Page 2520 of 2535 [ 40554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2517, 2518, 2519, 2520, 2521, 2522, 2523 ... 2535  Next

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2024, 4:49 am

Fireblossom wrote:
For a long time, and honestly, somewhat even now, words like "networking" and "connections" sound like something bad people do, unfair things that people use to get things they don't really deserve and only end up getting because they've sucked up to the right people.

Yes! I always felt the same. Like it was somehow dirty, or underhand to 'network' the way you're advised to if you want to get anywhere in life. I always felt like that's why I can't do it, because it feels dirty. Because there's no way I'd be talking to them if I wasn't hoping to get something out of it.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2024, 7:39 am

^ Making a friend who opens a door to a job opportunity could be considered as networking. Some people purposely set out to try to take shortcuts like that to achieve better job opportunities and such and some people even try to do sexual favours for one another to get better jobs.

It seems morally wrong, especially for autistic people who aren't socially minded like that, but apparently some NT's do engage in this type of behaviour.

ocean
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2024, 8:50 am

can anyone explain this to me?...you know that Forrest Gump quote "life is like a box of chocolates...you never know what you're gonna get"...i never understood that...dont boxes of chocolate have pictures of the chocolate thats in the box?

you're the one whose losing

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2024, 9:04 am

Yeah I never understand that but I never look at the chocolate menu anyway so it usually is a surprise for me but I only don't look at the menu when it's a box of chocolates that I'm familiar with so ultimately I do usually have a good idea of what I'm gonna get

Also when did hair dryers become so flipping expensive

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2024, 9:05 am

Also yeah I'm not a networker really although I don't and never have considered it to be a dirty word...its just something I've never done. It's not really my scene

ocean
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2024, 9:10 am

babybird wrote:
Yeah I never understand that but I never look at the chocolate menu anyway so it usually is a surprise for me but I only don't look at the menu when it's a box of chocolates that I'm familiar with so ultimately I do usually have a good idea of what I'm gonna get

yeah, makes no damn sense :?

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2024, 10:01 am

I love chocolate me

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2024, 10:18 am

babybird wrote:
I love chocolate me

Chocolate is life.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2024, 10:36 am

Yeah it is

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2024, 10:43 am

babybird wrote:
Yeah it is

:mrgreen:

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2024, 11:57 am

ocean wrote:
can anyone explain this to me?...you know that Forrest Gump quote "life is like a box of chocolates...you never know what you're gonna get"...i never understood that...dont boxes of chocolate have pictures of the chocolate thats in the box?

Most that I've seen do, but not all... we should also note that the movie was made in 1994 and the book was written in 1986; maybe it wasn't common for it to be written on the boxes back then? (I was born in the nineties and aren't American, so I don't know.) It could also refer to one not knowing if they like the taste, as in you never know if it's a tasty chocolate or not, before you eat it, even if it looks good and you know what it's supposed to taste like.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2024, 12:09 pm

I like chocolate liqueurs me

I like how the liquid explodes in your mouth when you break through the chocolate

It's simply sensational

ocean
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2024, 12:23 pm

Fireblossom wrote:
ocean wrote:

Most that I've seen do, but not all... we should also note that the movie was made in 1994 and the book was written in 1986; maybe it wasn't common for it to be written on the boxes back then? (I was born in the nineties and aren't American, so I don't know.) It could also refer to one not knowing if they like the taste, as in you never know if it's a tasty chocolate or not, before you eat it, even if it looks good and you know what it's supposed to taste like.

you made some very good points...you might be right :D

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2024, 12:32 pm

Aren't brains brilliant

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2024, 4:19 pm

babybird wrote:
Aren't brains brilliant

They are indeed!

We all have one, although it seems some people don't use them. :lol:

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2024, 4:22 pm

Doing nothing productive.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.