Forum is great- but the Menu steals too much place from it

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

06 Jul 2004, 4:12 pm

Forum is great- but the Menu steals too much place from it.

It would be nice to see the forum screen - wide without the Menu taking so much space from it. Webmaster, do something about it!

focused
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Jul 2004, 11:25 am

I find the menu to be a nice size. I jump around alot and like to see who is online. I assume that we are refering to the column on the left. I also appreciate the limited use of layered frames. Nice colors too.

Tom_FL_MA
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Location: Central Florida; originally southeastern Massachusetts

07 Jul 2004, 4:35 pm

focused wrote:
I jump around alot and like to see who is online.

In reference to this, (in a way)... I like to see which members are viewing particular portions of the site. Is this feature disabled? On other message board. Many board members don't like knowing fellow members "every move." I think it is neat, especially when you get to know each other beyond just the message board, that is PM, IM and e-mail.

12 Jul 2004, 1:03 pm

focused wrote:
I find the menu to be a nice size. I jump around alot and like to see who is online. I assume that we are refering to the column on the left. I also appreciate the limited use of layered frames. Nice colors too.

The menu is quote nice. The forum is quite nice, too. But is there a way to use the forum without seeing the menu on the left at the same time or in the same window? Just to have more space for the forum?

I do not want to get rid of the Menue. It is just that I would like opening the forum in a different window, frame or tab to have it wider on my small screen..