Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

devey
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Nov 2010, 8:15 pm

Theres this girl at university I like who I see about twice a week in class. I've known her for about a year but we haven't spoken to each other that much, which is probably my fault since I have to be very familiar with someone to feel more relaxed and comfortable with them but I've also noticed she seems to be shy around me and she is usually outgoing. I've also noticed other signs she may be interested but I can't be 100% sure. I've always doubted myself on this kind of issue-it feels to me like how can she like me when we don't talk that much? Some people can talk for hours about nothing but I've never been that type of person. Maybe I could feel more confident if I could talk to her alone but I don't really get that opportunity.

I've thought that maybe telling her friends would help but shes not really the type to make the first move. I can't just ask her to be my girlfriend but I don't know any other way to approach her. I'll see her again soon so I need some suggestions on what to do.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2010, 8:16 pm

Just make the first move, and start slowly, maybe a conversation about each other's interests.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2010, 5:16 am

devey wrote:
I've thought that maybe telling her friends would help but shes not really the type to make the first move. I can't just ask her to be my girlfriend but I don't know any other way to approach her. I'll see her again soon so I need some suggestions on what to do.

No, you can't just ask her to be your girlfriend. Not after the age of 10. You just have to ask her out. Tell her you think she's cool or interesting or intriguing or something and ask her if she'd like to get a coffee/drink/colonic/whatever with you sometime. Then you get some time alone with her.

Gremmie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2010, 5:20 am

I'd probably start by talking to her more. If you see her in class then maybe begin a conversation about a lecture or a tutorial or something. You've already got that in common and once you've had one conversation with her, starting a conversation another day will seem more normal.