Is there a need for a Christian Autism/Asperger's forum?

Page 4 of 6 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2011, 11:20 pm

JakobVirgil wrote:
Scythe wrote:
Ok you made your point. You hate Christians because you have this idea that they are all the same. You hate something you don't agree with. I have seen little to no evidence or facts you have sprouted out but generalizations. You think yourself a guru like most people yet for everything you respond with is filled with anger. I need to just let go that people will forever think in such a manner (no matter what their belief system is). My mistake is sinking to the level of generalizations from time to time.

As for getting things done I don't see it any better then Christians as the people I have known of that belief system are more concerned with spreading the idea of the evil of religion just as many Christians spread their I'm right your wrong crap. Its more like ranting ON AND ON AND ON about the system being corrupt and evil and oppression this and oppression. I am not sure how that is progress. Its something BOTH sides do and I know you don't believe that and think that you are all knowing but frankly can you at least admit to the fact that people of any belief system or lack of one are subject to human frailty and mistakes.

I am just tired of constantly being attacked. It is frustrating. Normally I tried to avoid these discussions as it always leads to this same stupid result. I was not attacking you but disagreeing with what you came to conclude. Frankly Please do not take me out of context. Not everyone who has a religious belief acts as you say. To say something like that is to claim to be omnipotent. As for cutting Christian crap that is an opinion as I have as yet to hear a credible argument from an atheist that deserves merit BUT I respect that they have an opinion and agree to disagree. You are not god and you carry yourself as irrefutable.

Btw the cut and paste method is the worst example of taking one out of context and trying to make the person a villain. Lets agree to disagree because I don't think this is going anywhere.

Who are you talking to?

It does not seem to matter. Maybe he thinks that we're all alike? One of those "Theory of Mind" issues, perhaps...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2011, 4:27 pm

JakobVirgil wrote:
Scythe wrote:
Ok you made your point. You hate Christians because you have this idea that they are all the same. You hate something you don't agree with. I have seen little to no evidence or facts you have sprouted out but generalizations. You think yourself a guru like most people yet for everything you respond with is filled with anger. I need to just let go that people will forever think in such a manner (no matter what their belief system is). My mistake is sinking to the level of generalizations from time to time.

As for getting things done I don't see it any better then Christians as the people I have known of that belief system are more concerned with spreading the idea of the evil of religion just as many Christians spread their I'm right your wrong crap. Its more like ranting ON AND ON AND ON about the system being corrupt and evil and oppression this and oppression. I am not sure how that is progress. Its something BOTH sides do and I know you don't believe that and think that you are all knowing but frankly can you at least admit to the fact that people of any belief system or lack of one are subject to human frailty and mistakes.

I am just tired of constantly being attacked. It is frustrating. Normally I tried to avoid these discussions as it always leads to this same stupid result. I was not attacking you but disagreeing with what you came to conclude. Frankly Please do not take me out of context. Not everyone who has a religious belief acts as you say. To say something like that is to claim to be omnipotent. As for cutting Christian crap that is an opinion as I have as yet to hear a credible argument from an atheist that deserves merit BUT I respect that they have an opinion and agree to disagree. You are not god and you carry yourself as irrefutable.

Btw the cut and paste method is the worst example of taking one out of context and trying to make the person a villain. Lets agree to disagree because I don't think this is going anywhere.

Who are you talking to?

Do not be ignorant he is talking to you and way to generalize that all Christians are the way you think they are and most Christians do not bash atheists unless the atheist is giving them a reason to :roll:

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2011, 4:46 pm

[quote="nissa_amas_katoj"]I've noticed that whenever I've mentioned that I'm a Christian here on wrong planet I'm assaulted by mocking atheists. It reminds me of when I was a kid being bullied for being different.

/quote]

It is very impolite for people to mock you for being foolish.

ruveyn

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2011, 4:54 pm

Volodja wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
I know I've head the suggestion that PPR be split before, with politics and personal philosophy being separated from religion so that the religious and the non-religious would only encounter each other by design. I don't think this is a bad idea, the two types often don't get along all that well.

But the non-religious people would still post in Religion.

And? Freedom of speech 101. Anyone is allowed to talk about any sensible topic freely. Last time I checked Religion isn't goatse. So anyone can talk about it. And even if religion were goatse, which it isn't, that would mean noone would be able to talk about it.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2011, 4:56 pm

Volodja wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
I know I've head the suggestion that PPR be split before, with politics and personal philosophy being separated from religion so that the religious and the non-religious would only encounter each other by design. I don't think this is a bad idea, the two types often don't get along all that well.

But the non-religious people would still post in Religion.

And? Freedom of speech 101. Anyone is allowed to talk about any sensible topic freely. Last time I checked Religion isn't goatse. So anyone can talk about it. And even if religion were goatse, which it isn't, that would mean noone would be able to talk about it.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2011, 4:58 pm

ruveyn wrote:
nissa_amas_katoj wrote:
I've noticed that whenever I've mentioned that I'm a Christian here on wrong planet I'm assaulted by mocking atheists. It reminds me of when I was a kid being bullied for being different.

