Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ACG
Raven
Raven

22 Dec 2004, 7:28 pm

Anyone here who plays Scrabble competitively? I played in tournaments for a while (NSAR rating ca. 1400 (low intermediate/high novice), but I don't really play much more other than with friends so I'm probably rusty with lots of the three-letter words)? Having read "Word Freak" and seen some of the people who play in tournaments, I wouldn't be surprised if there are some AS people there.

Catffienated
Toucan
Toucan

23 Dec 2004, 7:23 am

I used to play competitively online, but the people weren't much of a challenge. Plus Hasbro made them stop. I want to play a game of Literati with you on Yahoo! if I can ever get my java to work.......... I haven't found any scrabble leagues in the VA area!

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2004, 3:49 pm

http://snoot.org/toys/scribble/?flags=e

The last two games are supposed to be for 'expert' players (see guide), but lately, it's just trolls and game wreckers who play...it used to be a fun site.

PP

Kenorri
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Dec 2004, 5:23 pm

We just bought a new Scrabble game that has more tiles and a larger board. It is called Super Scrabble. There are quadruple word scores and more Z's and Q's. The kids and I played last night and all of us scored into the 200's. My wife skunked us all with a 350. It is fun if you want a little more of a challenge and bigger scores. We almost filled the entire available board. At the end of the game we take the words we have created and write a story. Some of the stories we've gotten over the years were hilarious. For what it's worth, Kenorri

Catffienated
Toucan
Toucan

27 Dec 2004, 6:17 pm

I should buy Super Scrabble, but I'm saving up for an AP exam...