Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Byanca
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Jun 2009, 8:15 am

I was wondering. Is it normal to get watery eyes when you are nervous. it happens to me all the time. in social situations i tend to get really watery eyes. it has improved over the years but still i hate it. or my eyes twitch as well.

is watery eyes normal?

Rainbow-Squirrel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2009, 10:16 am

Yes, I always get watery eyes in social situations. I often say that I'm allergic to people. Or maybe it's that I'm just crying out of infinite boredom and desperation...

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2009, 1:14 pm

Yes, I get watery eyes when I am around people. It's something that accompanies a yawning reflex, whether I suppress it or not. Even people I like can wear me down a bit if I must pay attention to them for a long time, or if a discussion becomes very involved, long, or difficult. I need to take breaks.

Allergic to people? Bored to tears? I would not characterize it as boredom. I have used the phrases "allergic to people" and "allergic response" to describe what I am experiencing at times, though.

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong

Hummys
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Jun 2009, 5:03 pm

Yeah I sometimes get watery eyes in public situations. It might just be allergies. Maybe I'm actually allergic to people.

Legato
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2009, 7:36 pm

Happens to me all the time.

I'm no doctor, but I agree with Dr. Strangelove up there. It has to do with the brand of strange boredom we get in social situations, and a kind of strange yawn that sometimes follows.

You can get rid of this by getting involved in a good conversation that interests you. Anything else will leave you with a blank mind and a desire to leave the situation.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2009, 7:43 pm

Never had this happen.

Silva20contraorder
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Jun 2009, 10:31 am

Yes for me it happens when simply in a crowd, or simply when walking past someone I don't know :/