Autism is not something to be cured! AGREE? OR DISAGREE?

Page 5 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Is Autism something to be cured?
Yes, cure autism, destroy our aspie + others culture, and make us all like them 20%  20%  [ 13 ]
No, we should value ourselves as we are, and get treatment instead of a cure 80%  80%  [ 51 ]
Total votes : 64

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 5:28 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Clicked the link and either the page is gone or the link is broken...

That said I don't think it is something to be cured, it is possible to function better and still have autism...that and most cures I can fathom seem like quite dangerous and invasive treatments that likely wouldn't be worth it. I don't really feel like there is a specific autism spectrum culture though...I mean we all have differing interests and don't really have any sort of cultural thing in common, just simularities in how we function.

Sweetleaf, this thread is over 4 years old----and while I feel it is still a relevant topic, I thought you'd wanna know that the people you're responding to, are probably no longer here----and also, probably, why the link doesn't work.

In response to the topic: I think if there were ever a cure, that people should be able to CHOOSE what is the right "avenue", for THEM.

I wish people would stop bringing-up these old threads! If you see an old thread that you like, start a NEW one----cuz it makes people feel like idiots when they respond to people who haven't been around, for years----and besides, this topic has been gone-over a MILLION times.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 5:54 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Clicked the link and either the page is gone or the link is broken...

That said I don't think it is something to be cured, it is possible to function better and still have autism...that and most cures I can fathom seem like quite dangerous and invasive treatments that likely wouldn't be worth it. I don't really feel like there is a specific autism spectrum culture though...I mean we all have differing interests and don't really have any sort of cultural thing in common, just simularities in how we function.

Sweetleaf, this thread is over 4 years old----and while I feel it is still a relevant topic, I thought you'd wanna know that the people you're responding to, are probably no longer here----and also, probably, why the link doesn't work.

In response to the topic: I think if there were ever a cure, that people should be able to CHOOSE what is the right "avenue", for THEM.

I wish people would stop bringing-up these old threads! If you see an old thread that you like, start a NEW one----cuz it makes people feel like idiots when they respond to people who haven't been around, for years----and besides, this topic has been gone-over a MILLION times.

Grrr I wish someone would fix that, not sure how old threads keep ending up in the first pages of forums so they look like new topics...

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 6:02 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:

These older threads appear under "Similar Topics". If you are upset about this (people bringing up old threads), I suggest you give feedback to Alex (who I assume has final say on all functional changes to WP). My guess is that this "feature" is intentional as it increases site activity (which, leads to more revenue, through advertising).