Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

frag
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2010, 6:31 pm

You came to a strange town and you get to rent a small room there. It is not a really big room, almost cube shape. On the north wall you will have your entry to the right, else there is a worn out bulky couch on that wall too.

On the western wall there is a quite small window and it is placed pretty much in the middle of the wall.

On the eastern wall you have some doors to small spaces like half bath and a kitchenette.

There is a scratchy but solid quite big table at the southern wall, the only wall that is uninterrupted. 2 chairs with paint stains on them

It doesn't look so cozy. One thing is that the walls are grey. The floor is grey concrete but partially covered with a strange rug that looks like it is abstract art.

The landlady tells you you are allowed to repaint if you do it properly.

What changes would you make? Would you paint? What color? Skimp on food to get a new couch or a bed? Sleep on the lumpy but not so uncomfy couch that is there and use money for other things? Would you get pillows and things to decorate with? What colors and patterns?

This room only exists in my mind... but how would you do the best of it?

Prksrbrt
Raven
Raven

19 Sep 2010, 7:26 pm

Well seeing as how there is already a couch I wouldn't skip on food, I need to eat. I would get non-perishable food until i could afford a refrigerator, then go from there. An off topic subject similar to this, Animal Crossing is an awesome game and this reminded me of it.

reginaterrae
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2010, 8:21 am

I'd need a bed ... achy enough as it is. But I've bought reconditioned mattresses cheap, so hopefully I could eat and sleep, too. Paint's cheap. Paint the walls, paint the floor, paint the table & chairs. If the landlady's amenable to tossing the rug, get a cheap one of your liking at Ikea or Home Depot or something. Otherwise position it so it's hidden as much as possible by furniture, or just go for it and let it be a feature of the room ... and make it the starting point for choosing colors of paint, cushions, etc.