What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 498 of 498 [ 7965 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 494, 495, 496, 497, 498

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2024, 2:28 pm

I need to read more of Erik then. :)

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2024, 2:32 pm

Ask him to appear in your dreams :) I did this and it worked for me exquisitely well :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2024, 2:33 pm

^^i suspect you have a lot more native psychic ability than I do, but I will put out the invitation and hope he is not too busy elsewhere. :)

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2024, 4:24 pm

Have you read his book? :)

The next time when I have a lucid dream, I will try to contact my deceased aunt who passed away last summer, I'm curious if she has something to tell me too :) That healer who tried once to cure my IBS using the energy of reiki (he failed in this respect, unfortunately, it was the conventional medicine that helped me), told me he liked to talk to his dad from time to time, asking him for pieces of advice... but the problem was that his father was long dead. But for this man it was not a serious problem, for he could contact the deceased :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2024, 4:28 pm

I visited his website and did a lot of reading.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2024, 4:31 pm

^^^thank you :)

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2024, 4:36 pm

Irulan wrote:
Ask him to appear in your dreams :) I did this and it worked for me exquisitely well :D

That kind of thing can work, because you'd have to think about him in order to make the request. We often dream about the things we've thought about or experienced on the day before the dream.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2024, 12:26 am

i dreamt there was a middle-aged man and woman in my tin can, i gave the man a big magnum glass bottle which he placed atop the open flap of my secretary [furniture] and poured some kinda water inside the bottle, while the woman watched in the background.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2024, 12:10 pm

I had put my home up for sale while I was still living in it. A guy turned up with his family to look at it. He asked me, in a roundabout and suspicious-sounding way, whether the price was fixed or negotiable. I felt he was trying to get me to agree to a large price reduction before he'd even looked at it, and that he'd whittle the price down even more, so I just said that it wasn't fixed, and encouraged him to start looking round to evaluate what the place was worth to him. He asked me if the house was close to any place where he could buy cigarettes. I went away and thought about it. I realised there were a few gas stations that would sell them, but I ended up telling him that he wouldn't need to buy cigarettes because the local people were so friendly that they'd be offering him cigarettes all the time. I knew that was a stretcher. I presented the argument in a very attractive and persuasive way. I wasn't sure that he'd swallowed the idea but I felt there was some hope that he had.

Interpretation: Sometimes in this dog-eat-dog world I kind of wish I was a competent, dishonest salesman so I could be more comfortable financially at the expense of unscrupulous customers who deserve to lose out to me.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2024, 3:36 pm

i'm glad a good sensible plausible explanation readily availed itself to you. ^^^

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2024, 4:04 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i'm glad a good sensible plausible explanation readily availed itself to you. ^^^

Well, it was only a glib interpretation off the top of my head. On further reflection, I note that some land was in fact sold by a family member to another family member for what I suspect was too low a price because the buyer's "personality" may have been too strong for the seller (a rather kind person) to stand up to. The supposed reason for the price reduction was to my mind invalid, and the result will very likely impact on me at some future time. So maybe in the dream I was musing over how the negotiation could have been done better, and what I might have done if I'd been in the hot seat at the time. I like the idea of fighting fire with fire.

The dream also seems to lampoon the buyer as a ruthless but stupid Arkansan who has his priorities all wrong, though in the dream I wasn't thinking "what a nasty idiot," I was more thinking "he's an adversarial force to be reckoned with, I hope my skills will be enough to turn the tables on his evil plan." I also rather despair of getting the world to drop all this adversarial BS that passes off as communication and to get together in honest dialogue, so naturally the idea of "if you can't beat them, join them" is bound to be a temptation, as being firm but fair is such hard work.

But nobody knows what dreams are for, and I doubt it's possible to meaningfully interpret a dream without assuming some overarching theory of their purpose. I just do it out of idle curiosity and in the vague hope that I might find some evidence pointing to why we dream the things we do, or get some useful insights about what's going on in my noggin. I've found no such evidence yet, but I get my curiosity partly satisfied and I do get something like insight into the contents of the space between my ears.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 4:02 pm

I had a whole bunch of cages and containers that held many small animals such as guinea pigs, hamsters, birds fish, reptiles and maybe amphibians. But many of the animals kept escaping and it was like a pet shop on steroids. I was worried because I had not fed some of the animals in a few days and felt like some terrible animal hoarder. Some of the fish in their tanks had died, and when I'd catch some of the small mammals and return them to their cages more would break loose. It was very stressful, and I felt like just giving up and laying in a fetal position on the floor as the critters crawl all over me. I have no idea why I even own so many pets, or where I got them.