Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

theexternvoid
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Nov 2010, 7:03 pm

The title of the thread is my attempt at humor. :) But I do have a serious question, all joking aside. Are there any symptoms that you believe, if one has them, mean one is NT? In other words, if I have symptom XYZ then you don't believe I can have Asperger's syndrome and therefore must be neurotypical.

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2010, 7:16 pm

Yes: Constantly plotting how to betray your many closest friends in order to gain power over them all.

theexternvoid
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Nov 2010, 7:21 pm

So I guess Stewie Griffin must be NT.

toastytoast
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Nov 2010, 7:23 pm

theexternvoid wrote:

Ha! That's hilarious. :lol:

MotownDangerPants
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2010, 8:25 pm

Not really lol, I don't think this makes much sense.

theexternvoid
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Nov 2010, 8:41 pm

MotownDangerPants wrote:
Not really lol, I don't think this makes much sense.

I actually agree. But I'm new to this and wanted to throw the thought there in case it made sense to someone else.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2010, 9:05 pm

toastytoast wrote:
theexternvoid wrote:

Ha! That's hilarious. :lol:

Lois Griffin [trying to feed Stewie broccoli airplane style]: Sweetie, it's broccoli, it's good for you. Now open up for the airplane.
Stewie Griffin: Never! Damn the broccoli, damn you, and damn the Wright brothers!
Lois Griffin: My, aren't we fussy tonight. Okay. No broccoli.
Stewie Griffin: Very well then. L...
[Lois shoves the Broccoli into his mouth. Stewie then spits it out.]
Stewie Griffin: Who the hell do you think you are?
Lois Griffin: Honey, it's not gonna go away just because you don't like it.
Stewie Griffin: Well then, my goal becomes clear: The broccoli must die.

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

ChrisVulcan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Nov 2010, 11:22 pm

ocdgirl123 wrote:
http://isnt.autistics.org/

I say this and I laughed out loud! :lol: That's great stuff!

Watch Doctor Who!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2010, 11:48 pm

Fear of sameness is a good trait.

Conformity is a good trait, as well.

How about a fear of people who is different from their same sex peers, even if they are their own children.

TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2010, 12:59 am

Using people as pawns in their social chess game.

Big smiles :D and if you don't smile the same way then there's something wrong with you.

Failure in communicating honest intentions.

Gets upset easily if you don't pretend to obey their interests and their routines meanwhile they put others down who have their own interests and routines.

May get upset and complain about drama from long ago but the moment another person has that same problem the person tells the person to get over it.

Need for a clique. A team. That team of pawns to use at their disposal and hurt people perceived of as not good enough for their standards.

Gets upset if not the center of attention. May take frustrations out on those who do not wish to be the center of attention out of fear that the person is just lying and trying to one up them or appear better than them for being so darn calm about it.

Must go hang out, must go hang out, must go hang out, must go hang out, aHH it's driving me mad if I can't go hang out!! ! I'm going crazyyyy if I can't go hang out!

Online a neurotypical may use emoticons often and in excess :lol: :( 8) 8) 8)

Everything is a giant sex meat market.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2010, 2:10 am

Get's tired of the same routines and doesn't like having them

Dislikes sameness

Uses sarcasm and humor

Doesn't use words properly that mean the dictionary definition

Failure to be honest and direct

Failure to focus on their special interests and know facts and trivia about them

Normal hearing

Normal sense of smell

Gets alarmed when someone fails to look them in the eye

Did pretend play in their childhood

Had or has friends

Wants affection and may crave it and get upset if they don't get touched or hugged

Prefers emotional support

Prefer the small talk crap like "What's up" "Hows the weather?"

Wants people to fake being interested in what they are saying

Prefers to be lied to

Responds to pain eg. burning your finger on a hot stove or cutting your finger

Amajanshi
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2010, 2:37 am

TheygoMew wrote:
Using people as pawns in their social chess game.

Big smiles :D and if you don't smile the same way then there's something wrong with you.

Failure in communicating honest intentions.

Gets upset easily if you don't pretend to obey their interests and their routines meanwhile they put others down who have their own interests and routines.

May get upset and complain about drama from long ago but the moment another person has that same problem the person tells the person to get over it.

Need for a clique. A team. That team of pawns to use at their disposal and hurt people perceived of as not good enough for their standards.

Gets upset if not the center of attention. May take frustrations out on those who do not wish to be the center of attention out of fear that the person is just lying and trying to one up them or appear better than them for being so darn calm about it.

Must go hang out, must go hang out, must go hang out, must go hang out, aHH it's driving me mad if I can't go hang out!! ! I'm going crazyyyy if I can't go hang out!

Online a neurotypical may use emoticons often and in excess :lol: :( 8) 8) 8)

Everything is a giant sex meat market.

+1 ! !!

Amajanshi
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2010, 2:37 am

League_Girl wrote:
Get's tired of the same routines and doesn't like having them

Dislikes sameness

Uses sarcasm and humor

Doesn't use words properly that mean the dictionary definition

Failure to be honest and direct

Failure to focus on their special interests and know facts and trivia about them

Normal hearing

Normal sense of smell

Gets alarmed when someone fails to look them in the eye

Did pretend play in their childhood

Had or has friends

Wants affection and may crave it and get upset if they don't get touched or hugged

Prefers emotional support

Prefer the small talk crap like "What's up" "Hows the weather?"

Wants people to fake being interested in what they are saying

Prefers to be lied to

Responds to pain eg. burning your finger on a hot stove or cutting your finger

+1 as well!

ediself
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2010, 3:32 am

Quote:
Dr. Olympia Johnton-Newt, M.D., Ph.D., DNA, OCT, OT, CCCP
Director of Research at the Australian Institute of Biological Neurosport and Certified Neurodontist.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kon
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2011, 11:18 pm

I found this in a SAD forum. I found it funny:

I) Qualitative impairment in social interaction, as manifested by at least two of the following:

A) Marked impairment in the use of multiple nonverbal behaviours such as intense, intrusive eye-to-eye gaze, changeable facial expressions (as manifested by frequent smiling with display of teeth), effusive gesturing and open body postures

B) A focus on shallow, temporary social relationships in excessive quantities at the expense of important daily activities (for example, work), characterised by excessive mundane conversation (i.e. "chit-chat")

C) Excessive spontaneous seeking to share enjoyment and achievements with other people ("showing off")

D) A lack of empathy and understanding towards those who do not behave the same way, and tendency to bully, ostracise, or exclude

E) Hyposensitivity in multiple sensory modalities and in socio-emotional interaction

(II) Restricted repetitive & stereotyped patterns of behavior, interests and activities, as manifested by at least one of the following:

A) Encompassing preoccupation with one or more stereotyped and restricted socially orientated patterns of interest that is abnormal either in intensity or focus

B) Apparently inflexible adherence to specific, nonfunctional routines or rituals, such as mass gatherings around events considered to be of national or sporting significance, frequent messaging and calling of friends, and creating unnecessary, excessive noise at every opportunity (e.g. loud music in shops)

C) persistent preoccupation with generalisations at the expense of accuracy and attention to detail

(III) The disturbance causes clinically significant impairments in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning to those who do not fit the above criteria and general occupational impairment in those who do