It is very impolite for people to mock you for being foolish.

ruveyn

It's impolite to mock someone for their beliefs. I am an atheist. You should only mock someone for bad actions. As far as I am concerned I am fine with Christians as long as they don't bother me.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2011, 5:11 pm

Joker wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:
Scythe wrote:

Who are you talking to?

Do not be ignorant he is talking to you and way to generalize that all Christians are the way you think they are and most Christians do not bash atheists unless the atheist is giving them a reason to :roll:

Are you sure? Because as a strict apthiest I am quite certain I can not get up enough energy
to bash a xtian just for being I xtian. It must be some kinda weird projection thing.
I believe in NOMA the idea that religion and science should not be in the business of commenting on each other.
his remarks and construction of who I am is so oblique.
He just does not get me :cry: :lol:

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2011, 5:13 pm

Scythe wrote:
Ok you made your point. You hate Christians because you have this idea that they are all the same.

He didn't say that, so speculation fallacy.

Scythe wrote:
You hate something you don't agree with.

Ad hominem and speculation fallacy.
Scythe wrote:
I have seen little to no evidence or facts you have sprouted out but generalizations.

Like where? I don't think that saying that people shouldn't whine about being opressed in a society that they dominate counts as generalization. In fact it's sanity.

Scythe wrote:
You think yourself a guru like most people yet for everything you respond with is filled with anger.

He never thought that or said that. The amount of speculation here is just getting arrogant now.

Scythe wrote:
I need to just let go that people will forever think in such a manner (no matter what their belief system is). My mistake is sinking to the level of generalizations from time to time.

People make gewneralizations about atheists more than they do about christians. What really gets Atheist's hackles up is when Christians say that atheists are arrogant, but then constantly presume what Atheists think, or believe, without proof. It's a bigotry and hypocrisy against atheists ingrained in the Bible and to be honest disgraceful.

Scythe wrote:
As for getting things done I don't see it any better then Christians as the people I have known of that belief system are more concerned with spreading the idea of the evil of religion just as many Christians spread their I'm right your wrong crap,

What does this even mean? I am speaking from a neutral viewpoint here. This is irrelevant because it suggests that the previous poster even talked about religion being evil at all.
Scythe wrote:
Its more like ranting ON AND ON AND ON about the system being corrupt and evil and oppression this and oppression.

Forget neutrality, this is getting hilariously defensive. This is like reading McClellan call Lee timid.

Scythe wrote:
I am not sure how that is progress. Its something BOTH sides do and I know you don't believe that and think that you are all knowing but frankly can you at least admit to the fact that people of any belief system or lack of one are subject to human frailty and mistakes.

He never said anything about human frailty, or how bad a certain religion was, or indeed anything like that in the previous post. He said that people shouldn't claim to be oppressed in a society that they dominate.

Scythe wrote:
I am just tired of constantly being attacked. It is frustrating.

That's fine for sure. No problem with that. It's just to be honest quite annoying when you accuse people of doing that when they don't.

Scythe wrote:
Normally I tried to avoid these discussions as it always leads to this same stupid result. I was not attacking you but disagreeing with what you came to conclude. Frankly Please do not take me out of context. Not everyone who has a religious belief acts as you say.

Well if this is actually true then Scythe just scythed through the guy he was replying to. I want to see it though.

Scythe wrote:
To say something like that is to claim to be omnipotent. As for cutting Christian crap that is an opinion as I have as yet to hear a credible argument from an atheist that deserves merit BUT I respect that they have an opinion and agree to disagree. You are not god and you carry yourself as irrefutable.

Same as above.

Scythe wrote:
Cut and paste is a form of direct quotiation, which is irrefutable proof of someone making a point. The problem is selectively made quotation, where people edit bits in or out. That's wrong. So far I see no proof of this either.

fotojunkie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Oct 2011, 6:12 pm

I think the utter nonsense that transpired from one single post just solidified the case for the need for a Christian board.

YES, Christian Aspies need our own board. When we don't have our own space to discuss substantive issues (i.e. spiritual growth,salvation, witnessing, etc.), the devil uses tools, many of which have boldly shown themselves on here, to try to disrupt and attack us.

YES, Christian Aspies need our own space where we are not attacked, where we can have intelligent discussions and where we are not subjected to the spiritual pollution that seeps in and attempts to undermine our purpose, our growth.

Understand the intent of these "tools." They are just pawns, they are being used by the enemy to inhibit discussion and growth. They want to intimidate and prevent people from having conversations that will further their understanding and facilitate their spiritual growth.

This is a Christian Aspie forum http://christian-aspie-forum.com
It is just for Aspies, by Aspies. Anyone who starts this type of heckling and harassing nonsense will be dealt with swiftly. If they can't be respectful they will e banned.

Right now, you are in a pit of vipers who serve the enemy - sad thing is, most of them aren't even aware enough to realize this, that they are being used, that they are nothing more than puppets, tools.

