Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2010, 12:33 pm

It's overactive, and I don't like it. I am a human with a neocortex. Not a rabid she-wolf.

I don't want to take drugs, though.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2010, 1:19 pm

Nature recognizes the impetus to procreate as the single purpose (hence justification for existence) of the individual.

Society may recognize secondary justifications, such as intellectual or creative contribution, but the social relevance of an Aspie is in question from the outset, due to the very nature of the disorder.

Therefore, it would seem our duty to both our species and our neurological subgenus, to rut like wild animals at every opportunity, especially with other Aspies. :D

tenzinsmom
Toucan
Toucan

12 Apr 2010, 1:31 pm

You could try the herb Vitex, also known as Chaste Berry.

It is used for different female conditions, including PMS, it works on the hormones to normalize the hormonal complex. It's probably an adaptogen, but I'm not sure. Anyway, it's also used to lower libido.

I'm not a professional, mind you, but I study natural medicine on my own.

Good luck!

Also, a crappy diet of processed foods will kill your libido, too. But the side affects are awful! Weight gain, depression, immune suppression, and organ damage in the long run. Just mentioning it if you're desperate and don't like taking herbs.

SPARTAN-113
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Apr 2010, 2:57 pm

Willard wrote:
Nature recognizes the impetus to procreate as the single purpose (hence justification for existence) of the individual.

Society may recognize secondary justifications, such as intellectual or creative contribution, but the social relevance of an Aspie is in question from the outset, due to the very nature of the disorder.

Therefore, it would seem our duty to both our species and our neurological subgenus, to rut like wild animals at every opportunity, especially with other Aspies. :D

Interesting point. The way I see it, mankind would still be in its pre-industrial era, if it still existed at all, were it not for the contributions of countless autistics. Autistic discoveries and/or theories have advanced human civilazation at a nearly exponential rate. While I am nit one of those autistics who believes that we are a superior sub-race of humans, I do think that our evolutionary traits (compared to the average person) are probably the only reason that there is no longer (or hardly any) anarchy or barbarism in the world today. In a sense, we were evolutionary necessities for human survival as a whole. My opinion, of course, but it does pose some interesting ideas.

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2010, 4:45 pm

I was going to say SSRI's, but you say no drugs... I dunno, sounds like a good time to indulge a special interest.

I bet half of all the great inventions/discoveries in the world came about as result of people trying to distract themselves from horniness. :lol:

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2010, 9:40 am

tenzinsmom wrote:
You could try the herb Vitex, also known as Chaste Berry.

It is used for different female conditions, including PMS, it works on the hormones to normalize the hormonal complex. It's probably an adaptogen, but I'm not sure. Anyway, it's also used to lower libido.

I'm not a professional, mind you, but I study natural medicine on my own.

Good luck!

Also, a crappy diet of processed foods will kill your libido, too. But the side affects are awful! Weight gain, depression, immune suppression, and organ damage in the long run. Just mentioning it if you're desperate and don't like taking herbs.

I could try that...but I still live at home with my mom and she'd probably notice and want to know why I was buying some sort of medicine...and I really really wouldn't feel comfortable with telling her 'Oh it's a herb to lower my sex drive...'

I'll stick to thinking about vomiting..

Thanks though.

Cricket2731
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Apr 2010, 12:50 pm

I don't recommend puking yr guts out just to lower your sex drive. The digestive acids will corrode your teeth, & then there's always the possibility of aspiration pneumonia (You accidentally inhale yr vomit).

I'm 54 yrs old, still have a raging sex drive, & my husband cut me off 11 yrs ago. So I went & bought some toys & make do with what I've got. Plus, a little cybersex now & then...

Do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend?

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2010, 1:06 pm

I said THINKING about vomiting, not ACTUALLY vomiting!! :)

No I don't...

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2010, 1:10 pm

If chaste berry works, it's because of a natural drug in the chaste berry (sort of like how willow bark works because it has aspirin in it).

The only sure-fire ways to kill your libido would be a complete hysterectomy, including your ovaries (but this has some nasty side effects and requires you to take hormones to prevent osteoporosis, etc) or hormonal birth control. You can have a hormonal IUD put in that works as birth control for 5 years, and for the first couple of years has the happy side effect of killing your libido and stopping your periods. Since it's inserted into your uterus, the dosage of hormones required is smaller than with oral birth control and has fewer side effects.

huytongirl

15 Apr 2010, 4:32 pm

Yes, you're right. I had a mirena coil which took away all desire (contraceptive in two ways, then). I didn't mind. I only had it put in to stop heavy periods: I had no chance of getting a lover, anyway.

Then about a year ago I had to have it taken out. A couple of months later I was practically melting on the pavement every time I saw a man.

Pros and cons...

willaful
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2010, 4:42 pm

Could you tell your mom it's for PMS or something like that?

But I think the toys idea is even better, assuming you can hide them. :twisted:

tnikki
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Apr 2010, 5:02 am

lol I have a "raging sex drive" too, don't know why you wanna get rid of yours :-p I'm fighting with my doctor to keep mine :-( if I go on full HRT I lose my libido :-( I don't know about ciswomen though, T for FtMs makes you more horny :-p

tenzinsmom
Toucan
Toucan

21 Apr 2010, 4:14 pm

Ok, if you don't feel comfortable trying the Chaste Berry, telling your Mom it's for PMS....

Do you masturbate? Can you bring yourself to orgasm?

Maybe enough release will make you feel better.

Oh, and by the way, medicine contains herb extracts not the other way around!

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2010, 7:35 pm

Buy plain rubber bands to go over your wrist.

The moment you have a dirty thought or start thinking about it, snap the rubber band against your wrist.

bully_on_speed
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2010, 7:46 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
Buy plain rubber bands to go over your wrist.

The moment you have a dirty thought or start thinking about it, snap the rubber band against your wrist.

that sounds do kinky

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

22 Apr 2010, 1:35 pm

I struggle with this too, since I started using Progesterone cream. I had a partial hysterectomy, years ago, and had next to no libido. I actually find excessive libido annoying. I don't mind having a drive, I just don't like it to be so demanding! I study herbs on my own, too. There are some Chinese herbs out there that could regulate your libido. You could also see a Chinese medicine practitioner, who could recommend some herbs. A lot of Chinese herbs address multiple issues at once, so you could tell your mom that the herbs are for cramps, or excessive bleeding or something.