The "unconditional support for Israel" cult

Page 1 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 8:47 pm

Does anyone think that we should designate such an ideology as a cult? If it is a cult, it may be the largest cult in America. Seriously though, I find it real creepy especially when politicians like Hilary Clinton says things like "our support for Israel's security is unwavering and forever." While there is nothing wrong with supporting security boost (everyone wants security) no one talks about the security of Palestinians and it is because of this cult that the conflict in the middle east will never be resolved. The US pretends to be a neutral mediator sometimes but they are not. They are one-sided. The only want to "look good" in the international community by pretending to care about Palestinians.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 10:09 pm

Ms. Clinton is a politician. Is it possible that her statement should not be taken at face value?

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 10:33 pm

wavefreak58 wrote:
Ms. Clinton is a politician. Is it possible that her statement should not be taken at face value?

Should Iranian President Ahmadenejad's anti-Israel statements be taken at face value?
Oh ya, keep in mind that she said it at an AIPAC conference. Everyone who speaks at those conferences has to pretend to please Israel.

danandlouie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 10:47 pm

spent a few years in middle east area. 50 years ago, israel supporters bought american politicians as a way to provide for the safety of israelis. they're still doing it. there will be no peace between the palestinians and the israelis. the hate they have for each other is like an odor in the air. you can feel it, also.

we give billions each year to israel. we give billions each year to the palestinians. not sure i understand that concept.

talk to an afgan or a moroccan, or an egyptian.....they generally like americans, but hate america. they always end their diatribe with........."and of course there's the palestinian problem".

right or wrong, as long as america always sides with israel, the moslems will want america destroyed. honest.

lot of the time, i would wear the maple leaf....everybody loves canada!

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 5:43 am

My take on this.

It all boils down to if you believe in the Biblical principle that through Israel all nations can be blessed. To stand against Israel is to oppose God. A risky proposition.

I don't believe that means blind and unwavering support for everything Israel does. Certainly they have done the right things the wrong way, and fair criticism of their methodologies are appropriate.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 7:30 am

zer0netgain wrote:
My take on this.

It all boils down to if you believe in the Biblical principle that through Israel all nations can be blessed. To stand against Israel is to oppose God. A risky proposition.

I don't believe that means blind and unwavering support for everything Israel does. Certainly they have done the right things the wrong way, and fair criticism of their methodologies are appropriate.

Be careful. You are bordering on antisemitism.

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 8:39 am

Sand wrote:

Thats a joke right? Any critism of Israel is seen as anti-semitism by some people. According to those people, some Holocaust survivors are anti-semitic then.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 8:49 am

jc6chan wrote:
Sand wrote:

Thats a joke right? Any critism of Israel is seen as anti-semitism by some people. According to those people, some Holocaust survivors are anti-semitic then.

Not quite a joke but it does have it's black humor aspects.

Benny123
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Oct 2010, 9:11 am

jc6chan wrote:
Does anyone think that we should designate such an ideology as a cult? If it is a cult, it may be the largest cult in America. Seriously though, I find it real creepy especially when politicians like Hilary Clinton says things like "our support for Israel's security is unwavering and forever." While there is nothing wrong with supporting security boost (everyone wants security) no one talks about the security of Palestinians and it is because of this cult that the conflict in the middle east will never be resolved. The US pretends to be a neutral mediator sometimes but they are not. They are one-sided. The only want to "look good" in the international community by pretending to care about Palestinians.

The US already does provide training to the PA security forces. Would you rather they trained Hamas and other Palestinian groups? Maybe provide them with advanced weapons systems and cooperate on defense projects? Then, according to you, if Israel weren't able to defend itself the conflict would be resolved. (Because the Jews are dead?)

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 9:30 am

Benny123 wrote:
jc6chan wrote:

The US already does provide training to the PA security forces. Would you rather they trained Hamas and other Palestinian groups? Maybe provide them with advanced weapons systems and cooperate on defense projects? Then, according to you, if Israel weren't able to defend itself the conflict would be resolved. (Because the Jews are dead?)

Now there's an interesting idea. Perhaps it would then be a standoff and neither side would massacre.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 9:32 am

jc6chan wrote:
According to those people, some Holocaust survivors are anti-semitic then.

Especially Dr. Norman Finkelstein (not a direct survivor but his parents were and the rest of his family was wiped out).

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 11:08 am

Sand wrote:

Now there's an interesting idea. Perhaps it would then be a standoff and neither side would massacre.

In the long run the Jews (in that part of the world) are dead. Either they will be killed out right or the differential birth rate will do what bullets and bombs do not. The Muslims will out-reproduce the Jews and the Jews will be pushed out and disappear (largely) from the region. The orthodox were right to oppose the founding of the State of Israel. The Jews in the Dispersion are much safer.

ruveyn

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 11:15 am

ruveyn wrote:
Sand wrote:

In the long run the Jews (in that part of the world) are dead. Either they will be killed out right or the differential birth rate will do what bullets and bombs do not. The Muslims will out-reproduce the Jews and the Jews will be pushed out and disappear (largely) from the region. The orthodox were right to oppose the founding of the State of Israel. The Jews in the Dispersion are much safer.

ruveyn

Social experiments don't always work, unfortunately.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 2:03 pm

danandlouie wrote:
spent a few years in middle east area. 50 years ago, israel supporters bought american politicians as a way to provide for the safety of israelis. they're still doing it. there will be no peace between the palestinians and the israelis. the hate they have for each other is like an odor in the air. you can feel it, also.

we give billions each year to israel. we give billions each year to the palestinians. not sure i understand that concept.

talk to an afgan or a moroccan, or an egyptian.....they generally like americans, but hate america. they always end their diatribe with........."and of course there's the palestinian problem".

right or wrong, as long as america always sides with israel, the moslems will want america destroyed. honest.

lot of the time, i would wear the maple leaf....everybody loves canada!

With regards to the bold statement above, that would be because the Muslims in those countries want Israel destroyed and wiped off the map, and don't even recognise Israel's right to exist. Even if you don't agree with everything Israel does, that doesn't make their position any saner. By the same logic you're using to call the "unconditional support for Israel" a "cult", you can also call their unconditional support for Hamas suicide bombers and the missile bombardment of Israeli civilian areas a "cult" as well.

danandlouie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2010, 3:12 pm

to JONO.....i must assume there is some sort of language problem here.

i never called anything a 'cult'. what i stated is simple fact. i suppose you've never been to the middle east. the hatred BOTH sides feel is real. you cannot escape it.

moslems think the usa support for israel is the only thing keeping them from wiping the jews out. all the crap you hear from the news media and politicians and military is just.....well, just crap.

don't blame me for something someone else has said. blame me for something i have said and we'll argue about it. not my responsibility that others may use the word cult.

i could not care less about which side controls the big "J". i am an agnostic. no complaints about someone believing in some form of 'god'. my opinion is all RELIGIONS are evil. all of them.

JasonGone
Raven
Raven

01 Oct 2010, 3:13 pm

i find unconditional support for anything dangerous and frightening.