Take the MMPI-2 online for free.

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page:

carltcwc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:19 pm

http://geisel.narod.ru/mmpi2.htm

What Im wondering is how do I decode what my test scores mean without buying a book.
Is there a similar website where I can enter the test scores from this one and see what they meant?

jamesongerbil
Veteran
Veteran

Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:02 pm

Um, did you scroll down? It gives you all your stats. Beyond that, though, I don't know yet. Such a long test!
Edit: Those that are hypochondriacs should avoid this test.

carltcwc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:11 pm

yea, i saw them after i finished it. I just dont know what the numbers mean.
I anwesed all the questiong. From what I what to know there is raw score, T score, and K score. K score I only got 5 spots with numbers, the rest are blank. Im wondering why. Im curious what any of this means.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:12 pm

It's not like that test is actually meaningful or worthwhile...

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

carltcwc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:16 pm

Actually this is the one that is a valid psychological test unlike the popular 4degrees and similarminds personality disorder tests that someone just made up.

heres the anwsers i got

jamesongerbil
Veteran
Veteran

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Oh, I know it's used by a lot of professionals, and it's well-respected, and it's been used for ages. I took it as part of a psychological evaluation myself.

That still doesn't make it meaningful or worthwhile...

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Shadwell
Veteran
Veteran

Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:09 am

Isn't that a long and intensive test?

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:11 am

This is validly a psych test, but its validity for testing purposes is questionable. I also think that, as with many personality tests, autistic people probably don't really interface well with it.

shamimkhaliq
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:44 pm

look at all the columns where your t-score was more than 75%. then google what you scored high in. also look at your red-flagged sentences

my result was: "faking bad" (in first half of test) and impulsive with red-flags for depression, anxiety, assault, sexual deviance, somatic symptoms, deviant beliefs, mental confusion and alcoholism.

i've been diagnosed ADHD

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:21 pm

Verdandi wrote:
This is validly a psych test, but its validity for testing purposes is questionable. I also think that, as with many personality tests, autistic people probably don't really interface well with it.

This is true and can be a problem if your psychiatrist is unaware of Aspergers/autism/ADHD etc. I did a test (possibly this one I am not sure) and it showed that I had loads of 'problem personality traits'. I was at one point diagnosed with Personality disorder NOS without any question of other conditions then later re-diagnosed with Borderline personality disorder. What I realised quite quickly though (thankfully my Mum also realised this) was that a lot of the BPD symptoms were mainly related to my neurological alphabet soup. I have since been told that I don't have BPD and the psychologist who said I did claimed he cured me of it then vanished overnight... Frankly I think he was just being mean. In return though, I evaluated him for Narcissistic personality disorder and he fit enough criteria for a diagnosis!

Brony2011
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:08 pm

This is the MMPI-2, which differs significantly from the original MMPI. The two tests are the standard tools used by actual psychologists. I'm surprised to see it for free online, when it's supposedly "a well-guarded secret of the psychiatric community." I was in therapy before, and the therapist administered the MMPI, but let me take it home with me, and the rubric was attached to the back. So I could have lied and faked my results to be whatever I wanted (since I was in a psychology class at the time, where we were studying mental and personality disorders), but I chose not to, since I have great difficulty being deceitful or manipulative anyway.

Never saw nor took the MMPI-2 until now. According to it, I seem to be schizophrenic, with high scores for paranoia, sexual deviancy and concerns/complaints, anxiety, psychosis, and sociopathic/antisocial traits and behaviors, family problems, and drug or alcohol problems.

I think this is inaccurate. I've been called or considered both sociopathic/antisocial and psychotic before, but I don't consider myself to be either and don't like it if people insist or insinuate that I am. I know the difference between what's reality and what isn't. I can't lie and cheat or purposefully use and hurt others, even if I wanted. I have above average and atypical sensations and perceptions, and believe I experience the world differently from the average person, but I don't have apparent delusions or see or hear things that aren't there.

I used to be anxious and depressed, and I used to have a drug and alcohol problem, which had resulted from self-medicating my anxiety and depression. I still have some anxiety, specifically social and performance anxities. I don't abuse any substance currently, but still consider myself a recovering addict.

I used to get in trouble at school, all the way from elementary through college, not because I was specifically acting out or hurting others, but because I was frequently bullied all throughout my life, and fought back against those bullies, and because it also took me until the past few years (I'm 25) to learn and apply all the proper social norms. My freshman year of college, I found out people in the dorms said they found me "threatening" because I didn't always used to show enough "affect" and had an odd gait and posture, so I taught myself how to walk and stand "normally" and show through expressions and behavior what I was thinking or feeling. So a few students had wanted to get me kicked out, simply because they felt uncomfortable around me for my being different.

So paranoia, yes. I have lots of that and always have, and it's one of the few faults I'll admit I see in my psychology. The world isn't really out to get me, but I've had negative experiences throughout my life that have left me feeling that way, and therapy helped me get a more positive and realistic outlook on life, which is part of why I want to go back. Social, sexual, and family issues are each their own set of problems I could get into at length (but will refrain here).

So I think a person could easily be misdiagnosed, or self-diagnose themselves as something they're not, if not looking at all the other factors. If I am Asperger's or on the autism spectrum (which I'm suspecting more and more I am, though mildly, and undiagnosed), then that combined with a few other factors, both internal and external, would explain most of the problems and difficulties I've had throughout my life, rather than jump to the extreme conclusion that I'm psychotic or a sociopath.

TPE2
Veteran
Veteran

Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:30 pm

shamimkhaliq wrote:
look at all the columns where your t-score was more than 75%. then google what you scored high in.

For me:

- Backside F
- Infrequency Psychopathology
- Depression
- Psychathenia
- Schizophrenia
- Subjective Depression
- Mental Dullness
- Lassitude-malaise
- Social Alienation
- Lack of Ego Mastery, Cognitive
- Ego Inflation
- Social Discomfort
- Negative Treatment Indicators
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
- Depression, Obvious
- Low Positive Emotions
- Introversion / Low Positive Emotionality
- Introversion

mar00
Veteran
Veteran

Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:43 pm

Quote:
What Im wondering is how do I decode what my test scores mean without buying a book.
Is there a similar website where I can enter the test scores from this one and see what they meant?

General guidelines on how to interpret the test are somewhere on the internet. And as a matter of fact SWIM googled one of those books just like that.
Anyway, I'd love to find some similar websites.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:53 pm

I'm taking it for fun and it has the "I would like to be a florist" question. On Buffy they brought that one up on a couple of episodes.

Buffy: “The Watcher Council shrink is heavy into tests. He’s got tests for everything, T.A.T.s, Rorschach, associative logic. He even has that test to see if you’re crazy that asks if you ever hear voices or you ever wanted to be a florist.”

Willow: “Ooo, I used to want… Wait. Florist means crazy, right? I never wanted to do that.”

Also they mentioned it on the spin off series Angel.

Fred: “Don’t y’all think this is some kind of government conspiracy? ‘Cause my friend, Levon, says the government’s always taking kids and experimentin’ on ‘em. Did anybody else have to take a personality disorder test recently? They ask you about politics and your bowel movements and if you want to be a florist…“

Many of these questions seem irrelevant to me for diagnosing anything. How does "I have never vomited or coughed up blood" make me crazy/not crazy?

Last edited by hanyo on Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page: