Does everyone in this thread hate being a woman?

Page 1 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Mariah918
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Jul 2009, 2:47 am

Is everyone on this thread butch, butch lesbian, or transgender? Shouldn't you not be on this thread if you don't want to consider yourself a woman or hate being a woman? If you write stuff on this thread you'll be considered a woman so why do you post on here? I'm really confused and I really don't understand masculine women who post on women's discussion.... :?

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2009, 3:28 am

Mariah918 wrote:
Is everyone on this thread butch, butch lesbian, or transgender? Shouldn't you not be on this thread if you don't want to consider yourself a woman or hate being a woman? If you write stuff on this thread you'll be considered a woman so why do you post on here? I'm really confused and I really don't understand masculine women who post on women's discussion.... :?

Since this is the only post in this thread, I would have to say "no".

anyone can post on this thread.

Merle

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2009, 4:44 am

Mariah918 wrote:

I wouldn't say I'm masculine...I just don't feel like the stereotypical woman.

Anyway I don't see why women couldn't post here if they are lesbian, butch, transgender.... :?

They're women...duh.

zena4
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2009, 4:49 am

No, not me.

outlier
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2009, 6:29 am

I may feel more male than female, but grew up being treated purely female and experiencing the issues associated with being that gender (and there is also no way I can visibly pass as a man). Therefore, there is much I can discuss in a women's forum. Many AS women have similar gender issues, so there is even more I can discuss with them. I intensely dislike being called woman or girl, but the benefits I get from relating to the others here outweigh the discomfort of being associated with those gender labels.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2009, 6:33 am

Being female feels natural to me but socially I will never be a girly girl. I think of myself as a person first.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2009, 7:02 am

Because I can. Because WP is a democracy.

activebutodd
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2009, 10:01 am

Butch women, lesbian women, gender-queer women, transgender women, or even simply non-stereotypically 'girly' women still have cultural and medical experiences of being women.
And the less rosy aspects of that are part of a women's discussion. I don't see anything wrong with a bit of discussion and mutual support.

RageBeoulve
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Jul 2009, 11:25 am

Mariah918 wrote:

I have what some would say, very feminine tendencies. I guess I could consider myself a woman, even though i'm not :lol: .

You know, whether or not the female is a butch lesbo has nothing to do with being a woman.

Some people post about how they hate having asperger's. By your logic, shouldn't they not be posting on this forum because they hate being an aspie?

CRD
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2009, 11:28 am

activebutodd wrote:
Butch women, lesbian women, gender-queer women, transgender women, or even simply non-stereotypically 'girly' women still have cultural and medical experiences of being women.
And the less rosy aspects of that are part of a women's discussion. I don't see anything wrong with a bit of discussion and mutual support.

I agree with the above. We all <for the most part> have female bodies and all the things that go along with that even if some of the women here are "butch". I also think the posts from male to female transgender are more then welcome here it's nice to beable to help someon going down that road with the basics like make-up, hair and handbags. Yes I feel like a woman, have womans body and other then some of the bs enjoy being a woman as much as I "enjoy" being short or having dark hair it's just who I am. :roll: Not all women scream when they see a mouse or only wear pink. I can't think of one off the top of my head thats not a cartooon that does.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2009, 12:27 pm

I think the OP means 'forum' there are quite a few threads on here about the woes of being physically female.

I for one would prefer not to be female. The only upside is that females are generally more physically attractive and there are many more options of how to dress. But that's more often than not a pain in the ass, imo.

*shrug*

JessicaDayla
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jul 2009, 7:12 am

Aren't there a few people here who come from the other side, and transferred to female status at some time in their life?

Fort56
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jul 2009, 10:26 am

Butch women, masculine women etc. are still women. They go through the same medical things as other women. Being a woman requires XX chromosomes and a vagina. If one has those, they are a woman. Likewise being a man only requires XY chromosomes and a penis.

JessicaDayla
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jul 2009, 10:37 am

Fort56 wrote:
Being a woman requires XX chromosomes and a vagina. If one has those, they are a woman. Likewise being a man only requires XY chromosomes and a penis.

I guess you have never heard of the type of intersex condition resulting in women with 100% female genitalia and gender but with male chromosones. cAIS is what it is called, stands fot complete androgen insensitivity syndrome, causes a genetic male to develop as a natal female in almost every way prior to birth. Ovaries and uterus may or may not be present. There are equivalent intersex conditions that can create XX natal males as well. Thus your statement is null and void. There are also transsexual men and women who were born of the sex opposite their gender. Gender and sex are definitly non binary things, and can't be looked at as black and white.

Fort56
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jul 2009, 10:49 am

JessicaDayla wrote:
Fort56 wrote:
Being a woman requires XX chromosomes and a vagina. If one has those, they are a woman. Likewise being a man only requires XY chromosomes and a penis.

I guess you have never heard of the type of intersex condition resulting in women with 100% female genitalia and gender but with male chromosones. cAIS is what it is called, stands fot complete androgen insensitivity syndrome, causes a genetic male to develop as a natal female in almost every way prior to birth. Ovaries and uterus may or may not be present. There are equivalent intersex conditions that can create XX natal males as well. Thus your statement is null and void. There are also transsexual men and women who were born of the sex opposite their gender. Gender and sex are definitly non binary things, and can't be looked at as black and white.

Okay well what I'm basically trying to say is that being a woman does not require femininity and likewise being a man does not require masculinity. Masculine women are still women and feminine men are still men.

zena4
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2009, 10:51 am

JessicaDayla wrote:
I guess you have never heard of the type of intersex condition resulting in women with 100% female genitalia and gender but with male chromosones.

:o

Are you sure of that? How is it possible?