Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

theLilAsimov
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Feb 2010, 12:07 pm

I know I posted a thread about 24 hours ago about me getting accepted to Michigan Tech.

Well, the University of Michigan - Ann Arbor got back to me...

I was not accepted for the fall of 2010. :(

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2010, 1:31 pm

I'm sorry to hear that. :(

(((((hugs)))))

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2010, 2:10 pm

I thought I heard good news.... Sorry to hear it didn't turn out how you planned it. :(

On the bright side, there is happier alternatives. :)

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Feb 2010, 5:16 pm

I'm new to this, but can you appeal?

Did you apply as disabled? (That would allow them to use appropriate standards.)

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2010, 5:24 pm

I know how disappointing that can be theLilAsimov, I showed up for the first day of my computer course at NAIT only
to find out that the entire course had been canceled, and all my funding had been arranged for this program.

theLilAsimov
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Feb 2010, 3:20 am

Thanks for all the responses. I am a bit distraught/depressed about it; they said that because of the large number of qualified applicants, they had to consider my high school grades and test scores. :( I did absolutely atrocious in high school.

@ Claradoom: I am not sure if I can do that in the United States. :(

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2010, 6:32 am

Although now I am looking to apply for other colleges, given that Michigan only accepts students with good test scores, good extra-curricular activities and good school grades (I have none of the above as of now though I did try my best)...

Remember, you are still accepted by the no. 2 college in Michigan - Michigan Technological University. :D

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2010, 8:56 pm

I'm sorry that you didn't get accepted. Maybe you'll do so well in your field that they'll regret not accepting you :) I try to think of the positive side whenever something bad happens. It's hard to do, but it's definitely worth it. Don't stop in your tracks just because of one failure. It's not that you failed, it's what you do with that failure after it happens.

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2010, 11:43 am

Oh too bad. Well at least you have a good alternative. :D

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...

Metal_Man
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2010, 2:10 pm

Michigan Tech is nothing to complain about. Not a real easy school to get into. UofM is a huge school and may not have worked out anyway.

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2010, 8:50 pm

Agreed. Even if people get in there (UofM), we can have fun doing so many things. But opportunities might be rather limited to just a few select group of people as far as I am concerned except football and basketball, from what I had heard from people I know who studied there.

Better luck in Michigan Tech. :)

theLilAsimov
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Feb 2010, 10:56 pm

Thank you for all your response! :D I applied to a few other colleges, so I will see how it turns out with them, but I am thinking that I will attend Michigan Tech, but attempt to transfer to University of Michigan once more, at the end of this semester (for the Winter 2011). Just because I can, and they will not charge me again. :D

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2010, 11:08 pm

Good luck to you. You are SOOOO young and have plenty of time to do whatever you want in your education!

Jpeg
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Feb 2010, 7:58 pm

Sorry to hear that, Michigan Tech is still a very good school however and you should be proud, especially if you struggled in high school.

gypsyRN
Toucan
Toucan

05 Mar 2010, 12:45 am

Yes...congratulations on the Michigan Tech admission. There is always transferring, if you're dying to go to AA. Or, there's grad. school to look forward to if you end up liking Michigan Tech!

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2010, 5:55 am

Michigan Tech is the most under-appreciated school in the so-called 'Wolverine State', where Michigan State seems like number two due to its variety of courses. But to the best of my understanding, Michigan Tech is a good fit where your high school records is at least ignored, and that you're given a chance to do the best you want.

Ironically, I may need some advice to overturn my bad exam results as I have decent academic records.