Page 1 of 6 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page:

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:00 pm
Posts: 3125

Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:31 pm

Anyone stop and wonder, why is it such a serious offense in the world of interaction? :P



CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:00 pm
Posts: 91462
Location: In a quiet and peaceful garden, where gentle Mick Avory-like Sweet Peas grow.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:36 pm

People only like the people that they have things in common with.


_________________
The darling, unworldly Mick Avory with hands like shovels, who wouldn't dare choose to hurt a soul: I'm the cuddly, adorable Kink. Sweet Peas: http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j37/C ... 20Smileys/ Blog: http://ramblingsofasuccessfula


CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:00 pm
Posts: 3125

Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:43 pm

But.... but... who's to say the person they consider weird has nothing in common? Good point though.



Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:00 pm
Posts: 1681
Location: Idaho, USA

Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:13 pm

People are afraid of something different. "Weird" means unpredictable and that can scare NTs, especially because they tend to associate various kinds of weird with violence and/or drugs.

Before I was diagnosed, I was always being asked if I were on drugs (or overhearing people spreading rumors that I was on drugs) when I was not on drugs at all. My brand of weird made people think drugs and that bothered and/or frightened them so they didn't interact with me in friendly, welcoming ways.


_________________
"In the end, we decide if we're remembered for what happened to us or for what we did with it."
-- Randy K. Milholland

Avatar=WWI propaganda poster promoting victory gardens.


CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:00 pm
Posts: 3125

Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:42 pm

Sparrowrose wrote:
People are afraid of something different. "Weird" means unpredictable and that can scare NTs, especially because they tend to associate various kinds of weird with violence and/or drugs.

Before I was diagnosed, I was always being asked if I were on drugs (or overhearing people spreading rumors that I was on drugs) when I was not on drugs at all. My brand of weird made people think drugs and that bothered and/or frightened them so they didn't interact with me in friendly, welcoming ways.


I don't mean to patronize you, but that must have been hell at times.



Craig28
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:00 pm
Posts: 3258

Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:45 pm

Modern life has made all manner of people very nasty indeed. You can't leave the house without bumping into some ass who mocks you you they can feel better about their miserable NT existence.

Plus NT's are envious of us Aspies like you wouldn't believe. Its frigging poisonous out there and its getting worse. The battle lines between NT's and Aspies is no longer just stories told around the campfires - its all real, it always has been.



DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:00 pm
Posts: 2508
Location: The Poconos, Pennsylvania

Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:26 pm

because people fear what they are too god damn stupid to understand. To put it short, those sheep have a fear of the unknown.


_________________
Myers Brigg - ISTP
Socionics - ISTx
Enneagram - 6w5

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/


lelia
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:00 pm
Posts: 3148
Location: Vancouver not BC, Washington not DC

Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:11 pm

Well, I sure get tired of being called "weird". I'm sure it's because the lack of predictability causes unease.



Claire_Louise
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:00 pm
Posts: 99
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:07 pm

All people - including NTs, have insecurities about being 'weird' or 'different'. When people see someone apparently even more different than themselves, they seem to get a rush out of telling the 'weird' person what they think about them.
I guess it makes them seem more normal, and helps to heal insecurities.
I don't think being weird is a bad thing - on the contrary, I would be boring if I wasn't weird.
When people tell me I'm weird, I just say, "No, you're just too normal" and walk off. :)



lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:00 pm
Posts: 1819
Location: Canada

Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:36 pm

it's a highly primitive and Darwinian response. :roll: If someone is acting "weird" the primitive brain of "normal" humans, which have barely evolved since prehistoric times, sets off an alarm that says basically, "This person could be/is dangerous. Use extreme caution/run for your life". And yet it is "weird" people who change the world for the better, are usually the most intelligent, gifted, and talented, and keep us all from plummeting into a dreary, coma-inducing existence. :P



DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:00 pm
Posts: 2508
Location: The Poconos, Pennsylvania

Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:03 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
it's a highly primitive and Darwinian response. :roll: If someone is acting "weird" the primitive brain of "normal" humans, which have barely evolved since prehistoric times, sets off an alarm that says basically, "This person could be/is dangerous. Use extreme caution/run for your life". And yet it is "weird" people who change the world for the better, are usually the most intelligent, gifted, and talented, and keep us all from plummeting into a dreary, coma-inducing existence. :P


Life is already a dreary, coma-inducing existence... for some.
However life is a death inducing experience for everyone.
And taking both comments into consideration....
...
...
... Life is always a death-inducing experience, no matter the individual.

No one is truly equal in life. Only in death is there truly any equality... because death is a very impartial... mistress?

hmm...

I think my attempt at awkward witticisms induced some song ideas within my obviously screwed up head.


I think I should go to the main site of NT congregation, Twitter, and make a fake account just so I can spam my... ahem... observations for all the world to see... and perhaps burst the bubbles of those annoying attention whores on there. Oh hooray for hypocritical humor. :twisted:


but really, I tend to take it upon myself to revel the fact I am a very weird person. So what if some may consider it social suicide, I consider it a very... liberating... experience.


_________________
Myers Brigg - ISTP
Socionics - ISTx
Enneagram - 6w5

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/


Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:00 pm
Posts: 1681
Location: Idaho, USA

Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:10 pm

DemonAbyss10 wrote:
I think I should go to the main site of NT congregation, Twitter, and make a fake account just so I can spam my... ahem... observations for all the world to see... and perhaps burst the bubbles of those annoying attention whores on there. Oh hooray for hypocritical humor. :twisted:


While you're there, just screwing with people to make yourself feel superior, you might as well look some of us up. I'm friends with scores of people on the spectrum through Twitter.


_________________
"In the end, we decide if we're remembered for what happened to us or for what we did with it."
-- Randy K. Milholland

Avatar=WWI propaganda poster promoting victory gardens.


DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:00 pm
Posts: 2508
Location: The Poconos, Pennsylvania

Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:19 pm

Sparrowrose wrote:
DemonAbyss10 wrote:
I think I should go to the main site of NT congregation, Twitter, and make a fake account just so I can spam my... ahem... observations for all the world to see... and perhaps burst the bubbles of those annoying attention whores on there. Oh hooray for hypocritical humor. :twisted:


While you're there, just screwing with people to make yourself feel superior, you might as well look some of us up. I'm friends with scores of people on the spectrum through Twitter.


Ill do that. You know, feeling superior and all.

oh god, please dont tell me I have been in sarcasm/snark mode this whole entire time. I think I finally caught myself. Oh well, it is quite fun nonetheless when you make fun of people about their droll lives.

but really sparrow, you have no reason to fear, you as well as most people aren't on my acceptable targets list. Its usually reserved for people who need an ego deflation. But yeah, I sometimes take the snark a bit to far, oh well, can't really help it when its the main form of humor that appeals to me.


_________________
Myers Brigg - ISTP
Socionics - ISTx
Enneagram - 6w5

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/


Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:00 pm
Posts: 11016

Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:46 am

CaptainTrips222 wrote:
Anyone stop and wonder, why is it such a serious offense in the world of interaction? :P


I see it as a good thing myself, but most NTs are obsessed with conformity - if you don't copy everyone, you don't exist. Pathetic really :roll:

(notice I said most NTs, as there is a minority who are an exception to this rule)



239821
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:00 pm
Posts: 2

Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:58 am

Because human society at its core is corrupt and hypocritical. We've all been told to be ourselves and had the exact opposite hammered into us on the outside. A lot of them should be thanking us for giving them a breath of fresh air in their mundane lives. Where else will you find a sheldon cooper anyway? Haha



Display posts from previous:  Sort by  


Page 1 of 6 [ 81 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page:




You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to: