An apology, and a new beginning.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

nilescrane
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2010, 7:24 pm

Some of you might remember me as TheRange or ForeverYoung. I certainly don't want to remember any of those days.

No preaching this time, other than that bitterness doesn't make your dating/sex life any better. Yes, women have it easier in finding a partner, no one's disputing that. But women have a tough time finding someone who actually likes them long-term, not just someone using them for sex...so both sexes have it tough.

I was in a bad place when I was posting here, in particular the last month or so, when I was begging women on dating sites to have sex and getting mad at them if they didn't like me.

Like Janissy told me...women can rely on looks to get sex, men can't. The fact that I'm arguably average to decent looking means nothing to women, especially given my sub-par social skills compared to extroverts. The only guys that can get recreational sex from women without alcohol and partying involved are perfect 10 hunky men or men with something that women can have in return, not just being "not ugly."

I'm now willing to do the work to get what I want. I don't desire a long term relationship, not because I'm anti-relationship, but because I know how much work is involved and I'm not mature enough and not interested at the moment to begin with.

I am willing to talk to women as people, enjoy their company outside of bed as well as inside, and treat them as equals.

I've been browsing the love and dating occasionally and am disappointed to see the hatred on both sides as well as the needless arguing and bitterness. It's not going to get you where you want to be.

I'm happy to be back on here, will not be posting in Love and Dating too much. I know what I have to do in that department, I'm more concerned with the more productive General Autism Discussion forum.

I just thought I owed an apology and explanation to the people I offended, male and female.

Last edited by nilescrane on 17 Nov 2010, 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2010, 7:26 pm

I remember you

LittleTigger
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2010, 7:54 pm

I gived up on love/dating junk a long time ago,

It is not for me, I'd rather catch toads
and play in the mud and catch bugs.

I'm happier this way.

When society stops expecting
too much from me, I will
stop disappointing them.

nthach
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2010, 9:45 pm

Welcome back man.

nilescrane
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2010, 2:49 am

I haven't kept my promise about not posting in love and dating...it's addictive and there's a reason there are a lot of debates on it.

I just want to clarify that while sometimes I say things that can be interpreted differently...I don't hate women and have no resentment toward them. There's a difference between occasional women-bashing in jest and the kind of hatred some posters (including myself a couple months ago) project.

I have controversial opinions and sometimes perception is reality for me. If I say certain types of attractive women should be avoided...I'm not saying that they are horrible people that don't deserve to live...I'm saying that certain people date certain people.

And it shouldn't come as a surprise that men rate women on the 10 scale. I didn't invent it, and I'm not the first or last person to do it. And it doesn't automatically make a guy a jerk for doing so.

The 10 scale is just for argument's sake. Guy says to his friend "I met this pretty girl" the friend says "What are we talking here on the 10 scale?"...it's guy talk. Just like a lot of women have that sex and the city type of talk.

I'm also not anti-relationship whatsoever. I just realize from my limited experience, how much work is involved, and how it isn't black and white...boy meets girl and they fall in love forever. It's a job of sorts, only it can be rewarding.

I'm also very disgusted by the "women are sex objects" posts on here and don't want to be associated with them. I take full responsbility for what I said the last couple weeks as ForeverYoung, and believe me, I'm disgusted with myself more than anyone else is. I became, for even a brief period, the guy I always hated.

My advice I've been giving is to give guys a reality check...that they should find someone similar to them. Not that women are snobby for rejecting them.

BPalmer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2010, 3:31 am

nilescrane wrote:
My advice I've been giving is to give guys a reality check...that they should find someone similar to them.

And that reality is not particularly pleasant to face up to, because it means if you're an undesirable loser, you'll probably only find another undesirable loser. Bleak, but true.

nilescrane
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2010, 4:03 am

Well, they're only harming themselves, and they are a potential threat to society if one day they decide that women as a whole are to blame and they pull a George Sodini.

There are certain guys on here that always post about wanting a woman out of their league, or getting rejected by a woman out of their league, and they are admittedly sub-par looking or they have pictures on their avatars and are in complete denial that they are below average to the majority of women.

Making friends with reality, while a difficult thing to do, is for the best.

I had to face reality that while I'm not physically ugly to the majority of women, that I'm not hot or a model to most if any women either. I also had to face that there are women that would find me "not ugly" but would also find me creepy due to my mannerisms and want nothing to do with me. I'm lucky enough that some women find me cute/handsome enough to want to date me or give me a chance. And I no longer take it personally when I get rejected.

Last edited by nilescrane on 02 Dec 2010, 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

BPalmer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2010, 4:08 am

nilescrane wrote:
Well, they're only harming themselves, and they are a potential threat to society if one day they decide that women as a whole are to blame and they pull a George Sodini.

But the vast majority don't (thankfully!).