Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Megz
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2010, 2:27 am

People who know me moderately well I think fear/respect me. I don't usually think of fear and respect as related, but in this case I think it makes people take me seriously. I find it amusing how much I can intimidate certain people with empty threats. Note I only do this when someone messes with me first, I'm not a bully. I've never been in a physical fight. I remember one time in high school, a group of guys were hanging out in a class room, I was walking down the hall. I was already in a very bad mood for a variety of reasons. One guy that I was friendly aquaintences with said something, I don't even remember what it was, but he completely meant it as a friendly joke. I kind of flipped :twisted: He is fairly small for a guy. I slammed him against the wall, and I happened to have my car keys in my hand. I had my key about half an inch from his eye, and I told him quite clearly that I didn't appreciate his comments and I would prefer if he never did that again (now that I think about it I might have been smiling, wow I sound creepy 8O ). It really shocked all those guys because I'm usually very calm, at least on the outside. None of them messed with me again (the last month of my high school career), including the guy that teased me the most and is at least 6 inches taller than me who could have easily shoved me across the room. Makes me wish I had done it sooner. Another quote about me I overheard once: "She can have a smile on her face and still cooperate with you while planning your murder that she would get away with." Wow those make me sound like a violent person, but I'm really not. I think most people respect me for my intelligence.

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2010, 2:34 pm

I think it's just my quality of being that puts people off and makes them uncomfortable.

It's also entirely possible I am missing cues that someone else would readily pick up on.

GrimmRomance
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Dec 2010, 3:35 pm

I think I can be intimidating at times, but why that is is beyond me. I'm 161cm, got very large, doe eyes (my friends' and familiy's words. xD) and my voice is very light and I never raise my voice. ô_ô It's not like I've got spiders crawling out of my eye sockets.
These days the county has decided that I have to speak with this man, who's supposed to evaluate me. He practically crouches in his chair when I speak, and looks at me with these big frightened eyes. People seem uneasy around me. Lord knows why. :/

IceKitten
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Dec 2010, 3:51 pm

Generally, I can't say they are afraid of me. People masterfully rank above me.
I'm so introverted that I don't pose a threat to them.

But when I get my tantrums ... :roll: that's another story. They get huge eyes, their voice changes and if I approach them, they back off like sheep. :lol:
"Calm down, I'm here, I'm here... no, keep away. Keep away! 8O Everything will be fine."

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2010, 3:51 pm

Ive seen pencils thicker than me. Im about as scary as a .10 cent water gun, I have all the characteristics of the big scary one but everyone just sees me as another toy.