Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 8:56 pm

C'mon you know it's true, this stuff is in every anime opening sequence ever made!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibPCLMH1NM4[/youtube]

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 9:35 pm

That video is totally true!

I may not watch much anime, but from what I have seen, there seems to be all those elements demonstrated in the video within each opening theme.

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 9:39 pm

Very recognisable, does gives a kick those speeding scenes!

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 11:00 pm

That is completely true. I can even think of a few more anime that weren't included in the video.

I like the choice of song as well.

Dnuos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 11:05 pm

Well, some of those have a dramatic effect (although some are admittedly clichéd), and if it ain't broke don't fix it. :P It works a lot of the time for that effect; and I'm guessing that for the people who draw animate the openings, those kinds of scenes just come automatically to them.

holy_littleanimekid
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Nov 2010, 12:50 am

who made this I been trying to learn to make amvs for long time

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2010, 5:41 am

Oh so this site too is showcaseing this video, I already noted this on another site.

Well first off I will add that it is not quite cliche, this video actually more shows the artistic methods used: Running often means adventure, action or a goal (possibly destiny), flying means freedom or something to do with peace, turning back can mean resolve, two people coming at or passing each other can mean these two people's fates crossing paths. Well I have not really studied art so I can not say for a lot of them.

More then just copy and pasting things from old shows they are meant to actually meant to symbolise things, and understanding the symbolism makes it more then a bunch of cool images. Also some openings may differ from what is used in this video because they purposly try to be different, for example the anime studio SHAFT often tries to be very artistic and I think there was actually very few SHAFT anime in the video.

Chevand
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2010, 2:55 am

Haha, too true, too true! Although, there were a few opening sequences that I noticed were absent, from some series I enjoy. Cowboy Bebop was represented, but I noticed Watanabe's other series Samurai Champloo was not-- perhaps because its opening sequence was quite different in approach from the cliché presented here. Same with Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. Perhaps I missed a clip pulled from the second season (though I doubt it), but I'm certain the first season opening was not here-- it would have been quite noticeable, because the first season opening was completely produced using 3D computer animation, and no traditional anime at all. Lastly, I didn't see the late Satoshi Kon's Paranoia Agent (a greatly underrated series), likely because it too was a bit outside the usual anime tropes. I think some anime artists acknowledge there's a stylistic rut into which they've been pigeonholed, and luckily there are those who react against it to try to expand their medium beyond the preconceptions.

Point is, it's not every anime opening ever made-- but pretty darn close. :P

KaiG
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 2:02 pm

After seeing that clip on Kotaku, I was struck by the beautiful visuals of one of the anime openings showcased within. As a result, I'm now two thirds through Eureka Seven, and loving it. Thanks Every Anime Opening Ever Made guy!