Page 1 of 8 [ 115 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2010, 10:04 am

I am fat. I actually was losing weight earlier this year, but ever since Thanksgiving I've gone back to eating too much. Although I resolve to eat less and exercise more this upcoming year, I don't think I'll lose enough weight to stop being fat by the end of 2011 unless I work out to death. I think that my obesity is scaring girls away. Making my problem worse is that I am not attracted to fat women at all. I want my woman to have a much healthier weight than I do, yet I've been told that fat people pair up better with other fat people. Is there any chance that a woman with a healthy weight will fall for me?

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2010, 10:05 am

I personally am attracted to skinny guys.
But I know lots of women who prefer men who are bigger.

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2010, 10:20 am

A woman with a healthy weight FALLING for you...sorry, I couldn't resist. I'm not trying to offend, but the wording amused me.

gingerpig
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Dec 2010, 10:31 am

I'm married to one and love him very much! I'm not thin about 11 stone at 5 ft 5 inches but not obese either.

Geist
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Dec 2010, 10:48 am

I think it's more of mental match... meaning.. Thin people tend to be strong-willed about working out and what and how they eat - they stick with it. You mention that you give up and go back to eating how much you like, etc. Can people who are focused, motivated and energetic live happily with people who are not (same other way 'round)? Eating and exercise levels are a part of the way a person lives.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2010, 11:01 am

One thing I can recommend for you: Boresha B-Skinny Coffee. I put on a lot of fat as I got older, no matter what I did. I started drinking Boresha coffee, just one cup a day, and my fat is magically disappearing.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2010, 11:23 am

Well I'm fat, well stick with the facts I'm technically morbidly obesse going via bmi scale

Although I'm nowhere near as fat as I used to be (my peak weight was 24 stone that would have made me 300+) I'm just above 20 stone now which is about 280 ibs

It never seems to have been an obstacle towards relationships or offers coming my way. But I guess i get away with it because im tall and built for a large frame so a lot of my excess flab is perhaps more flattering then if I had the stereotype apple shape that fat people are normally associated with.

Still no harm loosing more weight in 2011 I like the energy boost that comes with weight loss. Its all win win to work towards sustainable weight loss

Didacticity
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Dec 2010, 11:31 am

Geist wrote:
I think it's more of mental match... meaning.. Thin people tend to be strong-willed about working out and what and how they eat - they stick with it. You mention that you give up and go back to eating how much you like, etc. Can people who are focused, motivated and energetic live happily with people who are not (same other way 'round)? Eating and exercise levels are a part of the way a person lives.

Stating that fat people are unfocused, unmotivated, and unenergetic is unwarranted and aggressive. To turn things around on you, I would ask that you be more rigorous in your attitude, because based on that comment you promote generalized, overly-popular, and thoughtless stereotypes.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2010, 11:47 am

Didacticity wrote:
Geist wrote:

Stating that fat people are unfocused, unmotivated, and unenergetic is unwarranted and aggressive. To turn things around on you, I would ask that you be more rigorous in your attitude, because based on that comment you promote generalized, overly-popular, and thoughtless stereotypes.

+1

to the OP, it's really hard to say, because every woman has her own personal taste. however, if you are so picky as to overlook women who are bigger, then you can hardly blame women for overlooking you for the same reason.

personally, i find self-assurance (about the body) attractive. a person who is unashamedly fat and who carries him/herself with confidence, and who does not apologize for his/her weight is way sexier than someone who is battling with his/her weight. it's great if a person is already thin or is actually losing weight too - but in my mind "trying" is completely different from "doing".

i lost 75 lbs over the last 5 years, and if i cared about society's standards i should lose another 60 lbs or so, but i have loved my body at every stage along the way. if i lose more weight, then great! if i don't lose any more weight, then great! i am fabulous either way.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2010, 11:50 am

Well, I'm a chubby girl myself and I'm dating a chubby guy. We both have a love for food and each other. So we're supporting each other in our exercise and diet so we can become sexy for each other. There are some girls that like a bigger guy because they are cuddlier IMO. :)

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2010, 12:04 pm

BrandonSP wrote:
Is there any chance that a woman with a healthy weight will fall for me?

Is there any chance that you will fall for someone fatter than you?

Unfortunately women are less likely than men to care about weight/size in a potential mate, but if you wouldn't accept someone because she's fat you really shouldn't expect anyone to accept you because you're fat. :roll:

Quote:
I put on a lot of fat as I got older, no matter what I did. I started drinking Boresha coffee, just one cup a day, and my fat is magically disappearing.

What the hell.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2010, 12:07 pm

I think he's their spokesman

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2010, 12:09 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
to the OP, it's really hard to say, because every woman has her own personal taste. however, if you are so picky as to overlook women who are bigger, then you can hardly blame women for overlooking you for the same reason.

menintights wrote:
Unfortunately women are less likely than men to care about weight/size in a potential mate, but if you wouldn't accept someone because she's fat you really shouldn't expect anyone to accept you because you're fat. :roll:

hey look - we are almost twins.

Geist
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Dec 2010, 12:24 pm

Didacticity wrote:
Geist wrote:

My statement was unwarranted and aggressive? Is that a defensive comment? You should re-read my post.

jagatai
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2010, 12:32 pm

My brother is fairly heavy, although he wears it well, and his wife seems to like him well enough. The subject came up in a discussion when I mentioned I needed to lose weight and his wife said she kind of prefered guys who had a little weight on them. But then again, when she and my brother started dating, my brother was at a more normal weight. I think her point of view is shaped by the fact that she loves him for who he is and accepts the weight as part of the deal.

The way I see it is you tend to see the people that you like as attractive. If you don't know much about a person, you are likely to put more importance on physical features, but as you learn more about their personality and get to like them more, the physical features become more appealing even if you would have disliked them had you known nothing about the person.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2010, 12:43 pm

Laz wrote:
Well I'm fat, well stick with the facts I'm technically morbidly obesse going via bmi scale

Although I'm nowhere near as fat as I used to be (my peak weight was 24 stone that would have made me 300+) I'm just above 20 stone now which is about 280 ibs

It never seems to have been an obstacle towards relationships or offers coming my way. But I guess i get away with it because im tall and built for a large frame so a lot of my excess flab is perhaps more flattering then if I had the stereotype apple shape that fat people are normally associated with.

Still no harm loosing more weight in 2011 I like the energy boost that comes with weight loss. Its all win win to work towards sustainable weight loss

BMI isnt accurate, I quit using it as a reference all together. Id rather recommend people go to a place where you can get an actual body fat % reading done. Much more accurate and it takes skeletal structure and whatnot into account far more. My BMI is 26, but my %fat is 14%. for men 20-40ish ideal is around 15%, 20-25% being the line for overweightness depending on who you ask.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/