Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Mom_of_Lucas
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Mar 2010, 4:17 pm

Hi everyone,

My name is Emily Le Coz (AKA Mom_of_Lucas). I chair a nonprofit agency called the Autism Center of Tupelo. Based in Tupelo, Mississippi, we provide FREE one-on-one ABA therapy and early intervention to children with autism. We are the only center of its kind in our region, where an estimate 1,500 children have autism.

And we need your help.

We're in the running for a $50,000 grant from the Pepsi Refresh Program this month. You might already be familiar with this program, but in case you are not, it allows about 1,000 charitable causes to apply for $1.3 million in grants each month throughout 2010. Online voters decide which causes will win by casting their ballots. Those with the most votes at the end of each month win.

I'm asking everyone to please vote for our project, as well as all other autism-related projects seeking Pepsi grants. And I'm humbling asking everyone to aslo help us spread the word to your friends and family.

Pepsi is going to give the money to someone. It might as well go toward the autism community, right!?

The direct link to vote for us is www.refresheverything.com/autism

Please vote once daily through March 31. We need to be among the top 10 vote-getting projects to win.

Thank you so much for your consideration of my humble request!

Warmest regards,
Emily Le Coz
Autism Center of Tupelo
www.autismcenterofupelo.com
(662) 871-4433
Pepsi Refresh Grant/Autism

pat2rome
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2010, 7:13 pm

I voted, and I will send the link to my family and some of my friends. Good luck!

Mom_of_Lucas
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Mar 2010, 8:03 pm

Thanks, pat2rome!

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2010, 10:22 pm

Awesome, another cause for the refresh everything contest. Last February I put all my effort into getting the Send Silence Packing program that the Active Minds chapter at my college was planning (spreading awareness of suicide by college students). We won already, so we aren't entering the contest again, which means all my votes are free for some other good cause. Why not?

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

Mom_of_Lucas
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Mar 2010, 9:46 pm

Thanks, Roxas_XIII!!

Dark_Red_Beloved
Toucan
Toucan

09 Mar 2010, 4:01 pm

voted--and am sending on to my family and friends right...

now.

best of luck to you!

:)

Brennan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Mar 2010, 1:01 am

Voted. :D

ASdogGeek
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2010, 8:30 am