. So then if mutated children is the Bible's explanation for why incest is wrong, committing incest with person who can't have children is acceptable (I am talking about the Bible here...I, personally, think it's disgusting).

It could also be because of man's nature to take advantage of people that are weaker then them...

The bible also never specifically states mutated children as the reason.