So what's happening with Stargate Universe?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2010, 5:53 am

...is anyone even still watching it? I got 3-5 episodes in and stopped watching because nothing interesting really happened. If you've been watching it: has anything happened yet? XD;;; Is it worth my time?
Any new world, new people, horrible enemies, amazing plot twists? Any of the characters become un-boring yet? (Besides the main kid, he was un-boring to begin with.)

kate123A
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2010, 6:51 am

Well the weird old/prof. type scientist Dr. Rush got left behind after he attempted to frame Young for murder. Other than that not really.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2010, 8:05 am

If they can't come up with a real direction for the show, maybe it'll be canceled.

Barbary
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Mar 2010, 10:49 am

I like SG:U

There going to be introducing an alien race in the next episode. Col. Young is suppose to be getting abducted by an alien ship; and Rush finds an abandoned alien shuttle on a deserted world. I find the character of Dr. Rush very interesting.

But your right. This new series and the new Caprica series aren`t very good and I hope that they find some direction soon.

kate123A
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2010, 3:23 pm

it's a bit like a scifi women's afternoon soap opera instead of an action adventure. The idea is good what they've done with it is about as exciting as old laundry. I like the characters but it's so incredibly dull that it's unbelievable and the interesting stuff back at stargate command has transformed into a giant mind numbing bureaucracy. The going back and forth to earth sucks any excitement from the entire show...somehow. If it doesn't improve I hope it gets canceled.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2010, 4:58 pm

It's still on? I lost it after about 5 episodes...I presumed it was cancelled.

Barbary
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Mar 2010, 9:05 pm

pakled wrote:
It's still on? I lost it after about 5 episodes...I presumed it was cancelled.

I wondered what happened with it too, but I found out that its on a hiatus until the beginning of April. For now, Scyfy is running episodes of the new Caprica series in SG:U time slot until the beginning of April when SG:U will return with new episodes.

wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2010, 4:51 am

Hmm, a new alien race, that might liven things up. Maybe I'll watch that.

I just don't get why they changed the atmosphere of the show when the other Stargates were such a huge hit.

GreatCeleryStalk
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2010, 4:21 pm

Barbary wrote:
I like SG:U
But your right. This new series and the new Caprica series aren`t very good and I hope that they find some direction soon.

I enjoy Caprica more than I enjoyed BSG in the beginning.