Very sad.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2011, 6:41 pm

fotojunkie wrote:
I think the utter nonsense that transpired from one single post just solidified the case for the need for a Christian board.

YES, Christian Aspies need our own board. When we don't have our own space to discuss substantive issues (i.e. spiritual growth,salvation, witnessing, etc.), the devil uses tools, many of which have boldly shown themselves on here, to try to disrupt and attack us.

YES, Christian Aspies need our own space where we are not attacked, where we can have intelligent discussions and where we are not subjected to the spiritual pollution that seeps in and attempts to undermine our purpose, our growth.

Understand the intent of these "tools." They are just pawns, they are being used by the enemy to inhibit discussion and growth. They want to intimidate and prevent people from having conversations that will further their understanding and facilitate their spiritual growth.

This is a Christian Aspie forum http://christian-aspie-forum.com
It is just for Aspies, by Aspies. Anyone who starts this type of heckling and harassing nonsense will be dealt with swiftly. If they can't be respectful they will e banned.

Right now, you are in a pit of vipers who serve the enemy - sad thing is, most of them aren't even aware enough to realize this, that they are being used, that they are nothing more than puppets, tools.

Very sad.

Are Mormons, Adventists and Jehovah's Witnesses welcome?
What about Unitarians and Quakers?

fotojunkie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Oct 2011, 6:58 pm

If they are Christians and they aren't trouble makers, they are welcome. Anyone who is not offended by discussion about Christian topics and who can act like an intelligent adult as opposed to a juvenile trying to stir up trouble is welcome.

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2011, 7:01 pm

fotojunkie wrote:

Cool!

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2011, 7:13 pm

fotojunkie wrote:
If they are Christians and they aren't trouble makers, they are welcome. Anyone who is not offended by discussion about Christian topics and who can act like an intelligent adult as opposed to a juvenile trying to stir up trouble is welcome.

are they Christians?

Scythe
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Oct 2011, 7:25 pm

Gedren I respect your belief as to being atheist. I do not agree with your counter arguments as they are a batch of opinions and not looking at the entire conversation. It was to more than one. My problem is the consistent insults of people of religious beliefs and they are spread throughout this discussion. I brought up a point, that is not an attack. As for whining about persecution their is a lot more law suits and complaining and whining against people of the Christian faith then their are Christians complaining about persecution themselves.

Does not matter what I say though as their will be a consistent attempt to take what I say out of context. Take small excerpts of what I have said and twist it around to suit you and change the meaning of what I am saying in order to demonize me. The point I am making is this very means of how what I am saying is responded to. Not to create trouble making but to point out an immature group who responds according to what their extreme ideas. Jacob it is you who do not understand what I am saying. It is a severe problem with communication as most of what you say is an attack. As for being defensive it is only diverting unprovoked attacks. I could go back and cut and paste plenty just like you if you want and it would be easy to point out what I am saying.

Jacob you are so far left field you are out of the park. Anything remotely conservative makes you angry and throw out insults and personal attacks. I can bring up many examples of that. Its hard to take something you say serious when you do not even convey the tiniest little information that you might be wrong or will consider something. This does prove the need to create a more familiar forum for those of like minded ideas as anything that is Christian that is said is considered foolish and automatically ret*d. That is the problem is the trolls who are consistent in their intolerance for a belief system.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2011, 7:39 pm

Scythe wrote:
Gedren I respect your belief as to being atheist. I do not agree with your counter arguments as they are a batch of opinions and not looking at the entire conversation. It was to more than one. My problem is the consistent insults of people of religious beliefs and they are spread throughout this discussion. I brought up a point, that is not an attack. As for whining about persecution their is a lot more law suits and complaining and whining against people of the Christian faith then their are Christians complaining about persecution themselves.

Does not matter what I say though as their will be a consistent attempt to take what I say out of context. Take small excerpts of what I have said and twist it around to suit you and change the meaning of what I am saying in order to demonize me. The point I am making is this very means of how what I am saying is responded to. Not to create trouble making but to point out an immature group who responds according to what their extreme ideas. Jacob it is you who do not understand what I am saying. It is a severe problem with communication as most of what you say is an attack. As for being defensive it is only diverting unprovoked attacks. I could go back and cut and paste plenty just like you if you want and it would be easy to point out what I am saying.

Jacob you are so far left field you are out of the park. Anything remotely conservative makes you angry and throw out insults and personal attacks. I can bring up many examples of that. Its hard to take something you say serious when you do not even convey the tiniest little information that you might be wrong or will consider something. This does prove the need to create a more familiar forum for those of like minded ideas as anything that is Christian that is said is considered foolish and automatically ret*d. That is the problem is the trolls who are consistent in their intolerance for a belief system.

What are you talking about?
What do I cut and paste?
Are you sure you are talking to the right person?
I have never shown a dislike for Xtians.
You need to get a grasp.

fotojunkie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Oct 2011, 7:54 pm

shrox wrote:
fotojunkie wrote:

Cool!

:D See you there!