Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

wayside
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Nov 2009, 4:04 am

i only can look in nice and handsome faces. is there a face who does not correspond to my suggestions i can't look at it. everyone has his own ideas of nice and handsome person. but my thinking is very special. deformedly faces hurts me. i have such a bad feeling i must look away.

the same is with animals. it would not be possible for me to live with an ugly animal.

every person and animal around me must go conform with my imaginations.

i am not sure why it is so. but looking back it was always like this.

for example: i want to watch an interesting video on you tube, however is there a ugly or misshaped person i must stop the video and search for another.

because of this, making friendships is is even more difficult for me.

Celtic_Frost
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Nov 2009, 5:20 am

If you are actively fearful of ugly-looking people and animals, there's a term called "cacophobia" that means "fear of ugliness". Maybe you have that?

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2009, 5:45 am

What about objects, do you have the same issue with them, or does it only apply to living things?

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

wayside
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Nov 2009, 6:26 am

Celtic_Frost wrote:
If you are actively fearful of ugly-looking people and animals, there's a term called "cacophobia" that means "fear of ugliness". Maybe you have that?

i never have heard about cacophobia. i am not sure if it is fear of ugliness. anyway it makes me sick (vomit) when I see ugly and misshapen faces. and i have the feeling of disgust, too.

maybe it has something to do with uniformly.

everything must have the shape i'd like.

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2009, 9:39 am

you must not like nature then. Symmetry is very rare in nature unless it's a living organism like a mouse or a leaf. Trees by themselves aren't symmetrical so aren't rocks, mountains, the land, streams and other bodies of water. It's the asymmetry that can make some things beautiful.

Besides, it's what's on the inside that counts. Granted, there is something to be said for nice lines and curves but it diminishes over time.

My wife for example; she's got crooked teeth, off-center pupils and both eyes don't look off in the same direction but I love her more than anything because she's got a sharp mind and a kind heart.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p_GbQwHwdo[/youtube]

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2009, 1:55 pm

You wouldn't want to date my brother then:

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2009, 12:55 am

Well wayside. I hope you look like a Greek god otherwise you must cringe every time you look in the mirror.

I never did look like a movie star and now when I look in the mirror I think "Who is that old guy who looks like my father?"

Good luck to you if you are a beautiful person who only meets other young beautiful people.

wayside
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Nov 2009, 2:35 am

maybe i can explain it with "charisma". many people who are ugly have no charisma. i feel "the nothing" in them.

i am a very, very sensitive person and everything which is not like i want it, makes me a bad feeling.

perhaps i am a little bit crazy but it's me ....

and yes, i look very well and i have no problem to look in the mirror

wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2009, 4:54 am

That makes sense, actually, because the thing that makes people beautiful is the natural instinct for us to be attracted to people that have good genetics and/or a good mind. (Most often the mind effects the person's physical appearance more than people realize.) Maybe you are just over-sensitive to it.

michel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2009, 10:53 am

Celtic_Frost wrote:

Cacophobia, hmmm, is that what all of California has? :lol:

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

23 Nov 2009, 11:25 am

wayside wrote:
i only can look in nice and handsome faces. is there a face who does not correspond to my suggestions i can't look at it. everyone has his own ideas of nice and handsome person. but my thinking is very special. deformedly faces hurts me. i have such a bad feeling i must look away.

the same is with animals. it would not be possible for me to live with an ugly animal.

every person and animal around me must go conform with my imaginations.

i am not sure why it is so. but looking back it was always like this.

for example: i want to watch an interesting video on you tube, however is there a ugly or misshaped person i must stop the video and search for another.

because of this, making friendships is is even more difficult for me.

I think your entire comment can be summed up into one word: shallow. You're not alone. The world is full of them. Karma also comes into play. What you give you get back. So if you're only interested in pursuing friendships with beautiful faces, and you yourself don't have one, then you're going to have a miserable life.

The former things have passed away."

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2009, 1:11 pm

while I can't really relate to the OP, I definitely do spend more time looking at beautiful and/or extremely ugly people. I wish there still were freak shows :P